Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-23-2016, 06:02 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 23

But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 15:57

If you ask Me anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14

Psalm 107:1 "Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"

Psalm 99:5 (NIV) Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His footstool; He is holy.

Thought: Giving God your worship is a great way of showing Him your thanks.

Our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! - 1 Chronicles 29:13

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. – Psalm 16:5

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT): So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Today’s Thought: We are the body of Christ. Each of us has a specific function. One thing we all need to do is build each other up. You would be surprised how much a “thank you” would mean to someone.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You guide me and help me encourage someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. — Hebrews 13:8

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalms 100:4

Ephesians 1:15-16 15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2016, 05:43 AM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 24

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Cup your hands together and hold them out to God. Thank him for the good things with which he has filled your life. Ask him to fill your life with more of his presence and power.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Psalm 92:1 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High."

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. - Psalm 100:4
Old 11-25-2016, 04:59 AM   #34
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 25

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22

Turn down the volume: tune in to God. ‘Drop thy still dews of quietness, till all our strivings cease; take from our souls the strain and stress, and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of thy peace’ (John G Whittier, 1872).

Psalm 147:1 "Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting."

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." —Mark 11:25

Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” – Luke 12:15 (NIV)

Psalm 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #35
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 26

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:4-7

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

Psalm 103:1 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!"

I Thessalonians 5:15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.

Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Psalm 103:1

"Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works." 1 Chronicles 16:9
Old 11-27-2016, 04:51 AM   #36
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 27

You are not a random person, who just happens to be here at this time in space.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:15-16

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. James 4:10

Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT): Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: A thankful heart goes a long way. God wants us to be thankful all the time. How do we do that? By praying and studying His Word. Today let’s thank God for Who He is and what He has done for us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life. Help me to always be thankful in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." —Matthew 11:27-28

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:8-9

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:00 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 28

“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. – Jeremiah 31:33

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18

Matthew 5:16, NIV "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Psalm 98:4 (NIV) Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music.

Thought: Let others know how much you love the Lord.

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. - Colossians 2:7

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:19-22 (NLT): Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.

Today’s Thought: We must not quench the Holy Spirit in church and in our daily lives. The Holy Spirit wants to move in us and through us all the time but we must be willing. Are you a willing vessel today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that I do not quench You. I pray that You move through me today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." —Luke 11:28

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. — Philippians 2:14-16

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:46 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 29

The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps. – Psalm 85:12-13

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

Psalm 138:3 "As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength."

Psalm 98:2 (NIV) The Lord has made His salvation known and revealed His righteousness to the nations.

Thought: Before there were billboards, God sent His Word. It's still spreading!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:7

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NLT): Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.

Today’s Thought: We must strive to live a holy life no matter what. When we mess up, and we will, repent and try again. This is often a life-long process but it should be our goal.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me live a holy life. When I mess up I ask You to quicken my spirit and I would be fast to repent. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #39
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 30

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Isaiah 61:1 (NIV) He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.

Thought: There's a big reason Christ came: you!

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope-the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. – Titus 2:11-14
Post New ThreadReply