Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Hurry Up and Wait

Hurry Up and Wait

If you're like me, you better hurry up and read this e-mail; there's another 37 more unread e-mails to look through this morning - and that's after the spam filters have done their thing. Oops, make that 43 now. Then, you've still got that list of things to do this week and those that absolutely have to be done by Friday. Your calendar is so full. Life can get so hectic. We rush, rush, rush - right through it all. We wear ourselves out and miss what matters most - God.

In a hundred years, will anyone remember if you replied to their e-mail right away? In a thousand years, will the project you're working on still matter? In a million years, will God remember the time you spent talking with him this morning? Only one of these questions can be answered with a yes. God will remember. God says, "I remember the loyalty of your youth, your love as a bride" (Jeremiah 2:2 HCSB)

Take time now to spend some time with him. Make the time. Just sit , talk, and wait on him to respond.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

According to ancient thought, eagles lived longer lives than other birds because they would molt their feathers in order to renew their youth and their strength. Indeed, when we take the time to sit and wait on God we are renewed and better able to use the rest of the day.

Hurry up and wait. Wait upon the Lord. You have too much to do not to.

God - I sit here now just resting in you. I have so much to do today. But being with you now and feeling your presence is what matters most. I love you so. Strengthen me for the remainder of today and help me to just be still and know that you are God. Jesus, thank you for your love and mercy. May I reflect you in all I do today and in all that I am every day. Amen.

--Adam
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply