Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
india

Default "I willknow peace.... I stop finding excuses for what I am not doing" ~ Iyanla Vanzan

From the book "Until Today!" by Iyanla Vanzant

You can fool some people some time but you can never fool yourself. You can tell yourself almost anything to excuse your fear. The bad news is, you will actually believe it for awhile. The good news is, there will come a time when the excuse will not be strong enough or big enough to camouflage your fear. Eventually what you tell yourself will begin to sound so weak, so lame I, so utterly ridiculous that you will have a hard time convincing yourself or anyone else that it is true. When that time comes, don't be defensive. Be willing to face the things you fear.

As long as there is something you fear lurking in the back of your mind, you cannot, will not have peace of mind. When you defend yourself for taking or not taking a particular action, you are denying the foundation upon which peace is built. Truth! When, however, you wait or prepare to the point of avoiding what you say you really want to do, when you know you are afraid but refuse to admit it, there is no way you can have peace of mind. In fact, if you insist on defending the excuse, you may lose your mind.

Until today, you may have found yourself making excuses for not confronting the things you fear You may have had a great excuse for remaining in a relationship, work environment, or living arrangement that is not fulfilling. Just for today, lay down all your excuses. Ask yourself, "What am I afraid of that makes me stay here?" Make a list of the responses that come to your mind. Prayerfully offer the list to the Holy Spirit, asking it to show you the way out. Repeat the process as often as necessary until all excuses vanish.

Today I am devoted to eliminating all excuses that camouflage fear!

Last edited by india; 12-03-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: incorrect posting
india is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to india For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply