Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/31

Because God is everywhere, you can pray anywhere. --Unknown

See God in every person, place, and thing, and all will be well in your world. --Louise Hay

Call on God when you need a friend to make it through the day. Lord, may we share Your love and beauty so that our lives may not be lonely.

God will never abandon us.

We are learning how to abandon outmoded standards so we may participate in manifesting God's love onto the planet. By doing this, we will generate the necessary energy and responses from the Light to wherever people are crying out. --John Morton

God will move a mountain but you have to bring the shovel.

It's like God is saying, 'I place before you a day. Create with it what you will out of your mind. It is my gift to you.' --Alan Cohen

Our strength always comes from God.

Each of us is God's handiwork, wonderfully made and cherished.

God's Choices Are Right Choices by Tony Beckett
But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be. 1 Corinthians 12:18
Have you ever wanted to be someone else? Have you wanted to handle a basketball like Michael Jordan or hit a baseball like Mark McGwire? Do you feel like you got the short end of the stick when it comes to gifts and talents? If so, cheer up. God has good news for you.
The Corinthian congregation was made up of very diverse people. In addition, God gave each of the Christians special gifts - spiritual gifts. These gifts were to be used to help others in the church develop to full maturity in Christ. Instead, the Corinthians argued over whose spiritual gift was the greatest. God gave each member exactly what He wanted them to have, but they failed to use that gift while they dreamed about being someone else.
Sometimes that happens today. We forget that what God gives us to do is the most important task we can do. If we do someone else's job and neglect our own, we fail twice.
Has God gifted you in a certain way? The only way you can be happy is to allow God to get out of you what He had put in you. He has tailor made a gift for you. It's His choice for you, and God's choices are always right choices. Don't fail twice by salivating after someone else's gift; savor your own.
Prayer: Help me, Father, to recognize that You have given me gifts to use for others. Don't let me be jealous of others. Instead, let me be zealous in serving You with my gift. Amen

Listening for God by Anthony G. Trevithick
MY wife called me to lunch. As was our custom when she had just put a meal on the table, we held hands to say grace. As I did so, inwardly I heard God say to me, "Go to see Mrs. Henry -- now!" I hesitated for a few moments and then told my wife that I had to leave. I explained why; then I left. She was upset and found it hard to accept my leaving at that very moment.
I got my bicycle out of the garage and rode to Mrs. Henry's house. I leaned my bicycle against the hedge and rang the doorbell. There was no reply. I went to the back door and knocked. Still no reply. I opened the kitchen door and shouted, "May I come in?" Then I heard a muffled sound from inside the house.
When I entered the parlor, I saw Mrs. Henry on the floor, unable to move. She looked up at me and said, "Where have you been? I have been praying for you to come for half an hour!"
That experience made me wonder how many other times I may have failed to hear God's voice. I am glad I was obedient to God's nudging that day.

A Work in Progress by Cindy Hawkins
DAY after day, I've watched a picture unfold through my cross-stitching. From many squares of colored thread erupts a scene of life so real that I can almost stroke the velvety flower petals and smell the ripe red berries.
As I sew, I realize that God also performs a pains-takingly slow work of refining me -- of transforming my life into something beautiful. With loving persistence, God guides each stroke of the needle in and out of the fabric of my life. Like my cross-stitch project, I, too, am a work in progress.
As the needlework project progresses, I outline each leaf and flower with a single thread. As a result, each object stands out in sharp relief. What was formerly a blurry, white mass has become a sharply defined dogwood blossom.
Like my needlework project, each of us is a continuing work of God. When we realize this, our self-worth, goals, triumphs, and trials are given fresh meaning. Even if the picture is unclear now we can trust that God will continue the good work begun in us.

Your Bank Account
Pretend you are given a bank account that receives a fresh deposit of $86,400 every day. You are free to spend the money any way you want, but the unspent balance is not carried forward to the next day. Regardless of what you’ve spent by the end of the day, the balance is reset daily at $86,400. What would you do with such a bank account?
Now consider the fact that each dollar represents the number of seconds in one day: 24x60x60=86,400 seconds. Once they are “spent,” they disappear; and the balance is reset at 12:00:01 a.m. every day. Some people become slaves of what they have, living frantic lives, trying to spend time, talent, and treasure before they lose it. In so doing, they become servants of things that are supposed to serve them. Jesus said we cannot serve both God and money (things of this world). And the only way to keep our priorities straight is to have a wise, godly plan: Today I’m going to glorify God this way with my time, talent, and treasure. Do you have such a plan? --Author Unknown

Staying Young All Your Life
Some people are old before their 40th birthday; others reach 90 and still seem young. What is the difference? Attitude. The body will age, but we get old only if we choose to do so. God desires that believers live each day fully so that He can use us. This weekend and next, I'm going to offer some suggestions for staying young all your life. Since I'm over 70, you can be sure I've tested them all!
First, we need to keep learning. Some people are satisfied with their present level of knowledge because learning something new would tax their brain. But discovering fresh concepts guarantees we can continue being productive in the world. Of course, Scripture should be our first source of knowledge. When we get God's perspective, anxiety and fear diminish so that our body and mind can function at optimum levels. In addition, we should read up on whatever interests us, become involved in new projects, and learn to use technology.
Keeping up with new technology seems harder the more birthdays we have. That's why another suggestion is: keep laboring. I'm not against retirement, but leaving a vocation is no reason to stop working. Just as certain fruit improves as trees age, years of a faithful walk with God should yield greater fruit in the believer's life. Look for service opportunities through the church and other ministries. --In Touch Daily Devotional

A Red Purse, an Orange Sweater and a Light that Must Shine
I recently read an article that was all about buying a red purse. No, it wasn’t in a fashion magazine. The woman described how, as she bought it, she ridiculed herself – “You’ll never have the courage to use it!” her interior voice said. And sure enough, the purse sat in the shopping bag for a long time. But then one day the woman took it out and looked at it. She really liked that purse. Why was she so afraid to use it? She concluded that she was afraid of calling attention to herself, afraid that people would think she was too outlandish, that she was showing off. But she just liked the purse. So she determined to use it. Her conclusion was that life was too short to live it by other people’s opinions. She wanted to be who she was, not who other people wanted her to be. I think we can all identify.
I have an orange sweater in my closet. I liked it instantly when I took it off the rack in the shop, but I’ve never worn it. It’s very bright. Too bright for a Canadian winter. Have you noticed how we all wear dark browns, blues, greens and black through the winter? That became strongly apparent to me when we arrived home from Papua New Guinea in the middle of December a few years ago. I had gotten used to all the tropical colors – vibrant reds, purples, oranges – and groaned at the lack of color here. But what was the first thing I bought? A dark green winter coat! I think it’s the chameleon syndrome. We all want to blend in. None of us wants to stand out. The implications are too scary. What would people think? We fear rejection and the disapproval of those around us.
But God created us to be who we are. And life is too short to hide. Life is too short for a lot of things – bickering and petty name-calling; holding grudges; hiding our gifts and talents under a façade of silence; hiding the most precious gift of God’s love and mercy from those around us who so desperately need it.
The apostle Matthew exhorted those around him to step out boldly and display the gift. “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16).
As we move into 2014 may we all be who we really are – sons and daughters of a most High God who has given us a great gift to share. Sons and daughters who are indeed, the light of the world. --Marcia Lee Laycock

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stay present with Me, says the Lord. I will give direction and wisdom so that you can stay on course. Watch for the lies of the enemy that cause you to lose confidence or feel aimless. Put your confidence in My will and My ability to give you the power and authority to do all that I have called you to accomplish. Be strong and resolute. John 5:30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

This is no time to get bogged down. Take life as it comes and deal with the issues that present themselves. This will require diligence and effort, but will also bring a sense of purpose and freedom. Procrastination is your enemy, so do what you can to stay on top of the things that require your attention. Otherwise, you will dig a hole for yourself that could be difficult to get out of. You will do well to flow with the moving of My Spirit, says the Lord. Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent will rule, but the lazy man will be put to forced labor.

You are in a season of preservation. It is absolutely essential that you protect life of the Spirit so that it is not damaged or destroyed. Nearly everything in your environment is working against your ability to thrive. You must fight against everything that robs you of life and purpose in My kingdom, says the Lord. I will do a deep and abiding work as you use the authority I have established to overcome the forces arrayed against you. Refuse to allow anything to undermine spiritual reality. Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Enhance the quality of your life by adding more spiritual content. I have not called you to be paupers in My kingdom, but to feed sumptuously on My Word and to walk on the path that leads to abundant life. Many of My people, however, live as though there is not enough to go around. Continually seek My face, and let My Word and My purposes abound in, around, and through you, says the Lord.
John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Set your heart, your faith, and your will to receive all that I have promised. All that I have made available through the plan of redemption is yours to have for yourself. But, you must settle that issue in your own heart and to know that My love and blessings are not just for a chosen few, but for all who believe, says the Lord. Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Listen to Me. I know what you have been through. I know the harshness of the past season that you have had to endure. I know the reality of that, but please understand that it was for your benefit; the benefit of strength; the benefit of your trust in Me. Those things that you have endured and gone through have made you stronger if you believe they have. And, as you come out into a new season you will find the strength that I have given to you will become a reality. It stretched you and caused you to walk with greater dignity, greater revelation, greater focus than ever before. This new reality will benefit you in the season that is now unfolding before you. So leave those things in My hand. The things you endured will now become your ornaments--they tell the world, tell the enemy, you have been through something, and you have come out victoriously on this side of it. This day, see yourself as victorious, says the Lord.

The Plan of the Master Weaver
Our lives are but fine weavings
That God and we prepare,
Each life becomes a fabric planned
And fashioned in His care.
We may not always see just how
The weavings intertwine,
But we must trust the Master's hand
And follow His design,
For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side,
While we must look from underneath
And trust in Him to guide......
Sometimes a strand of sorrow
Is added to His plan,
And though it's difficult for us,
We still must understand
That it's He who fills the shuttle,
It's He who knows what's best,
So we must weave in patience
And leave to Him the rest.....
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why--
The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
From a Hallmark card, Author Unknown

Make It A Habit by Virginia Santoro
Make it a habit to let things go.
Make it your practice that less is more.
Make it a habit to think the best.
Make it your practice to daily de-stress.
Make it a habit to forgive and forget.
Make it your practice to not digress.
Make it a habit to choose what is fine.
Make it your practice to unburden your mind.
Make it a habit to fully live life.
Make it your practice not to create struggle or strife.
Make it a habit to put God first.
Make it your practice to not swear or curse.
Make it a habit to always be ready.
Make it your practice to stay focused and steady.
Make it a habit to not beat yourself up.
Make it your practice to see the overflowing cup.
Make it a habit to always give more.
Make it your practice to expect to soar.
Make it a habit to ask for Guidance.
Make it your practice ~ healthy self-reliance.
Make it a habit to depend only on God.
Make it your practice to speak from the heart.
Make it habit if it rings good and true.
Make it your practice if it uplifts you.

Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God. 3 John 1:11

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. Romans 14:5

Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags. Proverbs 23:20-21

May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word.
May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise. May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts. I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight. Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands. Psalm 119:169-176

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Psalm 95:1-7

Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well. Ecclesiastes 11:6

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved--and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. Philippians 1:27-30

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:16-18

"For many are invited, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-40

Rolls Royce by Steve Brown
British automaker Rolls Royce takes great pride in the reliability of their handcrafted automobiles. An obviously wealthy owner of a Rolls took it to Europe on an extended trip. While traveling in France the car had some mechanical problem. He called the Rolls Royce factory and asked that they send out a mechanic straightaway to fix the problem. The company responded in royal fashion. They put a mechanic on a private jet with all of the necessary tools and flew him over to France to make the repairs. The owner was so wealthy that he wasn't at all concerned about the cost, and he would not spare any expense to assure that his beloved Rolls Royce was properly repaired.
However, after several months he realized he had not received a bill for the repair. He directed his secretary to contact the Rolls Royce factory to inquire about the charges. He received a prompt reply from the Rolls Royce company. With typical British aplomb, it said simply, "We have no recollection or record of any Rolls Royce having ever had a breakdown or being in need of repair anywhere in France."
When we repent and ask God to fix things that have resulted from sin in our lives, like Rolls Royce, he fixes it and doesn't have any recollection of the problem, and he NEVER sends a bill.

Lord, remind me today that you are my loving Father. I am safe and secure in Your arms.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 7
Solomon Dedicates the Temple
1 When Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. 2 And the priests could not enter the house of the Lord, because the glory of the Lord had filled the Lord’s house. 3 When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the Lord on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the Lord, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever.” 4 Then the king and all the people offered sacrifices before the Lord. 5 King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand bulls and one hundred and twenty thousand sheep. So the king and all the people dedicated the house of God. 6 And the priests attended to their services; the Levites also with instruments of the music of the Lord, which King David had made to praise the Lord, saying, “For His mercy endures forever,” whenever David offered praise by their ministry. The priests sounded trumpets opposite them, while all Israel stood. 7 Furthermore Solomon consecrated the middle of the court that was in front of the house of the Lord; for there he offered burnt offerings and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze altar which Solomon had made was not able to receive the burnt offerings, the grain offerings, and the fat. 8 At that time Solomon kept the feast seven days, and all Israel with him, a very great assembly from the entrance of Hamath to the Brook of Egypt. 9 And on the eighth day they held a sacred assembly, for they observed the dedication of the altar seven days, and the feast seven days. 10 On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the good that the Lord had done for David, for Solomon, and for His people Israel. 11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord and the king’s house; and Solomon successfully accomplished all that came into his heart to make in the house of the Lord and in his own house.
God’s Second Appearance to Solomon
12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. 16 For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually. 17 As for you, if you walk before Me as your father David walked, and do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you keep My statutes and My judgments, 18 then I will establish the throne of your kingdom, as I covenanted with David your father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man as ruler in Israel.’ 19 “But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, 20 then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples. 21 “And as for this house, which is exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and say, ‘Why has the Lord done thus to this land and this house?’ 22 Then they will answer, ‘Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, who brought them out of the land of Egypt, and embraced other gods, and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this calamity on them.’”

God, help us to seek you and to trust you during the difficult times of our lives. Remind us of your faithfulness as we pray, "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil."* Amen.
*Luke 11:2-4

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply