Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Detachment

They say listen to your dreams! What about your nightmares!

I have small cards with animals on and one of the ones I got in my daily meditation was the Lizard which said, "Rekindle lost goals and desires. Expand your vision. Honor messages in your dreams."

I went to bed and dreamt that my son and my aunt who is 81 had their fingers amputed. My aunt had hers stuck back on, was bloody and bandaged and she was lying on a couch which I understood to me in my place.

My son was at the General Store across the street from me and got into an argument with the owners. He wouldn't show me his finger, and all I sensed was a lot of anger, attitude from him and anger and insolence from the family owned store.

It was really scarey, left a numb feeling when I woke up but I got the word "detachment" and yet I am questioning the extreme graphics, maybe because I need to take extreme measures or I have been given the message over and over again, and don't learn what I am suppose to do or only put it into practice on certain occasions.

With my aunt, I know I haven't been to see her as much as I should. I don't live very far away. She has taken to socializing in the lounge and is never home when I call her, so I know I need to make more of an effort to go and see her. She is lonely and I think she feels abandoned. I have free time during the week to see her and in the past I always called, but haven't been able to reach her during the day and in the evening when I call she is sleeping she is on a much different time schedule than I am. She does mornings and I do nights.

It certainly was a wake up call, and I still have a sense of dis-ease about going back to sleep in case it returns. I woke up as though I hadn't been to sleep at all, it seemed like I was very wide awake the whole time I was laying down.

I value any feed back you have on this. I think I am right in the fact about detaching from my son more and as far as my aunt is concerned, I need to be aware of the detachment and connect more with her.

I rarely remember my dreams either, but I seem to go through stages were they are very vivid pictures. Sometimes they seem so real and I am living them, and when I wake up they disappear and not much is left. This one was so, and I have been have more of these than usual.

I have a dream book too and I have often helped other people interrupt their dreams, but looking at yourself is another matter and because this is a disease of perception I often like to run things by someone else to see if I am living in reality or illusion.

I was also told it wasn't so much what is in the dream but your feelings and emotions because it is generally coming from your sub-conscious. I didn't have a dream last night, and I think it was mainly the fact that I processes it, wrote about the last one, and did a meditation and had a talk with God before I went to bed.

I also read a part of a book last night after coming home from bridge. I think I also had to detach from all the busy and thoughts in my head so I could rest properly. I slept for seven hours total and I don't do that very often.

Thanks for letting me share,

My story shared in 2004

Detaching with Love

Sometimes people we love do things we don't like or approve of. We react. They react. Before long, we're all reacting to each other, and the problem escalates.

When do we detach? When we're hooked into a reaction of anger, fear, guilt, or shame. When we get hooked into a power play - an attempt to control or force others to do something they don't want to do. When the way we're reacting isn't helping the other person or solving the problem. When the way we're reacting is hurting us.

Often, it's time to detach when detachment appears to be the least likely, or possible, thing to do.

The first step toward detachment is understanding that reacting and controlling don't help. The next step is getting peaceful - getting centered and restoring our balance.

Take a walk. Leave the room. Go to a meeting. Take a long, hot bath. Call a friend. Call on God. Breathe deeply. Find peace. From that place of peace and centering will emerge an answer, a solution.

Today, I will surrender and trust that the answer is near.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply