Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wake Up And Smell the Coffee

Wake Up And Smell the Coffee

"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!'" Luke 15:17 (NIV)

Lately I've been struggling to get up in the morning. It's probably because here where I live it's dark early and cold - and frankly I don't like the cold. So I just want to snuggle deep in my bed and keep hitting the snooze button. In fact, it's gotten so bad that I don't want to even hear the alarm.

I've come to realize that my alarm is only as good as I allow it do be. I mean, if I don't want to hear it - I'm just going to ignore it because my desire to be warm and remain in bed is so deep within me.

That's the way it was with the son of the rich man in this story - he was living the life of a slave even though there was food and good clothing and love at home. But, he just didn't want to hear about it (or think about it). But when he finally came to his senses, he realized how foolish he was being! At this point he realized his life had to change AND that he had the power to change it!

Have you come to that point yet with your addiction or hurt or hang-up or habit? Sometimes we just need to have that good wake-up call BUT, if we aren't in the frame of mind to hear it, it's no good. Perhaps you are thinking that you aren't good enough to deserve to change, or that you can't change or that God doesn't love you. All of those are lies that you tell yourself. So when you have that moment of clarity (almost an "I get it" moment) - don't let it slip by. Act on it!

Ask God to work something new in you - and take the right steps. Attend a meeting by Celebrate Recovery or a traditional 12 Step, ask for forgiveness or offer it to someone..whatever and wherever you are in your recovery process...act on the AHA moments.

And then, be accountable to someone that you trust. I am such a believer in that accountability does work. A trusted friend/sponsor will be honest with you and help support you.

Recovery Box
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply