Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default It's For Me

I've been through a lot in my life most of which I never planned on and being in recovery is one thing I never did plan on. When I set out in my life I had no idea of all the liabilities I would be bringing with me, but I soon found out as I struggled at being able to live life by my way of doing things, that seemed so natural to me, but I now know are flawed at best. From me being in recovery I am able to see what I have that's not good for me, and am offered something else in its place to use from being in recovery, and I am helped from all of this. Recovery has always been there for me and has always helped me from me being in it. Recovery has given to me what I needed, that I didn't want in spite of me needing it. At first I thought I was being outsmarted by being in recovery and it doing this for me, and I didn't like to think that I was, so I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with recovery, but I had nowhere else to turn to that could do what recovery was doing for me, and I soon realized that I was just trying to think my way right out of recovery. I am thankful that I didn't succeed at doing this because today I still need recovery to do what I can't do for myself, and it still does.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply