Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Humor

Share This Forum!  

Humor "We Are Not A Glum Lot." Share Articles, Humor, Inspirations, Jokes, News, Poems, Quotes, Writings, etc. Here. Keep It Clean Please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love it! When I saw the title, I thought probably me.

I have been so stressed over the computer and not being able to get on line, the other day, I called the cable TV server for my internet, only to embarrass myself to find that I had dialed the wrong number. I needed to dial Ma Bell.

Today I picked up the adapter, plugged it in and the lights didn't go on. So I called to tell them it didn't work. I was sure that I had not shut down my computer, but what I hadn't considered what that it had shut down while I was away and was in sleep mode, and I had to wake it up. With a little egg on my face and a little chagrin, I apologized for taking up her time.

Couldn't blame it on God, even though I invite Him into my day, I know when I do things like that, I am not grounded and tapped in. May have a short fuse, or a screw loose, because I had to do some finagling with some wires, but my God is loving, caring, forgiving, patient, and kind. So many times He has to save me from myself, and I and each day, I need to be grateful that He is there, and all I have to do is reach out and ask for help.

Sometimes it just takes a few deep breathes, to sit still and find the quiet. Instead of rushing in and just doing, instead of taking that time to get centered and going with the flow, I end up going half cocked or chasing my tail, or reacting instead of acting with purpose, following God's will for me.

It is a great gift to be able to laugh at myself. As I have said before, "I am sure my God often looks at me and shakes His Head and says, "Oh No, here We go again...!"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply