Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

It is a sickness. It is all a sickness. The computer addiction is just as valad as the house one is too. It all leads to a soul sickness.

Some is good, more is better. It becomes there reason for being. The games, chat rooms, and message boards take up their time and they have no time for living. It becomes their life and shuts everything out. I know. I have been there when I was obsessed with my web sites. I got so I resented when the phone rang and people called. All I could talk about were my sites, I was so obsessive, compulsive. I had to take the whole situation to my Higher Power and ask for healing.

I am grateful to a certain person for talking innuendos and being off putting that I left a chat room. It left me not wanting to be a part of such a vehicle of communication or I might have gotten involved in them too. That isn't who I am in today, it certainly isn't what I want to hear in a recovery chat room.

I had to put my thinking and computer into my Higher Power's Hands. I was totally obsessed with my sites.

Had an Aunt Violet who was a Hoarder. I inherited her Bible. She saved plastic bags amongst others things. Back in her day, there were Nylons and she had the bags that the nylons came in. The magazines and papers had almost gotten to an unhealthy stage and my aunt and uncle took days to clear her place. The sad thing was that there was very little value except to her. It was mostly things that you would look at and say, "Oh, better not throw that out, I might need it some day."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply