Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #31
Chance

Icon19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post
This is a program of reflection. By going to meetings and sharing with others, I found myself. My mirror told lies, but when I heard, for every finger you point at someone, you have three coming back. It takes one to know one. So whether you find positive or negative, own it and work on it with your sponsor, counselor, pastor, and/or anyone else you feel comfortable with.
That is the hard part for myself cause I have very few if any at the moment that I do feel comfortable with when I hear things I would tell a sponsor come back at me and I asked why are they saying things about me that I would tell them in confidence. It really makes the trust issue go right out the door....
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chance For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I know what you mean, I had a couple of sponsors who heard my words and opened their mouth, and my words were spread all over. I had a sponsee give my name and phone number to all the hookers and street people and told them to call me, if they needed help because I helped her.

Everyone knew me for a 50 mile radius when I was using, so it didn't bother me if people knew I was clean and sober in today. Just because someone is in the fellowship, doesn't mean you can always trust them, they are sick people too. Through the program, I learned to trust myself and my God. If He put someone in my life, it was meant to be.

Hugs!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
December 30

Action And Prayer

"... growth is not the result of wishing but of action and prayer"

Basic Text, pp. 35-36

Sometimes it seems as if our recovery is growing much too slowly. We struggle with the steps; we wrestle with the same problems; we labor under the same uncomfortable feelings day after day. We wish that recovery would move a little faster so we could find some comfort!

Wishing doesn't work in recovery; this isn't a program of magic. If wishes cured addiction, we all would have been well long ago! What does give us relief in recovery is action and prayer.

Narcotics Anonymous has worked for so many addicts because it is a carefully designed program of action and prayer. The actions we undertake in each of the steps bring more and more recovery to each area of our lives. And prayer keeps us connected to our Higher Power. Together, action and prayer keep us well-grounded in recovery.

Just for today: My recovery is too precious to just wish about it. Today is a good day for action and prayer.
As I like to say, I pray for the willingness to be willing. Thought doesn't get me anywhere, unless I have the willingness to follow it with action.

I have found that my God as more valid solutions than I have, some that never came to mind. Trying to make things happen, often slows up the process. I need to stay in the moment as well as the day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #34
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
December 31
Being Of Service

"Working with others is only the beginning of service work."

Basic Text, pg 56
We're in recovery now. Through living the program, we've attained some stability in our lives. Our faith in a Higher Power has grown. Our individual spiritual awakening is progressing comfortably. So now what? Do we simply sit still and enjoy? Of course not. We find a way to be of service.

We tend to think of service only in terms of committee service or holding a position at some level, but service goes far beyond this understanding. In fact, we can find opportunities to be of service in nearly every area of our lives. Our jobs are a form of service to our communities, no matter what our occupation. The work we do in our homes serves our families. Perhaps we do volunteer work in our communities.

What a difference our service efforts make! If we doubt this, we can just imagine what the world would be like if no one bothered to be of service to others. Our work serves humanity. The message we carry goes beyond the rooms of recovery, affecting everything we do.

Just for today: I will look for opportunities to be of service in everything I do.
Sometimes we fail to realize, that just saying good morning or giving someone a smile, is service. Just showing up to your meeting each week, is the biggest service of all.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply