Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2023, 06:35 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - December 15

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

Each of us can use our talent to glorify God.

God uses our weakness to bring truth to life and life to truth.

God still answers prayers, every day.

The holidays may not be what we expect, but God will meet us in all that we face.

When God controls us on the inside, we will be genuine on the outside.

The measure of our anxiety is the measure of our distance from God.

We all have different gifts, abilities, experiences, and maturity, God doesn’t expect us all to be the same but He does expect us to persevere in using our assets for Him.

Thank God for the good times, thank God for the bad times, thank God during the in between times; in fact, thank God all the time.

Who Started This Christmas Stuff? Author Unknown
A woman was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable; and after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids.
She was feeling what so many feel during the holiday season time of the year - overwhelming pressure to go to every party, every housewarming, taste all the holiday food and treats, getting that perfect gift for every single person on our shopping list, making sure we don't forget anyone on our card list, and the pressure of making sure we respond to everyone who sent us a card.
Finally the elevator doors opened, and there was already a crowd in the car. She pushed her way into the car and dragged her two kids in with her and all the bags of stuff. When the doors closed, she couldn't take it anymore and she stated, "Whoever started this whole Christmas thing should be found, strung up and shot."
>From the back of the car, everyone heard a quiet, calm voice respond, "Don't worry, we already crucified Him."
For the rest of the trip down in the elevator, it was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. This year, don't forget to keep "the One who started this whole Christmas thing" in your every thought, deed and words. If we all did it, just think of how different this whole world would be.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"Tugging on the Line"
A twelve-year-old boy accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord during a weekend revival meeting. The next week his school friends questioned him about the experience.
"Did you hear God talk?" one asked.
"No," the boy said.
"Did you have a vision?" another asked.
"No, the boy replied.
"Well, how did you know it was God?" a third friend asked.
The boy thought for a moment and then said, "It's like when you catch a fish. You can't see the fish or hear the fish; you just feel him tugging your line. I felt God tugging on my heart."
So often we try to figure out life by what we can see, hear, or experience with our other senses. We make calculated estimates and judgments based on empirical evidence. There's a level of truth, however, that cannot be perceived by the senses or measured objectively. It's at that level where faith abounds. It is our faith that compels us to believe, even when we cannot explain to others why or how or to what specific earthly end.
By our faith we only know in Whom we trust, and that is sufficient. Remember, it's really not the outlook but the uplook that counts. Christian Voices

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO COMMIT? Author Unknown
The story is told of a man in a fancy restaurant who started to choke on a bone. A doctor rushed over, identified himself as a doctor, and reassured the man that he was going to be all right. He performed the Heimlich Maneuver and the bone popped out.
As the man's breath and voice returned he said, "I'm ever so grateful, doctor, how can I ever repay you?"
The doctor smiled and said, "I'll settle for one-tenth of what you were willing to pay while you were choking."
It's true, isn't it, that when you're facing a crisis (especially a life-threatening crisis), you would give everything you have to get through it. Money is no object!
We do the same thing on a spiritual level. How many times have you faced hardship and prayed, "Lord, if you'll just see me through this, I'll serve you faithfully the rest of my life!" or something similar? But what happens when the crisis passes? Those feelings of urgency about serving God pass as well. If we could commit ourselves to doing one-tenth of what we're willing to do in those moments, most of us would ascend to a new level of commitment.
Paul wrote, "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
Father, there are moments in my life when I am reminded of how much I need you and how urgent it is that I commit my life to you. All too often, though, those feelings disappear, and I quickly revert back to a less-than-satisfactory level of commitment. Please forgive me and strengthen me in my resolve to reach the point where I can say with the apostle Paul, "To me, to live is Christ." In Jesus' name, Amen.

I Love You Anyway Author Unknown
The fear of rejection may be one of the most basic fears of the human experience. Dr. Joe Harding tells a heart-warming story of a man who finally decided to ask his boss for a raise in salary. It was Friday. He told his wife that morning what he was about to do. All day the man felt nervous and apprehensive. Late in the afternoon he summoned the courage to approach his employer. To his delight, the boss agreed to a raise.
The man arrived home to a beautiful table set with their best china. Candles were lighted. His wife had prepared a festive meal. Immediately he figured that someone from the office had tipped her off! Finding his wife in the kitchen, he told her the good news. They embraced and kissed, then sat down to a wonderful meal. Next to his plate the man found a beautiful lettered note. It read: "Congratulations, darling! I knew you'd get the raise! These things will tell you how much I love you."
While on his way to the kitchen to get dessert he noticed that a second card had fallen from her pocket. Picking it off the floor, he read: "Don't worry about not getting the raise! You deserve it anyway! These things will tell you how much I love you."
Total acceptance! Total love. Her love for him was not contingent upon his success at work. In fact, just the opposite. If he were to fail there, if he were to be rejected by his boss, he'd be all the more accepted at home. She stood behind him no matter what; softening the blows, healing the wounds, believing in him, loving him. We can be rejected by almost anyone if we're loved by one.
That's the way families can be with each other. And I like to think that's the way God is with us, too! "We love Him because He first loved us."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

A Thorn in the Flesh by Barbara Alpert
“To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)
While searching for scripture to draw upon, my heart ached as I thought about my own ‘thorn in the flesh’. Like the apostle Paul, I pleaded with God to remove the tormenting ‘thorn’, a grief-stricken affliction to those suffering from it. I do not know why I received this infirmity, however, if the pain brought me to salvation, it worked. If God uses it as a refining tool, it’s working. If it keeps me close to Him, He continues to win! God’s grace is sufficient. When I am weak, the power of His Spirit strengthens me to carry on in the works He has ordained.
Do you have a ‘thorn’ in your flesh? Maybe you too have pleaded with God to remove the ‘thorn’ but He has not. Do not become discouraged. God has a purpose for permitting it. Instead, allow Christ to become the balm that soothes your aching ‘thorn’ and permit His Spirit to strengthen you. Have you ever considered that your ‘thorn’ is what actually keeps you running back to God?
Take a moment to visualize yourself as a lovely budding rose. Now, imagine God as the Master Gardener who orchestrates the ‘thorn’ in your stem. If you remain focused on the ‘thorn’, you miss the beauty of the rose He is seeking to produce within you. Choose to take your eye off the ‘thorn’ and focus more on the inward beauty of God’s character growing and maturing inside of you. Only God knows what will shape you into becoming a lovely, sweet-smelling Christ-follower. Perhaps the following will comfort you while bearing your ‘thorn’.
“The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying, “Hail, king of the Jews!” And they struck him in the face.” (John 19:2-3) Nothing could compare to the pain, suffering and agony Jesus endure before and during His crucifixion. No ‘thorn in our flesh’ could ever measure up to what He endured and accomplished on our behalf. For “He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5). Maybe God will remove your ‘thorn’ soon but while you wait, allow the peace of Christ to reign within you.
Heavenly Father, I realize that my momentary troubles will not last forever. If they produce in me that which pleases You, so let Your will be done. I thank You for your peace, which aids me through each day and the power of Your Holy Spirit that strengthens me in my weaknesses. Regardless of my ‘thorn’, help me be the sweet aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Questions: Have you been dealing with a ‘thorn’ in your flesh? Do you recognize God’s purposes and beauty manifesting in and through you because of it?

The True Spirit of Christmas Author Unknown
It was only five days before Christmas. The spirit of the season hadn't yet caught up with me, even though cars packed the parking lot of our Houston area Target Shopping Center. Inside the store, it was worse. Shopping carts and last minute shoppers jammed the aisles. Why did I come today? I wondered. My feet ached almost as much as my head.
My list contained names of several people who claimed they wanted nothing, but I knew their feelings would be hurt if I didn't buy them something. Buying for someone who had everything and deploring the high cost of items, I considered gift buying anything but fun. Hurriedly, I filled my shopping cart with last minute items and proceeded to the long checkout lines.
I picked the shortest but it looked as if it would mean at least a 20 minute wait. In front of me were two small children a boy of about 10 and a younger girl about 5. The boy wore a ragged coat. Enormously large, tattered tennis shoes jutted far out in front of his much too short jeans. He clutched several crumpled dollar bills in his grimy hands. The girl's clothing resembled her brother's. Her head was a matted mass of curly hair. Reminders of an evening meal showed on her small face. She carried a beautiful pair of shiny, gold house slippers.
As the Christmas music sounded in the store's stereo system, the girl hummed along off key but happily. When we finally approached the checkout register, the girl carefully placed the shoes on the counter. She treated them as though they were a treasure. The clerk rang up he bill. "That will be $6.09" the clerk said, as the boy laid his crumpled dollars atop the stand while he searched his pockets finally coming up with $3.12.
"I guess we will have to put them back, " he bravely said. "We'll come back some other time, maybe tomorrow."
With that statement, a soft sob broke from the little girl. "But Jesus would have loved these shoes," she cried.
"Well, we'll go home and work some more. Don't cry. We'll come back," he said. Quickly I handed $3.00 to the cashier. These children had waited in line for a long time. And, after all, it was Christmas.
Suddenly a pair of arms came around me and a small voice said, "Thank you, Sir." "What did you mean when you said Jesus would like the shoes?" I asked.
The small boy answered, "Our mommy is sick and going to heaven. Dad said she might go before Christmas to be with Jesus."
The girl spoke, "My Sunday school teacher said the streets in heaven are shiny gold, just like these shoes. Won't mommy be beautiful walking on those streets to match these shoes?" My eyes flooded as I looked into her tear streaked face. "Yes," I answered, "I am sure she will."
Silently, I thanked God for using these children to remind me of the true spirit of giving. Christmas is not about the amount of money paid, nor the amount of gifts purchased, nor trying to impress friends and relatives. Christmas is about the love in your heart to share with those as Jesus Christ has shared with each of us. Christmas is about the Birth of Jesus whom God sent to show the world how much he really loves us.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I kept hearing in my spirit, "Steady as she goes." It is a navigational phrase that means the same thing as "stay the course". Don't change anything; keep doing what you've been doing. And, I heard the Lord say: In your recent course corrections refuse to get discouraged when you don't see immediate advantage. You are on the right track. Just keep moving and obeying My voice and My leading. You will see that divine purpose is being accomplished. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Take advantage of these days of discovery, for I tell you truly that you are in a time when you can discover more about My kingdom and the truth of My word as well as about yourself. I will take off the blinders and open your eyes so that you can see more clearly and make decisions based on a broader view of life and circumstances. Use this time to expand rather than retreat; to go forward rather than pull back. Do not be afraid to explore unfamiliar territory, says the Lord. Micah 7:8 Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me.

Stay focused spiritually and refuse to allow the herd instinct of this season to push you into carnal tendencies. Expectations based on presumption or fantasy will only produce disappointment. Keep your emotions under the rule of the Spirit, says the Lord, and you will be able to resist temptations that will take you down the path of regret. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

My beloved children, if you could see the extent of destruction that is set in motion when you speak against one another, you would learn to hold your tongue. However, this is not a matter of words but of the condition of your heart and your willingness to say things about someone else that you would not want spoken about yourself, says the Lord. You will be held accountable for every word that you speak, so be careful what you say. Matthew 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The time of the eagle has come. I am raising up true prophets who will have eagle vision, and they will see and speak of that which I show them. No longer will My Church want for true prophetic voices. No longer will they listen to false words. My people will now become supernatural and will not be deceived by the voices of compromise. You are My eagles. Rise up now and take flight and soar above the calamity of this world, says the Lord. Psalm 103:2-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's

You've Got Me by Nancy Burr
You've got me forever,
Forever it's true.
You've got me forever,
I'll always love You.
I love singing praises,
To You on high.
I'll sing from the mountains,
Way up to the sky.
I'll sing of your goodness,
Your mercy and grace.
I'll tell the whole world,
You're preparing a place.
Someday in heaven,
I'll be by Your side.
I know You'll be waiting,
With arms open wide.
I long for that day Lord,
When you I shall meet.
To live with You Jesus,
Will be O so sweet.
On earth and in heaven,
I'm faithfully Yours.
I'll adore You forever,
Forever I'm Yours.
You've got me forever,
Forever it's true.
You've got me forever,
I'll always love You.

Set Free by Nancy Burr
I cannot thank the Lord enough,
For what He did for me.
He gave His life so willingly,
So I could be set free.
His Spirit lives within my soul,
To help me through each day.
He longs for me to trust in Him,
And follow His own way.
He knows that I could never live,
Without His guiding hand.
So lovingly He leads my way,
On sea and on dry land.
Some days my faith in God is firm,
On other days I fall.
But Jesus knows just what I need,
My Lord He loves me O so much,
That on the cross He died.
So I could live forevermore,
Forever by His side.

Paul wrote, “I can do all things through [Christ] who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Those who go out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy. Psalm 126:6

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 2 Corinthians 9:10-11

Quieted With His Love by Tom Norvell
As I worked my way through some devotional readings, I came across this passage: "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
I thought of my life. I thought of what the passage says about God and how He feels about me. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in me. He will quiet me with his love. He will rejoice over me. I confess that although I do not know if I fully understand what it means to be quieted by His love, I do know that there is something inside me that says, "I need that, Lord!" As I pondered more, I prayed, "Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, I get loud sometimes. Not so much verbally loud, but my spirit gets loud. My heart gets loud. My mind gets loud. The world around me gets loud and the loudness overwhelms me to the point that everything within me and around me seems to be loud. So, Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In these times of unrest and confusion in our nation and world, I need to be quieted by your love, dear Lord. Decisions are being made that may well change the way we live and function as a people. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
As the years pass more rapidly than my mind can comprehend, I need to be quieted with Your love.
I cannot keep up. I try, but I seem to fall farther and farther behind. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of discouragement when I have failed to live like You have asked me to live, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times of disappointment over dreams that have faded and when other people have failed to live up to my expectations, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of loss and my heart has been broken, I need to be quieted by your love. In times of sadness when a joyful spirit seems too much to consider, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of suffering and pain as the result of another's actions or my own, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when others are suffering because of my actions and I am helpless to undo what I have done, I need to be quieted by Your love. And they need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
In times of distress and anxiety over all that I must do, or feel that I must do, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when life is so loud that I cannot hear my own thoughts, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
Unless You quiet me with Your love, dear Lord, my life will surely be filled with noises that may drown Your voice from my ears. Lord, I need to be quieted by Your love.
When I remind myself that You are with me, when I contemplate Your power, when I consider that You take great delight in me and when I think of You rejoicing over me with singing because of Your love for me, I am quieted. My heart is quieted. My spirit rests. "Lord, You have quieted me with Your love."
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

Dear Lord, in good times and in bad, we praise you for all that you are doing in our lives. Help us to find joy in every situation. Let us experience your presence whenever we are gathered together. Help us to reach out to those for whom we pray. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Daniel 1
1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it. 2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god. 3 And the king spake unto Ashpenaz the master of his eunuchs, that he should bring certain of the children of Israel, and of the king's seed, and of the princes; 4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans. 5 And the king appointed them a daily provision of the king's meat, and of the wine which he drank: so nourishing them three years, that at the end thereof they might stand before the king. 6 Now among these were of the children of Judah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: 7 Unto whom the prince of the eunuchs gave names: for he gave unto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah, of Abednego. 8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs. 10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king. 11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink. 13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. 14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. 15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat. 16 Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse. 17 As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. 18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. 19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king. 20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm. 21 And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.

Holy God, we wait in great expectation to experience all you offer us through your Son, Christ Jesus. Strengthen our faith daily by the knowledge that in our weakness your power is perfected. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply