Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #346
finbarr

pain med.s (tramadol +solpodol) were a nitemare to get off- i was taking a large amount- i also find it harder to stay off them than alcohol-
finbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finbarr For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #347
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I was told in treatment, "The body manufactures the pain to tell you that you need more." Yet don't let the people in the program play doctor, sometimes we do need medications, just because it is a pill doesn't mean it is wrong. I suffer from depression, but it isn't clinical depression and I don't need a pill for it. I just need to apply my program. Depression is part of grieving and part of withdrawal and detoxing, so many doctors dole out pills, when in fact it is a natural process and we have go through it, for me it was a living hell, but a pill doesn't make it better, it just prolongs things and kept me sick and in denial.

Some medications which are good for others are not good for others, for example, Gravol is something I don't have in my house. I can have it's good uses, but it was my drug of choice when everything else didn't work fast enough. For me it was about being aware and being willing to not go there.

Just for today, I choose not to use.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #348
landonkwillis

Hey everyone, I'm Landon w. from Tulsa Oklahoma. Grateful to be sober n to have found this site.
landonkwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to landonkwillis For Sharing:
Old 11-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #349
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Landon, so glad you found us. Look forward to sharing with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #350
india

hello hello!! just checking in. am doing quite well since i went back to meetings 6 mos. ago after being a dry drunk for 11 years, and after having 11 years of a good recovery program, and working it. just celebrated 22 yrs., but keep my white chip with me at all times (the one I picked up for coming back to the meetings) along w/my medallion. just wanted to stop by and say hello, and also ask that prayers be lifted up for Cheryl P. who is on day 13 after being in the program for 20 years. She had a "slip" (S.obriety L.osing I.t's P.riority). She is struggling mightly with detoxing and the Third Step of turning her will and her life over to the care of a Higher Power of her understanding. She is homeless now, (it is cold here in Maine) and looking at some legal charges as well. We women in the program have "circled our wagons" around her without "trying to fix it" at the same time. This is her journey.... but prayers are needed all the same. She's looking into rehab programs, lots of doors and windows are closing it seems, but not many are opening for her at the same time. God's will..... thank you all in advance for your prayers and good thoughts. Namaste to all of you!
india is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to india For Sharing:
Old 11-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #352
Randy M

Hi! I have been sober for a little over a year and recently had a lung surgery. This past year has been quite an interesting ride. I am very thankful for the many great ways my life has improved.
Randy M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy M For Sharing:
Old 11-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #353
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome India, thanks for the update. Prayers for you and Cheryl. Hopefully she will allow you to be there for her. It will help you both.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #354
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Randy, congratulations on your one year. You have been through a lot. Surgery can be a real test to our sobriety. Don't let the people in the rooms play doctor and yet be honest with your doctors about being an alcoholic and how pain medication is a form of dried-up alcohol to our bodies. We often need to take it , but under our doctor's and God's Care.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 11-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #355
Susan S

Hi my name is Susan,this is my first day on this site. I am struggling with sobriety . I do use 12 step meetings and for some reason I haven't been able to put more than 8 days clean. I wasn't sobriety more than anything. So that is why I am here today.
Susan S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Susan S For Sharing:
Old 11-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #356
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Susan, so glad you found us. So sorry for the late hello, I have been having problems with my computer today.

We do this one day at a time. It is a program of suggestions and I was told, I would only get out of the program, what I put into it. for me, it was do or die. Using was no longer an option. I went to meeting, got a sponsor, got phone numbers, built up a support group, found a home group where I felt comfortable sharing, got temporary sponsor, until covered all the bases. I was an alcoholic in denial, and addict whose drug of choice was more, with an eating disorder, who escaped her reality with men, work, and relationships. Just for today, I choose not to use. I am powerless over people, places, and things. I had to quit pointing the finger and had to let it begin with me.

Hope you will keep coming so you won't have to come back again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #357
ExRRer2003

Smile Checking in

Came to AA 3-29-1992, helpless-hopeless, and didn't know it. Not helpless and hopeless nymore. Grace of a loving GOD and the fellowship of AA I have never picked up another drink.
ExRRer2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExRRer2003 For Sharing:
Old 11-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #358
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome ExRRer2003, so glad to have you here. Look forward to sharing with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #359
india

not sure what post or thread this is posting to but want to give and say much encouragement to all who have made it to this website. you have made it here not by accident believe me! big thanks to Majesty Jo for having it here by the way. also, as an update, Cheryl is still struggling, but like most of us, our struggles (at least it is for me), they are self induced. it happens to me when I simply will NOT turn it over and Let Go and Let God (or H.P) I call myself the "Queen of "Snatch it Back!" (sounds like a game show)... you know... I turn it over and then BAM! I snatch it back, turn it over, BAM! snatch it back...*sigh* I'm still practicing progress not perfection.

thank you to everyone who comes here and shares their experience, strength and hope. I visit as often as I can and get much wisdom from your words. you never know what kind of impact you may have on someone's day, so thank you once again.
india is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to india For Sharing:
Old 11-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #360
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you, so true, we can be our own worst enemy at times. As a woman said many years ago, every time I let go, I leave scratch marks. When we do that, it take a long time to heal. We tend to forget that scars go much deeper than what we see on the surface. We have places that only God can reach.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply