Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2017, 06:12 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

March 30

Anger
If we were to live, we had to be free of anger.
The grouch and the sudden rage were not for us.
Anger is the dubious luxury of normal men,
but for us alcoholics it is poison.
- As Bill Sees It, p. 5

Thought to Ponder . . .
Anger is the wind that blows out the light of reason.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Avoid Anger.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

The Past
"Showing others who suffer how we were given help
is the very thing which makes
life seem so worthwhile to us now.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands,
the dark past is the greatest possession you have--
the key to life and happiness for others.
With it you can avert death and misery for them."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 124

Thought to Consider . . .
Get it - Give it - Grow in it.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
PACE
Positive Attitudes Change Everything

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Privacy
>From "From Loneliness to Solitude":
"As the sober weeks go by, we can enjoy and treasure the few moments of solitude we are able to find in the rush and
hurry of life today. When we cease to fear loneliness and begin to cherish and use our solitude to advantage, we have
come a long way. We realize a little solitude is necessary to think and to try to work some of the Steps. In solitude, we
take our inventories. In solitude, we admit to ourselves the exact nature of our wrongs. In solitude, our spirits seek that
Power greater than we are; in solitude, we seek through prayer and meditation to be aware of God's will for us."
Houston, Texas, USA
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 109

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"It was at my home group that I learned to trust the experiences of the early groups with meetings. We have a Traditions
meeting once a month and when I was new and heard the Traditions read out loud, the experiences of the early AA
meetings gave me the first notion that real people -- drunks like me -- started this program."
New York, N.Y., February 1990
"Out of the Hat"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental
defense against the first drink. Except in a few rare cases, neither
he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense must come from a Higher Power."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 43~

"For the type of alcoholic who is able and willing get well, little
charity, in the ordinary sense of the word, is need or wanted. The men
who cry for money and shelter before conquering alcohol, are on the
wrong track."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 97

Where other people were concerned, we had to drop the word ”blame” from our speech and thought.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 47

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Review the Day
When we retire at night, we constructively review our day. Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest, or afraid? Do we owe
an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should be discussed with another person at once? Were we
kind and loving toward all? What could we have done better? Were we thinking of ourselves most of the time? Or were
we thinking of what we could do for others, of what we could pack into the stream of life?
We must be careful not to drift into worry, remorse, or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to
ourselves and to others. After making our review, we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measure
should be taken. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, P. 86

Prayer For The Day: May I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply