Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Patience

He who knows how to be aggressive, and yet remains patient, becomes a receptacle for all of Nature's lessons.

~ Lao Tzu ~

Patience is so important. We must remember when did not get here in one day, so we do not recover in one day, it is a process. Do not leave until the miracle happens. Stay!

If you pray for patience, you will find yourself confronted with things you will have to learn to tolerate, in order to practice your patience.

When I was in early recovery, I would push the button on automatic doors and would stand there chomping at the bit, waiting for it to open. It just never opened fast enough, I wanted to give it a little push to hurry it up. It so reflected my thoughts and my attitude for many years. My old tape from my mother told me to do it right or do not do it, leave it for her, because it always had to be her way. She did not have patience with me and I felt less than because I could not do it right. I had to learn to have patience with myself.

When you look at nature, you can watch the evolution of creation and how it all comes together. The smallest leaf get just the right amount of light and water, each bird is safely nested and surrounded in love and light and then it needs to take flight, and find life on his own. Each day is a new beginning, open up to experience it, have patience, do not wish your life away.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply