Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
max91

Default newly sober, need advice

hello guys,

im Max and im an alcoholic. been sober for almost 3 weeks. if any of you guys have suggestions for me to stay on the right path i would appreciate it. my biggest motivation now is my gf and the baby we're about to have..like real soon cuz the contractions have started lol can't mess around this time and need to do it right
max91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to max91 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Max, thanks for signing in and sharing. The best advice I can give you is, "Don't pick up no matter what." Live in the solution instead of the problem. Go to meetings, and when you are tired of meetings, go to more meetings. Find a home group, some place you feel comfortable, look for someone who you feel comfortable talking to, or look for someone who has what you want and speak to them, and ask for their experience, strength, and hope and what worked for them.

There is a lot of recovery material here. It is a disease that affects us mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physical. It is not a quick fix, it is a process and you have to be willing to follow the path laid out by the fellowship you choose for you.

My sponsor was a heroin addict and she got triggered going to NA, so she chose AA. My denial was about alcohol, I always knew I was an addict, so I went to AA, took the body, until the mind followed. I also qualified for Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, Adult Children of Alcoholics, Codependency, and even checked out Women for Sobriety, CA, and found out that I also qualified for OA. What I found out it wasn't the substance, it was me and my thinking. I had to build a relationship with a Higher Power, who in today, I call my God.

You can't wear out the Serenity Prayer. Hugs are healing. We don't look at time, it is one day at a time. Each day is a new beginning, so have a good one.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
LookingOut

Seek some sort of support group. Chose an accountability partner from your church. Be accountable to your gf.

I am learning a great deal from the "New Wine" study at settingcaptivesfree.com

Lots of good readings and support here. Congrats on your sobriety! Find support. Stay accountable and stay vigilant. Sobriety is freedom and very much the better way of life!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
eric

Send a message via AIM to eric

Go to AA meetings and find a sponser as quick as you can. There is no easy way. Get in touch with the God of your understanding now. You will find a new life within AA. New friends and new hope for the future. 1day at a time.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eric For Sharing:
Old 02-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
eric

Send a message via AIM to eric

Hi max how are you doing if you need someone to talk to email me at jimegoldman@gmail.com
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eric For Sharing:
Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #6
Ten 6 12

Congratulations on your sobriety Max! Go to meetings ~ meeting makers make it. Find a sponsor ~ and use him. Work the steps ~ to the best of your abilities. Find a higher power ~ of your own understanding. My sponsor told me there are only two rules #1 start #2 continue. Good luck to you and your journey, please keep coming back.
Ten 6 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ten 6 12 For Sharing:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
Mentaldefect

If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking, you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic. If that be the case, you may be suffering from an illness which only a spiritual experience will conquer. B
B. Page 44. If you are planning to quit drinking for good and all, there mustn't be any reservations nor lurking notions. ? My experience is go to a literature based primary purpose group. And tell them you are new. And are done. That is if you really are done?
Mentaldefect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentaldefect For Sharing:
Old 02-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
mdmarlene

Hi, Max. Staying sober is the right path and AA provides the tools to learn how to live sober one day at a time. Take action and get to a meeting and follow the suggestions. God has blessed you with a baby. While that may be motivation for you to get sober...AA provides the solution to learn how to stay sober and live sober...this disease is life and death. Get to a meeting...get a Big Book...get a sponsor and follow the suggestions. And keep going to meetings. Just as we invested time in the problem we invest time in the solution.
I am sober many years one day at a time...not my way...not the easy way...but the AA way. My way got me drunk...the easy way got me drunk...doing it for others got me drunk. But there is a solution and the solution lies in the rooms of AA. "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path." Go to meetings and go with God. God has already blessed you with wisdom to recognize and the opportunity to take action. Now that you are or about to become a Father you have opportunity to give that child a healthy and sober Father...go to meetings and take responsibility for your recovery. God bless you and keep coming back.
mdmarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdmarlene For Sharing:
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
jfreeman
jfreeman

Welcome Max! START AND CONTINUE ONE DAY AT A TIME ALL OF THE ABOVE POSTS ARE THE BRST ADVICE...HONESTY,OPEN MINDEDNESS,AND WILLINGNESS..YOU ARE WELL ON YOUR WAY. have the Desire to stay clean? willing to do what ever it takes? take it another step go to meetings,get sponsor,work the steps..one day at a time. We can't,God can,will if we let go and let GOD..surrender,trust pray for help and do noy pick up NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
jfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfreeman For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply