Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Communication

Quote:
Every movement and non-movement we make is a form of communication.
I am a firm believer that a thought is a prayer. What I put out comes back to me in kind. The same goes for my actions or non-action. If I don't take the action, nothing will happen. I can pray without ceasing as it says in the Bible, but if I keep praying and don't stop to hear the answers, then how can I take action. If I keep praying and praying, where is my faith?

My God doesn't do for me what I can do for myself. I need to take the action, and turn the results over to Him. I need to communicate with my Higher Power. He knows my needs. I often get them mixed up with my wants and desires.

My God is my friend, companion, my all, why wouldn't I talk to Him. A girl I sponsored once told me she was angry at God. I said, "Tell Him, it is okay, He has big shoulders."

I lived in fear for so many years. Fearing that the wrath of God would strike me down. Today I walk with His love and protection.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thought this said what I was trying to say on my post:

As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were too busy, trying to find the right outfit to wear.

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were to busy. At one point you had to wait fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair. Then I saw you spring to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you ran to the phone and called a friend to get the latest gossip instead. I watched patiently all day long. With all our activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me.

I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me,that is why you didn't bow your head. You glanced three or four tables over and you noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate, but you didn't. That's okay. There is still more time left, and I hope that you will talk to me yet.
You went home and it seems as if you had lots of things to do. After a few of them were done, you turned on the TV. I don't know if you like TV or not, just about anything goes there and you spend a lot of time each day in front of it not thinking about anything, just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the TV and ate your meal, but again you didn't talk to me.

Bedtime I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you plopped into bed and fell asleep in no time. That's okay because you may not realize that I am always there for you.. I've got patience, more than you will ever know... I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.

I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought, or a thankful part of your heart. It is hard to have a one-sided conversation.

Well, you are getting up once again. Once again I will wait, with nothing but love for you. Hoping that today you will give me some time. Have a nice day!
Your friend,

GOD

Unknown to me

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

I went to a meditatin meeting were they only discussed Steps 10, 11, and 12. They opened with the Serenity Prayer, it was followed by the Third and the Seventh Step Prayers. The 12 Steps and Traditions were read and then they did the Eleventh Step Prayer from the 12 & 12. Then they lit candles, turned out the lines and played music for 5 minutes, silence for 10, and music for 5. It was followed by the reading and discussion of what was read. An awesome meeting, and so inspirtional.

What shocked me was hearing a woman with over 20 years in sobriety saying it was nice to be there because her life was so busy she didn't have time to meditate. I wanted to go up to her and say, "How do you stay sober if you don't talk to God and listen for the answers."

I had to learn to communicate. It has been a spiritual journey that will never end. This piece of prose was the old me. Now, I talk to my God all the time. He is All things.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply