Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - April

April 1

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. Galatians 6:14

Amos 3:3 (KJV) Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Thought: God wants you. Do you want Him?

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:12 (NLT) Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world.

Today’s Thought: We should live our life as holy as possible. People whom we encounter on a daily basis are hurting. They look at Christians for hope whether they admit it or not. Let’s strive to live our lives holy & acceptable to God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a holy & acceptable life for You! Help me shine for You this today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 2

Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Romans 12:11

2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day -- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing

Thought: Few will ever win an Olympic medal. Everyone can get a God medal. Make a commitment to follow Christ.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. Hebrews 2:1

Psalm 69:1 (NIV) Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck.

Thought: You are always within the Redeemer's reach!

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:2-3 (NLT) You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness.

Today’s Thought: In today’s world especially, it is not enough to just go to church on Sunday in order to live a holy life. We must crave God so much that we will do almost anything to know Him more! How much do you crave Him?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I long to know You more! I ask that You help me never get complacent in my relationship with You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 4

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! Psalm 43:5

Psalm 70:1 (NIV) Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.

Thought: God knows your needs. He's ready to provide relief.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:4-5 (NLT) Come to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God's temple. He was rejected by the people, but he is precious to God who chose him. And now God is building you, as living stones, into his spiritual temple. What's more, you are God's holy priests, who offer the spiritual sacrifices that please him because of Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: It is amazing to think that we are God’s holy priests! God sees each one of us totally different than we see ourselves. It’s time our views line up with His view!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for giving Your Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins. I ask that You help me see myself as You see me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17

Mark 1:35 (NIV) Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.

Thought: Before the day gets busy, pray.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 6

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 1 Peter 1:18-19

Matthew 24:44 (NIV) So you also must be ready, because the Son of man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.

Thought: What you decide to do with Jesus determines your eternal destination.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:9 (NLT) So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.

Today’s Thought: God always takes care of His children. Sometimes we doubt this instead of trusting Him. God’s timing is always right. We may not always feel like His timing is right, however, He’s always right on time. Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. Help me learn to trust You, always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 7

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

Psalm 70:5 (NIV) ...You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay.

Thought: God's help is on the way. Wait for Him.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 8

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. Isaiah 33:2

Psalm 56:8 (ERV) You know I am very upset.You know how much I have cried. Surely You have kept an account of all my tears.

Thought: God knows what you're going through. He's there for you.

Today’s Scripture: 1 John 5:6 (NLT) And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross -not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit also gives us the testimony that this is true.

Today’s Thought: We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ one day out of the year. When in fact, we should be celebrating this each day. In fact, let’s make it a point to share the Good News to someone everyday!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for dying for my sins. I ask that You put people in my life so I can be a witness to them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people. Psalm 52:9

Mark 6:31 (NLT) Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile."

Thought: Maybe you need to do the same. You can't keep running on empty.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Romans 12:11 (NIRV) Never let the fire in your heart go out. Keep it alive. Serve the Lord.

Thought: There's a purpose for your passion. Let God use your life to lift up others.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:10 (NLT) And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

Today’s Thought: We must guard what comes out of our mouth. We can either choose to build up or tear down. What will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue. I also ask that You put people in my life today that need an encouraging word. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 11

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:6

1 Peter 5:2 (NIV) Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care...

Thought: There are people in your life who look to your example. Stay on the straight and narrow path.

Today’s Scripture: Titus 1:2-3 (NLT): This truth gives them the confidence of eternal life, which God promised them before the world began-and he cannot lie. And now at the right time he has revealed this Good News, and we announce it to everyone. It is by the command of God our Savior that I have been trusted to do this work for him.

Today’s Thought: We are called to be the Light of this dark world. We need to share Christ with those that are lost and hurting. People may not admit it, but they are watching. How are you going to be a light today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me share the Good News to someone today. Let them be ready to receive You. Give me the word to say. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 12

And this is the way to have eternal life-to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3

Luke 9:51 (NIV) As the time approached for Him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

Thought: Despite the cost, He headed straight for the cross.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Daniel 9:9 (NIV) The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against Him.

Thought: "Even though." Those two words say so much about God's heart.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 27:1 (NLT): The Lord is my light and my salvation- so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger- so why should I tremble?

Today’s Thought: We have a hope that no one can steal from us – the fact that we know Jesus! When satan attacks us, all we need to do is remind him of his future! We are called to live a victorious life!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me. I ask that You always help me remember who I am in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Ecclesiastes 11:10 (NIRV) So drive worry out of your heart...

Thought: Faith extinguishes fear.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 18:1-2 (NLT): I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a big factor in our relationship with God. We must realize that no matter how hard life gets – God is in control! Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You with everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 15

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

1 Peter 5:7 (NLT) Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

Thought: Why hold onto anxiety when God is holding onto you?

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 15:1 (NLT): A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.

Today’s Thought: Our words can set the course of an entire day. We can either tear down or build up. Let’s choose to build up today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that all my conversations be pleasing to You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Post New ThreadReply