Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Get Out Of Your Cave

Get Out Of Your Cave

1 KINGS 19:9 NIV
9 There he went into a cave and spent the night. And the word of the LORD came to him: "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

Elijah was hiding in a cave, fearful, discouraged, and confused.

Why?

Elijah knew God and had seen God do mighty things, even in answer to his own prayers. Yet he was human, just like the rest of us.

JAMES 5:17 NIV
17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

Elijah had only one real problem, and it was not the adversaries he faced. It was that he got his focus off of God and onto himself.

To me, God seems amazed at Elijah's hiding. I picture Him thinking, "Doesn't Elijah know that I am greater than all his adversaries? Doesn't Elijah know that I will help him?"

I would paraphrase the verse above as, "What in the world are you doing here, Elijah? Have you forgotten who your God is? Have you forgotten who you are, a servant of Almighty God?"

Elijah was human -- just like us -- and we face the same difficulties in life. But just like Elijah, our real problem is not the problems we face -- but our focus.

We can focus on our inability and lack, or we can focus on God's ability and abundant provision.

Are you hiding in a "cave" today, afraid to venture forth and face life? Are you afraid of failure and rejection? Are you discouraged because things haven't worked out like you thought they would?

What are you doing?! Get out of your "cave!"

God is on your side. The Greater One is in you. The Lord is your helper. He has promised to never leave you or forsake you. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

SAY THIS: I will focus on God, Who loves me, and Who is greater than anything I will ever face.

A Bible Devotion
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply