Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 7/4

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy. God has thought of something better to give you.

I have a capacity in my soul for taking in God entirely. I am as sure as I live that nothing is so near to me as God. God is nearer to me than I am to myself; my existence depends on the nearness and the presence of God. --Meister Eckhart

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. --Mother Teresa

God does not stand afar off as I struggle to speak. He cares enough to listen with more than casual attention. He "translates" my scrubby words and hears what is truly inside. He hears my sighs and uncertain gropings as fine prose. --Timothy Jones

"If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you. Someone needs to know that God is watching over them. Whatever they're going through, they'll be a better person in the end. Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once."

God can work great changes in us if we allow it and if we allow ourselves to imagine the possibilities. That truth gives me hope as I continue to change. --Jeff Johnston

TAKE NO THOUGHT by Tom Norvell
Once upon a time there was a man. Most, if not all, the people in the community considered him a good man. He was well liked, respected, and many, if not all, considered it an honor to know him. He was a good businessman. You could mention his name in the business world and most, if not all, would recognize his name and acknowledge what a good businessman he was. He was fair, honest, and compassionate.
This man was very involved in his spiritual community as well. In fact, he was a leader. When “Brother…” was mentioned heads nodded in agreement that he was indeed a good and righteous man. He taught classes, he would regularly take part in the public assemblies, and anytime a brother needed advice or assistance on a project this good man was ready to help. He offered wise and sensible counsel and was capable of helping on almost every project that came along.
This was a good family man. He loved his wife and they had three very handsome and fine sons who married very three very pretty and fine young ladies. They all had children who of course were very fine and beautiful children. As you would expect this man was a wonderful grandfather and his daughters-in-law loved him as if he were their own father.
From all outward appearances this man was a really good man, he was respected in the community, admired by his fellow church members, and loved by his family. He was a very good man.
What no one knew, other than this man and God, is that he had a problem. Not a bad problem. In fact, some if not all, would not consider a problem at all. Although the problem was real it is often excused because after all, “We are only human. It’s just being responsible and a good steward.” You see this man was a worrier.
He worried about everything. He worried about his business. He worried about his church. He worried about his family. He worried about how the ups and downs of economy would affect his business, his family, and his church. He worried about how worrying about his business might affect his family and his church. He worried about how worrying might affect his health. He worried about what would happen to his business, his church and his family if he stopped worrying about them. After all, he was the only one who really cared about his business, his church, and his family. He reasoned that if did not worry about his business, his church, and his family, then who would worry about it. He fully believed that worrying about his business, his church, and his family was his responsibility. That is who he was. That is how he functioned.
When others were not around and when no one could see him, he worried. He worried as he drove to work. He worried when he was alone in his office. He worried when he drove to lunch meetings. He worried when he laid down in his bed. He worried when he woke up in wee hours of the night. He worried when he got up in the morning. He even worried when he closed his eyes to pray. He worried a lot.
Then, he read the words of Jesus. The words of Jesus began to make sense. He heard the preacher say it, but he had to read it for himself. After hearing the sermon he read the words for himself in several different versions.
First, he read Jesus’ words from the New International Version. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?” (Matthew 6:25, NIV 1984)
Next he read it in Eugene Peterson’s The Message, "If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds. (Matthew 6:25-26 MSG)
But it was in the King James Version where a phrase caught his eye: “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” (Matthew 6:25 KJV) “Take no thought.”
“Wow!” he thought to himself. “Jesus is talking about me. He is telling me to stop worrying.” “Jesus is telling me that if I am going to follow him, like I want to, I can ‘take no thought’ about tomorrow, or my food, or my clothes, or about what may or may not happen with my business tomorrow (or next year), or what may happen with my church (over the next five years), or what will happen to my family tomorrow (or next week).”
Jesus’ words convicted this man. The words of Jesus changed this man’s thinking, and more importantly they changed his heart. He confessed his life-long habit of worrying. He began to turn things over to God…really turn them over to God. He began to trust God with his business, he began to trust God with his church, and he began to trust God with his family. For the first time in a very long time he enjoyed his drive to and from work, he enjoyed his time alone, he enjoyed sleeping at night, and he enjoyed living one day at a time. He learned to take no thought in tomorrow. He could breathe again.

Alligators In The Grass by Gene Markland
Someone asked a friend of mine, who has a chronic illness, when God was going to heal him. He replied, “I know that God is going to heal me, but when is up to Him.
I also have found myself in difficult circumstances in the past. In the midst of it I prayed, “Lord, I know that you are leading me, but this path is narrow, rocky, and it’s difficult to keep from stumbling. It’s hard. Nearby is a beautiful meadow of green grass. Why can’t we walk through there?
The Lord replied, “Son, I am purposely leading you around that beautiful meadow. There are alligators in that grass!”
My difficult circumstances were actually the safest path around the real danger. Though I didn’t understand at the time, I later realized that God’s purpose was beyond my understanding. Through hindsight, now I see.

Wait . . . Do I have to? by Coleen Schaberg
If there is one thing a ministry wife has—or is learning—is the principle of waiting. I mean, who is usually the last one to leave the church on Sunday morning? Who is the one waiting in the car for hubby while he has a “brief” meeting with a board member?
But—God? Do we have to wait on God, too?
Sometimes our desperate prayer needs seem to be met with a “Just wait, darling.” We are so tempted to give up, give in, or quit altogether!
In Genesis 3:8, we read, “When the cool evening breezes were blowing (emphasis mine), the man and his wife hear the Lord God walking about in the garden” (NLT). Then in Genesis 18:1, we read, “ . . . One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day (emphasis mine).” God can and will reveal himself at any time.
Again, in Genesis, during the story of Joseph we read, “Pharaoh sent for Joseph at once (emphasis mine), and he was quickly brought from the prison. After he shaved and changed his clothes, he went in and stood before Pharaoh” (Genesis 41:14).
God can change your circumstances around in a moment! He can take you from prison, to the shower, to the King—at any time of the day. We can trust He hears us, sees our circumstances, and is working—even now!

CHOICES Author Unknown
Many think that life is just a set of circumstances: You can't help what happens, just try to adapt and hope for better luck next time -- which explains the greatest excuse of all time: I'm just a victim of circumstance.
The Bible teaches something different. Your life is not the result of random circumstance, it's the result of the choices you make. Moses and Joshua both highlighted this simple truth.
"I have set before you life and death, blessing and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..." (Deuteronomy 30:19)
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15)
Life is a series of choices. Success depends on making the same right choices again and again, day after day -- at the dinner table, in conversations with families and friends, with your paycheck, in what you read or don't read, at the office, when you're online. These choices determine who you are and what your life becomes.
Every minute of every day we have the privilege of choice, to make life more rewarding or more disappointing. What choices are you willing to make?

"Change your thoughts and you change your world." --Norman Vincent Peale
All of our lives are made up of changes. Life for us can be like the seasons of the year. The uncomfortable blizzards of winter will pass. Spring brings flowers. Chattering birds fill the air with song where once there was wind, snow, and ice.
We know summer will follow spring. We learn to take the bad with the good. Hardships can make us stronger. Suffering cannot last forever. The key is to see life with optimism. We know that the changing
of the seasons is like the changes in our lives.
It isn't what happens that makes a difference. It's how you handle what happens. Lord, give me the wisdom necessary to make the best of every situation.
You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of. --Jim Rohn
All things change, and we with them. --American Proverb
Embrace change. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. --Odette Pollar
"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mohandas Ghandi
Change is difficult, but God is helping us to become more loving and forgiving.

Excluded From the Conversation by Tom
As I sat in exam room waiting for the doctor I could hear lively conversation and laughter on the other side of the door. A nurses station was only a few feet from the door of the exam room. I could hear them talking, but I could not understand anything they were saying. I could hear them laughing but I had no idea what they were laughing about. For a moment I imagined they were looking at my chart. Whatever the topic of their conversation, and whatever or whoever was the subject of their laughter, I was excluded. I was not privy to what they were talking and laughing about.
For a brief moment I was curious. At another time in my life it might have hurt my feelings. When the doctor came in I forgot about the group outside. After giving me a good health report and directing me to the check-out desk doctor commented on what a good time the group at the nurses station was having. I left without knowing what they were talking about and not giving it much thought (except for the purpose of this article).
For me to be excluded from the conversation at the nurses station (and many other conversations) is not a big deal, however there is one time when I not want to be excluded or to exclude others: When God’s people are gathered.
There are there times when I wonder if our language, churchy language, may exclude our guests? When we talk about things we have known and experienced all our lives we may be excluding someone who has recently joined us. Our guests may feel like they are in one room listening to a muffled conversation in another room. We talk about sermons, songs, communion, and spirituality assuming everyone knows what we mean. They may not. We may assume they understand our insider comments, when to do what and how and why. They may not.
We talk about projects and special programs and upcoming events as if everyone knows the when, the where, and the why. They do not. They may wonder what it takes to become part of the “in” group.
We talk about salvation, redemption, restoration and revival in ways that may sound condescending to those who are searching for salvation, redemption, restoration and revival.
There is the possibility that our guests will leave our assemblies unconcerned about missing the message, feeling perfectly fine without knowing the inside jokes, and unaffected by missing the meaning. There is also the possibility that they won’t. Do we want to take that chance? Should we be making it so difficult?
What disturbs me even more than the fact that sometimes we exclude people by using our “part of the club” language, is that too often we do it with a sense of pride in our exclusivity.
Maybe we would do well to take the approach of some of the earliest Christians as described in Acts 15:19, “So here is my decision: We’re not going to unnecessarily burden non-Jewish people who turn to the Master (The Message).
Let’s remove the walls, open the doors, tear down the barriers, and clean-up our language and stop our activity that would cause anyone to feel excluded, left-out, or out of the loop. Let’s make it easier for people to turn to the Master.

Storms and Rainbows by Any Braunberger
It’s timeless—a tale told often—and yet, when it becomes real again, it’s amazing how this tale of storms and rainbows connects in a fresh way.
Last week, we were flying home from vacation, desperately trying to beat the incoming storm. Despite the ugly, heavy clouds, we thought we might make it. On our final descent, the plane caught some wind shear, giving us quite the ride! That scare dispelled our eagerness to get home, and we were all very relieved when the pilot immediately pulled out of the descent and circled instead.
Three hours later, on the drive home from the airport, I opened Facebook to find numerous posts from my friends who had posted pictures of the storm. They weren’t showing the angry clouds or talking about the winds, but rather, they were posting beautiful pictures of the rainbow—it was a gorgeous double rainbow! How did I not see that from the sky? Did I fly right through one of those rainbows and not see it?
Perspective is everything, isn’t it? Sometimes, we’re so caught in the middle of the “dark” that we can’t see the “beauty.” The storms can be oppressive and crippling. We wonder if our child will survive this storm, or if our church will rebound from that attack—or if we will ever have a true friend. We feel as though life is being sucked out of us—sometimes a gradual suffocation, or sometimes a blow that strikes without warning.
But with the storm comes incredible beauty! In fact, even though I never saw the rainbow on my drive home, I did see one of the most beautiful skies I’ve ever seen! The sky—actually, the whole atmosphere!—appeared to be layers of orange. And then, ever so gradually, the blue began to peek through the dense orange clouds. That was probably the most beautiful—when the blue…the life…began to emerge from the beauty of the dark.
Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain (Philippians 2:15-16, NIV).
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Examine the places in your life where you have become overextended. I speak to you about things that are beyond your control or ability to deal with effectively. Pull back where you can to avoid the stress that comes with taking on too much. You would do well to stay within your safe boundaries where you can achieve the effects that you desire and stay spiritually focused, says the Lord. Jeremiah 42:10 ‘If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up. For I relent concerning the disaster that I have brought upon you."

Pay attention, for I will show you where you have strayed from the path that I have prepared for you. You will have to make some adjustments in order to re-establish your spiritual and righteous course. There are things that interrupt the divine flow in your life and cause you to deviate from My purposes. You will know these things by their fruit. Let go of everything that steals your peace, says the Lord. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

You are at a point of spiritual discovery. If you will allow it, I will reveal greater depth and meaning in the truth of My Word. However, you will need to yield to the moving of My Spirit and not stubbornly hang on to the traditions of men and the works of the flesh. Open your heart and mind to receive revelation, says the Lord. I am bringing you higher. Acts 26:16 ‘But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

Beloved, I don't want you to argue back and forth over things you disagree with. You do not have to prove yourself to be correct or right. Instead, hold your beliefs close to your heart and examine them with My Word as the standard. It is not up to you to convince others to be like you or to align their concepts with yours, says the Lord. Be free and let others enjoy the same freedom of choice. Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

Examine those things that have not worked for you, and make the necessary adjustments. Make sure that all of the elements in your life are working together for your ultimate good. Refuse to allow things that waste your energy and resources to be a distraction from your spiritual commitment, says the Lord. Live in the Spirit! Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Lift yourself up beyond the mundane, the carnal. Lift yourself up from the worry that is scattered over the whole earth. Lift yourself up into My presence, for I shall reveal things about who you are. We shall work together to bring you to the place that I have in mind for you and so that you can become an overcomer. Surely I am for you. Be who you have been called to be. Lift your head, square your shoulders and walk with Me. Today begin a new journey--start over. Release yourself from the past bondage and move into the light of this day with great expectation of that which I am about to do, and you will not be disappointed, says the Lord.

"Thank You, O Lord"
Thank You, O Lord
For Your tender mercies You have graced me
For Your gentle kindness You have shown me
For Your unconditional love You have embraced me
O Lord, as I bow on bended knee
My heart so full of gratitude
I make only one request from You
That You reveal to me Your will for me
That is my one desire, Lord
That I may live each day for You
To give praise and thanks to You
For the many blessings and gifts you have graced me with
Only asking that You reveal to me
How I may use these blessings and gifts to be of service to You
Thank You, O Lord
For loving me
For never giving up on me
For my life that You have given me today
For the hope and promise of eternal life
Thank You, O Lord
I love You
Written By: Tammy B 6/28/02

Early Morning Thanks
Thank You Lord for everything
Thank you for the joy you bring
As I awaken to early morning light
And when my head lays down at night
You make living life a joy
I'm like a child with a toy
I write these words with peace to bring
Hope I have all will sing
As I look back along life's way
Sorrow and death have fallen away
Joy and peace have flooded in
I'm glad to know you as my friend
Should there be a mountain that I must climb
Lead the way I'll follow behind
Eyes wide open following you
Because I know my Lord, You'll see me through.
Daniel Day - July 2001

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:3-10

Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalm 86:1-7

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels. Revelation 3:5

But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising loving kindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth. Jeremiah 9:24

Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls. Proverbs 25:28

When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:4

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 1 Corinthians 13:1

THERE'S A STORM BREWING by Tom Norvell
As I write there are storms in the forecast. Not an uncommon occurrence in our part of the world during this season. The weather forecasters have been mentioning the possibility of a severe storm system coming through for several days. West of us storms are already occurring.
There is a story in Mark chapter 5 involving Jesus, His disciples, and a storm. It is in verse 35-41. 35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” 39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Jesus’ disciples were afraid when the storm came. They woke Him and accused Him of not caring about their welfare. With three words, Jesus calmed the storm: “Quiet! Be still!” Then, He asked them why they were so afraid.
How do you react to storms? Not weather-related storms, but life-related storms? Do you live in fear of the storm that may happen? Are you prepared for the storms that are certain to come? What about the storms seem to come from out-of-nowhere?
This brief episode from the life of Jesus and His disciples offers are few insights into how we can prepare and survive the storms of life if or when they come.
First, remember you are not alone. The disciples had each other, of course, but more importantly they were in the same boat with Jesus. He is the one who said, “Let go over to the other side.” He knew the storm was coming. He was prepared for it. He was not afraid of it. When your storm hits, remember He is with you. He knew long before you were born that this particular storm would hit at this particular time. He also knew He would get you through the storm. He did not look at the fearful disciples, tell them they were losers and step out of the boat, saying, “Good luck guys! You are on your own!” He could have. He did not. He will not.
Second, remember other storms that you have survived. Has He ever abandoned you? Has He ever left you on the angry mist? Has He ever turned away from you in disgust and left you to deal with life as best as you could? You may have felt that He had, but He has not. He will not.
Third, remember He can be trusted. He created the world. He set the wind in motion. He knows how much water is in the ocean. He knows where you are in the storm. He understands your fears. He wants you to have faith, but He knows there are times when your faith gets weak. He knows there are times when you feel like your boat is about to sink and you are all your friends are about to drown. He can be trusted even in the worst of storms.
There is a storm brewing. Or, maybe it is already raging. Or, maybe you have recently survived a storm and beaten and bruised and battered. Thank Him for taking care of you, for not leaving you, and for assuring you that He will be with you through all the storms of life.
Storms come and go. He remains forever.

God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of Life. May I do Thy will always! --Alcoholics Anonymous p. 63

Read Through The Bible
Hezekiah Purifies the Temple
1 Hezekiah was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother’s name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 2 He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father David had done. 3 In the first month of the first year of his reign, he opened the doors of the temple of the Lord and repaired them. 4 He brought in the priests and the Levites, assembled them in the square on the east side 5 and said: “Listen to me, Levites! Consecrate yourselves now and consecrate the temple of the Lord, the God of your ancestors. Remove all defilement from the sanctuary. 6 Our parents were unfaithful; they did evil in the eyes of the Lord our God and forsook him. They turned their faces away from the Lord’s dwelling place and turned their backs on him. 7 They also shut the doors of the portico and put out the lamps. They did not burn incense or present any burnt offerings at the sanctuary to the God of Israel. 8 Therefore, the anger of the Lord has fallen on Judah and Jerusalem; he has made them an object of dread and horror and scorn, as you can see with your own eyes. 9 This is why our fathers have fallen by the sword and why our sons and daughters and our wives are in captivity. 10 Now I intend to make a covenant with the Lord, the God of Israel, so that his fierce anger will turn away from us. 11 My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.” 12 Then these Levites set to work: from the Kohathites, Mahath son of Amasai and Joel son of Azariah; from the Merarites, Kish son of Abdi and Azariah son of Jehallelel; from the Gershonites, Joah son of Zimmah and Eden son of Joah; 13 from the descendants of Elizaphan, Shimri and Jeiel; from the descendants of Asaph, Zechariah and Mattaniah; 14 from the descendants of Heman, Jehiel and Shimei; from the descendants of Jeduthun, Shemaiah and Uzziel. 15 When they had assembled their fellow Levites and consecrated themselves, they went in to purify the temple of the Lord, as the king had ordered, following the word of the Lord. 16 The priests went into the sanctuary of the Lord to purify it. They brought out to the courtyard of the Lord’s temple everything unclean that they found in the temple of the Lord. The Levites took it and carried it out to the Kidron Valley. 17 They began the consecration on the first day of the first month, and by the eighth day of the month they reached the portico of the Lord. For eight more days they consecrated the temple of the Lord itself, finishing on the sixteenth day of the first month. 18 Then they went in to King Hezekiah and reported: “We have purified the entire temple of the Lord, the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the table for setting out the consecrated bread, with all its articles. 19 We have prepared and consecrated all the articles that King Ahaz removed in his unfaithfulness while he was king. They are now in front of the Lord’s altar.” 20 Early the next morning King Hezekiah gathered the city officials together and went up to the temple of the Lord. 21 They brought seven bulls, seven rams, seven male lambs and seven male goats as a sin offering for the kingdom, for the sanctuary and for Judah. The king commanded the priests, the descendants of Aaron, to offer these on the altar of the Lord. 22 So they slaughtered the bulls, and the priests took the blood and splashed it against the altar; next they slaughtered the rams and splashed their blood against the altar; then they slaughtered the lambs and splashed their blood against the altar. 23 The goats for the sin offering were brought before the king and the assembly, and they laid their hands on them. 24 The priests then slaughtered the goats and presented their blood on the altar for a sin offering to atone for all Israel, because the king had ordered the burnt offering and the sin offering for all Israel. 25 He stationed the Levites in the temple of the Lord with cymbals, harps and lyres in the way prescribed by David and Gad the king’s seer and Nathan the prophet; this was commanded by the Lord through his prophets. 26 So the Levites stood ready with David’s instruments, and the priests with their trumpets. 27 Hezekiah gave the order to sacrifice the burnt offering on the altar. As the offering began, singing to the Lord began also, accompanied by trumpets and the instruments of David king of Israel. 28 The whole assembly bowed in worship, while the musicians played and the trumpets sounded. All this continued until the sacrifice of the burnt offering was completed. 29 When the offerings were finished, the king and everyone present with him knelt down and worshiped. 30 King Hezekiah and his officials ordered the Levites to praise the Lord with the words of David and of Asaph the seer. So they sang praises with gladness and bowed down and worshiped. 31 Then Hezekiah said, “You have now dedicated yourselves to the Lord. Come and bring sacrifices and thank offerings to the temple of the Lord.” So the assembly brought sacrifices and thank offerings, and all whose hearts were willing brought burnt offerings. 32 The number of burnt offerings the assembly brought was seventy bulls, a hundred rams and two hundred male lambs—all of them for burnt offerings to the Lord. 33 The animals consecrated as sacrifices amounted to six hundred bulls and three thousand sheep and goats. 34 The priests, however, were too few to skin all the burnt offerings; so their relatives the Levites helped them until the task was finished and until other priests had been consecrated, for the Levites had been more conscientious in consecrating themselves than the priests had been. 35 There were burnt offerings in abundance, together with the fat of the fellowship offerings and the drink offerings that accompanied the burnt offerings. So the service of the temple of the Lord was reestablished. 36 Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced at what God had brought about for his people, because it was done so quickly.

Dear God, grant us courage to look beyond ourselves to those who need us. We trust you to bring us new life as we take up our cross. Thank you, God, for people who guide us and for all the resources that help us make decisions. May we always seek to do your will. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply