Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, Words that begin with the letter "W"

W is for Willing. You have to be willing to stop drinking in order for the program to drink. You have to be willing to get honest with yourself. You have to open your mind to knew concepts and ways of living. You have to be willing to be willing, to go to any lengths to stay clean and sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Wish. Don't wish your life away. Work for it. Work the the Steps. Work the program and your wishes will come true and so much more.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Win. I was told to stick with the winners. Then I was told that anyone who stayed sober for one day, was a winner. The normal thing for an alcoholic to do is drink. The miracle, is an alcoholic who doesn't drink for one day. I believe in miracles, I am one. I am a winner.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Wake. Wake up to the fact that things are just not the way they were. Even in recovery, we can become complacent and we need to wake up and smell the roses and open our eyes that things that use to work for us are no longer working or they need a new spit, polish, and shine. That something can be our body, mind, and/or spirit.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
AWalton789

W is for Wonderful. All the wonderful things that surround us, if we stop and take the time to acknowledge them, appreciate them and give thanks for them.
AWalton789 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AWalton789 For Sharing:
Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Who, What, or Why? Quit questioning, accept the 12 Steps as a way of life. They work if you work them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

W is for Who, What, or Why? Quit questioning, accept the 12 Steps as a way of life. They work if you work them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
dwmoeller

W is Want to Change. Step 6 says, We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

We have character traits, and we have determined in the third step which of those character traits we are ready to have removed by allowing God to hold onto them. This gives us an opportunity to make a searching and fearless moral inventory. We asked God to take these defective character traits that He has in His care and remove them permanently. In doing this we give up all rights to manipulate the situation - to change the outcome.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply