Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Macklee

Default Old member check in

I am a long way from being new to this site Bluidkiti has been a driving force in my recovery for over 10 years. countless mornings i have read her daily inspirations. I remember when we would have to go to a bunch of sites and cut and paste and it took three of us to get it on to the groups page ....I miss my Dynamics of recovery family and many of us have recovery do to this women Thank You for always being there for us

well for the young and old in recovery here is my story in a nut shell. I need to give it away so I may keep it (12th step work)

HI my name is Tod and I am a grateful recovering addict
My story in a nutshell...started using drugs at 16 went to prison at 19 21 released from prison got clean a year later stayed clean for 8 years then went back out in a big way during that time i meet my babes (2) momma and we used for 6 years tell our kids were removed from us 6 mths later we were clean and got our kids back we stayed clean together for two more years after that then we broke up basically because she was not done yet ......7 years later with a handful of relapse I was visiting my kids at their moms house when i saw how bad she was after disappearing for 25 days I had to take my kids and flee the house with nothing......CPS once again got involved and i had to stand in the same court that i did before and have them leave the kids in my home(we were homeless) and told me what a good Job i was doing in my recovery and in my life.....we fled the house on july 10 13 my clean date is 4/12/13....today I sit in a two bedroom with my kids tomorrow i get my teeth fixed .................................................. . hers is some post from the past
march 17
not just for Today......... I have the most amount of gratitude for the people who stood behind me and were allies and champions for my family ...........
I got told that tomorrow i can get the keys to our new home. This is the 1st place in so many years that I am the lease holder. I am having a hard time believing this real just a week ago I was asking for prayers and good vibes.
I see positive movement in all of my family and our interactions I am seeing that my tenacity is good thing. Change brings change
If it was not by the grace of God and a few good friends i would not be still standing...........
March 29
Today is moving day.......... everything we own will fit in two duffel bags........so its easy
April 13
When i say "i am going to do ......" I set these power into motion that no words can describe. Today a BLESSING happened in my life all my dreams ..... i have a home with furniture and my children............... I MADE THIS HAPPEN............threw pure grit and tenacity ...... YES I HAD HELP ..but I asked.... Every thing I have is a GRACE of God .... I put out the energy...and today I know why I did all the kind things in my life just for the sake of it....I have never been so overwhelm with joy and happiness.......I write this threw tears of pure Gratitude ... I have seen JOY in my Son that i have not seen since i held him in my arms........... I truly can not stop crying i am that overwhelmed......
today
HOPE and FAITH
I share this because as I am reading some of your stories here and i can hear my story in almost all of them don't give up you are worth it........ your family needs you.... and its alot of work.....15 mths later i have just as much drive to stay clean as day one...it gets better ........work the steps....(by the way the steps work in all aspects of life not just recovery) ....THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING HERE....Blessed be
Macklee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macklee For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply