Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default God's Divine Light

God's Divine Light

Listen to this Prayerful Living message in:
Real Audio MP3

“For You will light my lamp; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.” — Psalm 8:28 NKJV

So many times darkness brings fear. I'm sure you can remember times when as a child, you disliked being alone in the dark. Many children ask their parents to leave a night light on in their bedroom or else leave the bedroom door ajar. We are warned to keep away from dark, deserted streets for our own safety.

81-year-old Faye Hargadine told Angels on Earth magazine how she was caught in a Kansas tornado while alone at home. She had prepared for the storm and had flashlights and batteries handy, but the storm was so destructive that it knocked out the lights in the town, blew in her roof and knocked the flashlight out of her hand. She was left in total darkness in the storm and felt her house being blown down around her. She managed to crawl under a strong piece of furniture and was in total terror in the darkness. Then she remembered how she had collected angel figurines and had given talks about how God sends angels to watch over us. She said that when she remembered her angels, peace came over her and she was able to survive the storm without panic. In the quiet after the storm, she was glad to see a light approaching. It was her neighbors with a flashlight, coming to see if she was all right.

Today's scripture tells us that God will always be our Light. When we trust him completely, he will never leave us in the darkness of despair. Too many times we allow the darkness of life's storms to overcome us, rather than going to God and allowing him to lead us in his light. Jesus promised, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12).

Precious Lord, I am grateful that I may follow you in the light of your love, though I walk in darkness. Amen.

“Prayerful Living”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply