Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Trust

Quote:
TRUST YOURSELF

"I never know what the next lesson is going to be, because we’re not supposed to know; we’re supposed to trust ourselves to discover it."
-- Melody Beattie

How deeply do you trust your own guidance?

Always trust that you know what's best for you. To move forward in your life, gather information from the 'experts,' consider how their advice relates to your situation and then act only on what feels right for you. What does your whole being (mind, body and soul) say ‘Yes!’ to?

You are the only expert for your own life.

"I trust so much in the power of the heart and the soul; I know that the answer to what we need to do next is in our own hearts. All we have to do is listen, then take that one step further and trust what we hear. We will be taught what we need to learn."
-- Melody Beattie

"Ultimately, we must learn to trust ourselves. When we do this intimately and intelligently, the world opens full of meaning before us. We find that we ourselves are the doorway to a fathomless understanding of the source of life itself. We need only to learn to walk through it."
-- James Thornton
Find myself more trusting, if someone breaks that trust, I have trouble trusting them again, until show me that they have truly changed and not acting out in old behaviour and patterns. It took a few years in recovery to trust myself. I had to renew my faith and trust in my God.

It never ceases to amaze me how you can find such peace and yet find such power and glory in the same place.

We are asked to listen for the quiet. When we get to that place of nothingness, we are at the center of our being, and it where I find my trust and connection to my God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply