Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #46
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 24

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: Hebrews 10:35-36

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. John 10:9

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.' John 8:12

Ephesians 1:17 - 17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.

2 Timothy 2:22 — Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Running away is sometimes considered cowardly. But wise people realize that removing themselves physically from temptation often can be the most courageous action to take. Remove yourself physically from any situation that stimulates your desire to sin. Knowing when to run is as important in spiritual battle as knowing when and how to fight.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #48
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 25

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1 John 2:1

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. John 10:11

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. John 10:9

Colossians 3:1 - 1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 — So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

In a culture filled with moral depravity and sin-inducing pressures, here is encouragement about temptation:
1) Wrong desires and temptations happen to everyone, so don't feel you've been singled out
2) Others have resisted temptation — so can you
3) Any temptation can be resisted because God will help you resist it. God helps you resist temptation by helping you:
a) recognize those people and situations that give you trouble
b) run from anything you know is wrong
c) choose to do only what is right
d) pray for God's help
e) seek friends who love God and can offer help when you are tempted

Running from a tempting situation is your first step on the way to victory.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #49
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 26

For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:30-31

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. John 10:11

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. John 11:25

Romans 8:10 - 10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #50
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 27

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. John 11:25

Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Proverbs 27:10 - 10 Never abandon a friend—either yours or your father’s. When disaster strikes, you won’t have to ask your brother for assistance. It’s better to go to a neighbor than to a brother who lives far away.

Matthew 6:14-15 — For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Isaiah 44:22 — "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."
Old 09-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #51
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 28

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. John 14:6

1 Corinthians 9:22 - 22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.

Ephesians 5:1-2 — Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #53
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 29

For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” John 3:20-21

Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Psalm 103:22

'Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.' John 15:5

Romans 8:39 - 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #54
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 30

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, Philippians 1:9-10

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Ephesians 5:1

Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom. Psalm 103:22

Galations 6:4 - 4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.

2 Corinthians 5:7 — For we live by faith, not by sight.

Can you trust God when he doesn't respond? Or does your faith waver if you don't receive an immediate answer to your prayer? His silence does not mean He's inactive or ignoring you. He's already working on the situation. Whatever He's doing is good, even if you can't perceive the outcome or sense His presence. We are called to live by faith, not by feelings or sight(2 Cor.5:7). The important issue is not what you see or feel, but what God has promised: "The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting" (Psalm 138:8).
Post New ThreadReply