Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words that begin with "C"

C is for Come. Come to the rooms of recovery. There is a solution, for anyone who enters, no matter what substance you used. Keep coming, so you don't have to come back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

C is for Courage to Change the things we can.

C is for Came to believe.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 08-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Clean. In order to recovery, I had to be clean of all drugs. All substances lead to the same soul sickness. I quit smoking because I felt it was what I needed to be a clean, clear channel to carry the message of recovery. I didn't want to, I could quit, until I could find that willingness within me. I had to have a spiritual solution for a disease that is spiritual in nature. Not religious, but spiritual, which changed the old attitudes and actions into a new way of life.

It didn't happen overnight, it took me 7 years in recovery to find that willingness to quit smoking and change my life into a more spiritual walk.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Choice. I have a choice! Once I pick up that drug of choice, my freedom is gone and my dis-ease takes over my life and makes my choices for me.

Just for today, I choose to stay clean and sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Catch. Catch the Recovery Train. On your way by, catch a sponsor and find a home group. Catch the suggestions, there are no have toos, but there are a lot of darn well betters, could haves and should haves, along the way, if you are willing to cling to the old guilt. If you have been open to catching the Good Orderly Direction on your journey, you will gain wisdom, knowledge, awareness, and some tools along the way, that will allow you to change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Count. Count not the years, and the the number of things done i the past, the are all covered under the umbrella of that was then, this is now. Count the second, moment, and hours of today. Count the blessing in today, don't focus on how many times you screwed up, but how many times you got back up to try again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Cry. It is okay to Cry. I had to give myself permission. My first husband, told me to quit crying, that I was using them as a weapon. So I did, and it took a long time in recovery to let the tears flow. Tears are very healing, sometimes those tears can be tears of joy.

I was made to feel it was my fault, or I believed it was my fault that he was running around with other women, introduced me to a few, and was with another woman the night our son was born. I had to acknowledge that I had a right to cry, but I also had to look at how many times I used tears to get my own way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Clue. What was your first clue that you just might have a problem. What should you have clued into, on your journey that might have made it shorter and you qualified much earlier.

As they say in Al-Anon, I did not cause it, I can not control it, and I can not cure it. It is a spiritual program, that allows us to heal and change the old habits, thinking, patterns, and behaviors.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

C is for Close. Don't close the door to the past, don't live there, but allow yourself to heal and let go of it in today. So much of our life in today, is rooted in the past, so we need to deal with the issues, memories, guilt, etc. and by doing this, we close the door on our disease.

Our disease may knock, but we don't have to open the door and let it in. We can keep the door closed, one day at a time, using the tools of recovery.

If we don't feed it and fuel the fire, the Light won't shine on the past, but be present in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply