Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - November

November 1

The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8

Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Psalm 50:7 (NIV) Hear, O my people, and I will speak...

Thought: Prayer is about listening, too.

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours. O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore You as the One Who is over all things. - Psalm 145:18-19

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. Psalm 119:10

James 5:9 (NLT): Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look—the Judge is standing at the door!

Today’s Thought: Life is too short to grumble and complain. We need to build one another up instead of tear each other apart. Remember, our words have tremendous power.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue today. Let me build up everyone I come in contact with. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 4:2 — Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. —Hebrews 11:1

Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. — Psalm 40:4
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Psalm 78:11 (NIV) They forgot what He had done, the wonders He had shown them.

Thought: Where are you going to turn without God?

My eyes are always on the LORD, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. - Psalm 25:15

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Today’s Scripture: James 5:10-11 (NLT): For examples of patience in suffering, dear brothers and sisters, look at the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy.

Today’s Thought: Job had an extremely bad life. However, He never lost hope. He always trusted God regardless of how grim life looks. We should do the same.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me put my trust in You no matter the situation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'" —Luke 11:2-4

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. — 2 Corinthians 12:9

Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

1 John 4:16-21 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 3

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6

Proverbs 14:31 "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. - Psalm 95:1-2

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:58 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him." Nahum 1:7

Psalm 94:19 "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. Genesis 1:3

The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life. — Proverbs 16:17

Deuteronomy 28:1-6
Blessings for Obedience
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:
You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.
Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:19 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not." Romans 12:14 (KJV)

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19

Numbers 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Old 11-06-2016, 04:54 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 6

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12

Psalm 62:6 "He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken."

Today’s Scripture: James 5:17-18 (NLT): Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

Today’s Thought: God still answers prayer! He may not answer them how or when you want Him to though. Make a decision to live your life by this motto: P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to have the faith to PUSH! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. — Psalm 41:1

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

Psalm 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants— but let them not turn to folly.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:28 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 7

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. — 2 Peter 3:9

1 Peter 5:6-8 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:01 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. (Psalm 27:8)

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops. Proverbs 3:9

1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. May all who are godly rejoice in the Lord and praise his holy name! – Psalm 97:11-12

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:14 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 9

1 Timothy 2:1-2 [ Instructions on Worship ] I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Psalm 97:11-12 – Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39

Psalm 92:14 "They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green."

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. — Psalm 103:15-18

"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" Psalms 30:11

1 John 2:23
23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 10

Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. - Philippians 2:3-4

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

Proverbs 14:21 (NIV) He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

Thought: Lift up others' lives. It's what Jesus did.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:10 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 11

As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you. (2 Kings 2:2)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Psalm 3:3, ESV "…you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head."

You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls. - 1 Peter 1:8-9

Ephesians 3:16-19 — I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. — Deuteronomy 11:1

1 Chronicles 16:35 Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and glory in your praise.”

Galatians 3:26-29 - 26So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Luke 6:27-31; 35-36 - 27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.29If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.31Do to others as you would have them do to you. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Mark 12:31 - The Greatest Commandment
28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” 29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.

Ephesians 4:2-3 - 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

1 John 3:1; 16-18 1See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Romans 12:10 “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”

John 15:9-17 - 9“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.13Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.14You are my friends if you do what I command.15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.17This is my command: Love each other.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Yours, OLORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, OLORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. - 1 Chronicles 29:11

A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. —Proverbs 11:12

Colossians 1:13-14 - 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Post New ThreadReply