Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/15

It's like God is saying, 'I place before you a day. Create with it what you will out of your mind. It is my gift to you.' --Alan Cohen

Parachutes weren't proven trustworthy by having people carry them around on their backs. The device showed its reliability once someone jumped. God, too, can be trusted with our lives, which we discover once we take a leap of faith. --Mary Manin Morrissey

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy. God has thought of something better to give you.

We can rest secure in God's tender care.

God gives us gifts so we can give them away.

God awaits each of us with open arms of love.

We please God when we embrace the diversity found among God's children.

When we serve others, we honor God.

Though we are weak, God can make us strong.

God's word can soften the hardest of hearts.

He Knows Me by Charles Swindoll
"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely."
"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in hell, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:1-4, 7-10, 13-16, 23-24)
"Behind the scenes, before He ever flung the stars into space, God had today in mind. He had this very week in mind. In fact, He had you in mind. And He knew exactly what He was going to do. God is never at a loss to know what He's going to do in our situations. He knows perfectly well what is best for us."

A BETTER PERSON by Joseph J. Mazzella
As the days ticked down to my 47th birthday this year, I had to admit that I was a little melancholy. I was looking back over the years of my life and remembering every mistake that I had made, every wrong path that I had taken, and every chance for growth that I had turned my back on. It wasn’t a pretty sight.
When the day finally arrived, though, I was overwhelmed with the love I received from so many. Gifts, cards, and birthday greetings from friends filled both my mailbox and my computer. My wonderful children took me out for dinner and then surprised me with a homemade cake, a homemade card, and a homemade gift all wrapped with their love. By the end of the day my melancholy had fled and my happiness had returned. I felt truly blessed and I remembered that life is about the love you share not the mistakes you make.
I realized too that I wanted to spend the rest of my days here becoming the person that God meant for me to be. I wanted to watch more sunrises, share more smiles, and spread more love. I wanted to fill my life with acts of kindness and moments of joy. I wanted to give my children wise words, kind thoughts, huge hugs, gentle kisses, loving laughter, and endless happiness. I wanted to help others every chance I could and in every way I could. I wanted to know that when I finally step out of this body and cross the threshold to Heaven that I would be taking a lifetime of love with me.
You too can become a better person each and every day of your life. There is no greater adventure than to become the person God meant for you to be. There is nothing better than being a blessing to everyone around you. There is nothing more wonderful than to live all your days here in love, growing younger on the inside even as you grow older on the outside.

The Project by Lynne Phipps
Matthew 7:1-2 – Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (NIV)
A Dutch door was exactly what I had always envisioned between the kitchen portion and the back room of our home. I could use the bottom half of the door as a gate to keep the dogs out of the kitchen, but to keep the cats out I could shut the whole door. Yes, a Dutch door would be the ideal solution. So I decided that I should build one; this would be my project. After all, how hard could it be?
I measured, and talked with the right people at the hardware store, and made a list of everything I would need, and then, when I knew I would have some time to work on my project, I bought my supplies. I pulled out my saws and cordless drill, my level and tape measure from the storage area and thus, I began. My daughter joined in to help with the project as we figured four hands are always better than two.
I had downloaded an instruction sheet off the Internet, and we followed it step by step — at least we thought we did. But needless to say, we ran into a few problems here and there, which led to some frustration and puzzlement, and eventually to some yelling and kicking at a crooked frame that had been oh so carefully measured, and then some more yelling and stomping and unmentionable mumblings before things settled down. Finally, however, after much perseverance and some ingenuity, the bottom of the door was finished and proudly hung upon its hinges. And the top half of the door and a subsequent shutter for a windowless window beside the door turned out even better. We felt very proud of our accomplishments. We also learned something amidst this project, for as I was stomping and hollering and kicking, I uttered these words: "No wonder those construction workers we know swear so much!"
At the time, this utterance broke the tension of the moment, and we both had a good laugh. Later, however, it made us each consider Jesus' words not to judge others. So often, it is so easy to be judgemental of other people's words and behaviours, and yet, no one really knows what that person is going through, what struggles they have already overcome, or what burdens they may be bearing. Only Jesus knows the real truth of the matter, and only He is fit to judge each and every one of us.
Yes, when I set out to build my Dutch door project, I assumed that I would learn a few new tricks of the carpentry trade, but obviously, God had another lesson for me in mind as well. And I'm glad that He did.
Father God, thank You for the little reminder lessons that You bring into our lives amidst other projects that we are involved with. Help us this day to be compassionate and humble within our spirits that others might experience from us the same type of love and acceptance that we receive from You moment by moment, day by day, through Jesus Christ our Saviour and Lord, in Whose name, we pray. Amen.

The incredible value of what God’s given you by Senior Living Ministries
However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him. - 1 Corinthians 2:9
When the Western Union company asked the great inventor Thomas Edison to “name his price” for the ticker he had invented, Edison asked for a few days to think it over. His wife suggested he ask for $20,000, but Edison thought that was too much.
So when the time came for the meeting, the Western Union official asked Edison for his price. Edison wanted to say $20,000, but couldn’t get the words out of his mouth. So the official broke the silence. “Well, how about $100,000?”
It’s sometimes easy to undervalue things that haven’t come to full fruition yet. Edison hadn’t really seen the full potential of his world-changing invention, so he wasn’t aware of its incredible value. The same is often true of salvation. You see, no living person has seen what God has prepared for those who love Him, but its true value is beyond what anyone could imagine.
As a believer, what you have in Jesus Christ is the most valuable thing in the world. Yet there are still those who take it for granted, using it as license to live as they please. But a Christian who knows its value will live every day in thankfulness to the glory of God.
Live today in light of your salvation, giving thanks to God and doing everything to bring honor to Him!
Prayer Challenge: Thank God for His saving work in you and pray your life would bring glory to Him!
Questions for Thought:
What are some times in your life when you might have taken God’s salvation for granted?
What would it look like for you to live each day in thankfulness, bringing honor and glory to Him?

Facing The Trials Of Life With Joy by Mike Ruffin
“My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.” (James 1:2)
History tells us that Thomas Edison invented the microphone, the phonograph, the incandescent light, the storage battery, movies with sound, and more than 1,000 other things. The truth is the quality of our lives has been immeasurably improved by the genius of a man who overcame dyslexia and found that there was a great deal to learn from the failures and trials that life brought his way.
In 1914, the laboratory where many of Edison’s inventions were birthed caught on fire. Fire companies from eight surrounding towns responded, but inadequate water pressure and intense heat left firefighters with nothing more to do than watch two million dollars in assets that were insured for only $238,000 burn to the ground.
The inventor’s 24 year-old son, Charles, searched frantically for his father. He worried that his father might have been trapped in the structure. When he found him, he was calmly watching the fire, his face glowing in the reflection, his white hair blowing in the wind.
“My heart ached for him,” said Charles. “He was 67- no longer a young man – and everything was going up in flames. When he saw me, he shouted, ‘Charles, where’s your mother?’ When I told him I didn’t know, he said, ‘Find her. Bring her here. She will never see anything like this as long as she lives.’ “
The next morning, Edison looked at the ruins and said, “There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew.”
It is hard to face our trials with the spirit that was found in Thomas Edison, but that’s exactly what God expects us to do. You see God knows that real spiritual growth can only come from and through the trials that he allows to come our way. They are ultimately what form the basis for the joy that Christian maturity brings with it.
I ran across a poem recently that’s worth putting on our refrigerators and thinking about when trouble finds us. I don’t know who wrote it, but I sure know the One who inspired it:
It’s sometimes very difficult
For us to understand
The wisdom and the love behind
The things that God has planned.
But we wouldn’t have the rainbow
If we didn’t have the rain;
We wouldn’t know the pleasure
If we never tasted pain.
We wouldn’t love the sunrise
If we hadn’t felt the night;
And we wouldn’t know our weakness
If we hadn’t sensed God’s might.
We couldn’t have the springtime
Or the yellow daffodil
If we hadn’t experienced
The winter’s frosty chill.
And though the brilliant sunshine
Is something God has made.
He knew too much could parch our souls
So He created shade.
So God’s given us a balance:
Enough joys to keep us glad,
Enough tears to keep us humble,
Enough good to balance bad.
And if you’ll trust in Him you’ll see
Though yesterday brought sorrow,
The clouds will part and dawn will bring
A happier tomorrow.

Transformation by Parise Arakelian
On a cool, breezy September day, I ventured out with a friend to fly kites at Stinson Beach, which is on the northern coast of California, U.S.A., just north of San Francisco. While we began to fly our kites skyward, our eyes were drawn to the adjacent cypress trees. As it turned out, we had timed our visit with the arrival of the monarch butterflies. Flying high, the butterflies flutter gaily in the air where they land and cling to the cypress trees by the thousands for approximately seven months, where they are free from anxiety, sorrow, and care.
The North American monarch butterfly is the only insect known to make an annual, long-distance migration. The monarchs are famous for their southward migration, from the northern United States and southern Canada to Mexico and coastal California, and their northward return in spring, which occurs over the lifespan of three to four generations. With a wingspan of about 4 inches, they can fly as fast as 30 miles (48 kilometres) per hour.
An unexplained phenomenon is that the fourth generation flies all the way south and winters over in the same trees as their great-grandparents the year before! No one can explain how the fourth generation knows how to get back to where the first generation wintered, or why the first three generations die so quickly and the fourth flies south and lives all winter. It's God's creation at work!
It is easy to understand why so many traditions and cultures across the world embrace the butterfly as a symbol of extreme transformation and change from something earthly and material into something spiritual and free. Just as butterflies undergo complete transformation through different life stages from egg to caterpillar to butterfly, the Christian goes through different spiritual life stages:
* New Birth – Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." (John 3:3 NIV)
* Childhood – Desire God's pure word as newborn babies desire milk. Then you will grow in your salvation. (1 Peter 2:2 GWT)
* Adult – Solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil. (Hebrews 5:14 NASB)
Consider this: Just as a child needs bodily health in order to move from infancy to adulthood, a Christian needs spiritual health in order to move from an infant faith to a mature Christian character. Is there anything that we can do to spur ourselves on to greater maturity? Is there anything that we can do to help others in the body of Christ to become more mature? Yes!
We can cling to Christ for guidance and direction just as the monarchs cling to the cypress trees. Then, we can study the Scriptures as individuals and in groups "until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." (Ephesians 4:13 NIV)
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your transforming power. Thank You for the promise that we will attain maturity as we read and study Your Word. As we grow in the knowledge of Your Son, Jesus Christ, may we also assist others in their quest for spiritual maturity. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Watch out for negative thoughts and feelings, which could undermine not only your faith but righteousness. It is imperative that you strive to maintain purity of the soul in order to walk in the Spirit. This is a choice. When you choose to activate self-control, you will not regret your decision. Stay focused, and refuse to be distracted with the chaos around you, says the Lord. Trust Me to help you stay on course. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Beloved, I would have you bring light and truth to all aspects of your being and living. Generate life in every interaction and conversation. Spiritual darkness covers the earth and deep darkness the people, but you have seen the Light. By your faith you have pierced the darkness. Let your light shine, says the Lord. Isaiah 60:2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.

If you are in a conundrum and do not know what to do, seek Me for wisdom and direction. Trust that I will show you the way. As you reflect on times past when you got off track, you will be able to see more clearly the errors in thought and feelings that misled you, says the Lord. Be willing to change your methods of operation. Isaiah 48:17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go."

Be sensitive and discerning. I will show you errors in judgment by revealing presumption, and I will show you errors in logistics. Correction will be an easy thing as long as you stay in the Spirit and refuse to beat yourself up for not being perfect. Be humble and stay flexible, says the Lord. This is no time to take a defensive posture. Psalms 25:9 The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way.

Order is still a theme for this season, and I will bring everything into a divine perspective so that you can discern between those things that are flesh and have only temporary value as opposed to that which is eternal with lasting value. Whatever seems to be lost will very often be a stepping stone to fulfilling the greater value. Trust Me to lead you to a higher, more substantial place spiritually, says the Lord. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come, My children; this is your day. It’s the day in which you volunteered to be a part of the process of that which I am doing. So, cleanse yourself by My blood, and anoint yourself by the power of My spirit, says the Lord. Come forth in a fullness of faith so that you may receive the promises completely, absolutely, and make all of them yours to live in, to move in, and to gain a glorious victory. Receive today. Become strong in the Spirit and let your heart cry be that which David had--create in me a clean heart and make my spirit steadfast.

Tomorrow's A Brand New Day by Carrie Naturale
Sometimes it's hard to accept
the many disappointment in life we face
But we have to believe there's some reason
and hold onto the Lords Grace.
For what seems to be so unfair
and so difficult for us to understand
Is just a small piece of the puzzle
of our life that God has planned.
And as each door will close
they say a window will open its eyes
and life will bring about changes
and with each new day - a surprise!
So believe in all of Gods love
and know it surrounds you every day
with courage and strength you will make it thru
for tomorrow's a Brand New Day!

The Glorious Light by TheLadyPeach
One night while looking above
I saw a light shining in the sky
It twinkled gloriously of God's love.
So beautifully bright...by and by.
It was a cold, crisp, clear night.
I could see forever and ever.
The beauty of everything so bright.
It was a night I wouldn't forget...never.
There were millions of twinkling stars.
Each with a brilliance all its own...
Shining near by and away so far.
Letting me know I wasn't alone.
Then all of a sudden, one star stood out.
It came to me as if in a dream.
Capturing my attention without a doubt.
Bringing God's message, it seems.
In the center was a magnificent sight.
An Angel that was sight to behold.
Her omnipresence was a glorious light.
She was dressed in soft white and gold.
Saying "God has sent me here.
Because He loves you so.
He wants you to know He holds you dear.
He will never, ever let you go."
From that moment on I knew I was all right.
And I knew that alone I would never be.
Just hold close to that beautiful sight.
The Angel saying "God loves me".
Our God is so very just.
He loves us each and every one.
In Him we must place our trust.
For His work is one on one...

Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. Psalm 69:1

My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word. Psalm 119:81

My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. Isaiah 26:9

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16

Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:1-1

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

Follow The Leader by Joel Jongkind
I had to come up with a children's story one Sunday, and I had trouble finding a suitable subject. I agonized over it all week. I thought; I prayed; I checked some of the reference books I have; and still I could not come up with anything.
Then early one morning, I went outside to feed and care for my pigeons and chickens as I do every morning, and my children's story flew right over our house: about fifty Canada Geese flying in their typical V formation. When I saw them fly over, preparing to go south, I marvelled again at how they find their way. They go such long distances to areas well south of here. The children's hymn that Sunday was "He leadeth me", and I knew right there and then that I had my story for that Sunday: "Follow the leader".
In the autumn, we see a lot of birds congregating and getting ready to make the long trip. Sometimes, the going is easy, but there are also all kinds of dangers along the way. They have to go through storms and turbulence; they have to escape predators and avoid power lines.
I think geese are amazing birds. They mate for life, and both the goose and the gander will sit on the eggs until they hatch. Together, they will look after their young brood until they can fend for themselves. When they brood here, there are quite often a dozen or more young ones swimming in the bay, with one adult leading and the other bringing up the rear. When they are migrating, they almost always fly in a V formation. The leader position is rotated, since flying in front consumes the most energy. And thus they are led to their destination, through storms and danger. One time in Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada, a single goose left behind was unable to find its way. I've been told that for a goose to migrate, it must be taught the flight path by its parents.
And that is the way it is with us as well. We, too, go through storms in our lives; there are also dangers along the way; and we cannot go alone either. We have family and friends; we have fellow believers at the church; and above all, we have God and His Son Jesus to lead us along the way and to bring us to our destination.
The Bible tells us that in whatever situation we find ourselves, "Even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139:10 NKJV)
Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (NKJV)
In all the difficult situations in our life, when we go through those deep valleys …
Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur nor repine,
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.
He leadeth me – Joseph H. Gilmore
Our Father in heaven, there are so many times when we need Your guidance in our lives, and we pray that You will always be with us and lead us, every step of the way. We ask it in Jesus' name. Amen.

Lord I pray to You tonight
my heart behold
to ease its fright
and make me bold
I pray for the power
to face each hour
please give me courage
let me not be discouraged
may I be brave Father
to do only Your will
in each second that spills
to live only for You forever and ever
--Tammy B. 10/01/99

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 25
The Musicians
1 Moreover David and the captains of the army separated for the service some of the sons of Asaph, of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, stringed instruments, and cymbals. And the number of the skilled men performing their service was: 2 Of the sons of Asaph: Zaccur, Joseph, Nethaniah, and Asharelah; the sons of Asaph were under the direction of Asaph, who prophesied according to the order of the king. 3 Of Jeduthun, the sons of Jeduthun: Gedaliah, Zeri, Jeshaiah, Shimei, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the direction of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp to give thanks and to praise the Lord. 4 Of Heman, the sons of Heman: Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, Romamti-Ezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth. 5 All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer in the words of God, to exalt his horn. For God gave Heman fourteen sons and three daughters. 6 All these were under the direction of their father for the music in the house of the Lord, with cymbals, stringed instruments, and harps, for the service of the house of God. Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman were under the authority of the king. 7 So the number of them, with their brethren who were instructed in the songs of the Lord, all who were skillful, was two hundred and eighty-eight. 8 And they cast lots for their duty, the small as well as the great, the teacher with the student. 9 Now the first lot for Asaph came out for Joseph; the second for Gedaliah, him with his brethren and sons, twelve; 10 the third for Zaccur, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 11 the fourth for Jizri, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 12 the fifth for Nethaniah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 13 the sixth for Bukkiah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 14 the seventh for Jesharelah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 15 the eighth for Jeshaiah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 16 the ninth for Mattaniah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 17 the tenth for Shimei, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 18 the eleventh for Azarel, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 19 the twelfth for Hashabiah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 20 the thirteenth for Shubael, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 21 the fourteenth for Mattithiah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 22 the fifteenth for Jeremoth, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 23 the sixteenth for Hananiah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 24 the seventeenth for Joshbekashah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 25 the eighteenth for Hanani, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 26 the nineteenth for Mallothi, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 27 the twentieth for Eliathah, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 28 the twenty-first for Hothir, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 29 the twenty-second for Giddalti, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 30 the twenty-third for Mahazioth, his sons and his brethren, twelve; 31 the twenty-fourth for Romamti-Ezer, his sons and his brethren, twelve.

Dear God, fill us with the knowledge of how much you love and care for each one of us. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply