Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week, words beginning with the letter "N"

N is for Normal. Normal is a cycle on a washing machine. What is normal for me, just may not be normal for you.

What is your normal routine for the day? Do you try to plan it out or do you go with the flow and allow your God to supply your needs and allow Him to direct you in the way He would have you go.

So many times, I would make a list of do things for the day, only to beat myself up for not achieving my goals. My sponsor suggested I look at what I did do instead of what I didn't do, perhaps your God had other plans for you.

Live in the moment, live in the now.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for New. We are about to begin a new year. Each day is a new beginning. If we live one day at a time, new things will be revealed to you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for Nature. Look for the good, it can be found in all things. Be open to new ways and thoughts, let go of the old to make room for the new. Be optimistic, believe that they will come your way. You get back what you put out. Spend time in nature and allow it to speak to you. Take in the natural way of God's creation, not spoiled by man.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for New.

Quote:
OPEN TO THE NEW

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler

How willing are you to learn something new? How open are you to new perspectives?

Only when we're open can we really hear what's being said or really see what's happening or really experience the moment.

Openness demands that we be willing to move to places we've never been before. It asks us to continually challenge the foundations of our belief systems so we can test out new ideas. And to do that, we need to accept insecurity.

Be open to seeing things:
- from another's point of view,
- from a higher and more inclusive perspective
- with a beginner's attitude of wonder.

"The struggle of the mind to keep itself free from every sort of bondage -- to remain curious, open, unsatiated in all its relations with nature -- is tenfold more difficult than the cultivation of a stable, satisfying point of view, but a thousandfold more precious."

-- Gardner Murphy

"Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here."
-- Iyanla VanZant

Quote:
Being open to other concepts than my own was not an easy task for Ms. Perfection. To let go of the old tapes that had been playing in my head for years, to learn not to give them creadence, but recognize them for what they were and put them aside for an alternative solution wasn't easy.

When you have been told for years about 'life' from people you thought were "in the know" only to find that their truth didn't work for you, was a difficult concept to grasp.

I had become very introverted and to open myself up meant to become vulnerable, and fear of being hurt again made me want to build the wall higher instead of removing the bricks so I could see beyond what was in front of me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for No. As the country song said many years ago, "What part of 'No' don't you understand? So many times we say NO because we say what we think others want us to do. Some times we say NO when we really mean 'Yes' but fearful and we try to please. No is no, you don't have to explain it, your don't have to justify it. 'No' just means 'No' and we can stand firm in what we believe. Sometimes we don't think we have the right to say NO! Old tapes can be killers, they eat at the soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnl7HDWduAU

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for Now. Living in the now is the freedom of recovery. Letting go of the pain of the past and the fear of the future allows me to heal and live in today. Now is the time to do, not just sitting on a chair at a meeting, but following the suggestions of the program. No need to project into the future, stay in today and know that your needs will be met just for today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for Narrow. We can walk the narrow road or choose to walk on the broad path that allows others to walk with us. With the narrow one, there is just room for my God and me and any one who comes my way. I can give them a hug and allow them to pass by and live their own life.

Sometimes we feel we need to take detours, but when all is said and done, it bring us back to the now, and where we should be.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

N is for Nitch. Find your nitch, that place your God has place you and where you feel comfortable. If you aren't happy there, look at what you need to make your space comfortable and noteworthy. We all have different abilities. We have our own gifts. We need to exercise them, share them with others, and know they are God given. Don't try to fit into something you are not.

Don't be a turkey, unless God made you one.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

NUTS = Not Using The Steps

Next - Do the Next right thing.

No - My sponsor told me one time that there was a little two letter word that I needed to learn how to say and that was No. She said it is ok to say No. I was always wanting to do everything for everybody which is why she told me this.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply