Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default H.O.W.

H.O.W.

In honesty, WE recover, The strength to face our fears,
In open-mindedness, WE recover, Our thoughts become clear,
In willingness, WE recover, All of our lost tears,
WE learn, WE laugh, WE live, WE love,

In accepting, WE recover, Those lost parts of ourselves,
In surrender, WE recover, Today as a reality,
In our sadness, WE recover, Those children who love unconditionally,
WE hug, WE smile, WE speak, WE are miracles,

In reflection, WE recover, The innocence we had forsaken,
In attending, WE recover, The courage that was shaken,
In prayer, WE recover, Ourselves as we awaken, To the now, and the H.O.W.
WE feel.

December 10, 1995 Rod A.
AKA: Exhead Poetry In The Key Of Pain

We can do what I can't do alone.

How It Works by Dr. Silkworth:

http://silkworth.net/bb/howitworks.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

This is from 2016, it just may be a repeat. The message doesn't grow old though.

Over the years, I have heard so many people say, "The program never worked for me." I found that the program works, if I work for it. It works, because I am still working it.

The program isn't a quick fix, it is a process, a healing process that allows me to live in today alcohol and drug free, no matter what the substance is I try to substitute to make it all go away.

If I am not drinking in my spiritual need, not drinking spirits to meet my needs, it doesn't work.

If I am picking up a drug to escape reality, hide and bury my feelings and shutting of my feelings, then there is no sobriety (soundness of mind), and the program doesn't work unless it is spiritual things instead of people, places, and things, that I choose to put before my God.

I had to make an amend to my God for my thoughts and actions that kept me from Him. My choice, not His. Every time I pick up, be it food, work, cigarettes, alcohol, or street and prescription drugs, I leave God behind and allow my disease to rule my life.

How it works. Honesty myself, with my God and others. Opening my mind to other concepts and ideas other than my own. Willingness to go to any length to stay clean and sober in today.

Something I always remember is that "Ahhhhhhhhh!" feeling when I picked something up and it hit bottom." The thing I had to remember, was that I search for that feeling all of my life. When I reach it, I could stay in that moment, I had to have more. It kept taking more and more to reach that place, and then I found I couldn't reach it any more.

It was the spiritual aspects of the programs in AA, NA, and Al-Anon that worked for me. I could stop, and stay stopped.

I must remember that my disease is four-fold and I needd to apply my program to all aspects of my disease.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

H is for H.O.W. It means how the program works, "Honesty, Open Mindedness, and Willingness. I also think that the spiritual principles for Step One is Honest, Surrender, and Acceptance.

Unless I can get honest with me, open my mind to other ideas and concepts other than my own (my best thinking got me to the doors of recovery), and willing to go to any length, not to have that first drink in today and willing to do what ever it takes to maintain my sobriety.

One alcoholic/addict talking and sharing with each other is how the program works for me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

H.O.W. it is done, but while your doing it, don't take yourself so seriously according to Tradition 4. A once heard a lady say she had to learn and apply the Traditions in order to live long enough to work the Steps.

There is no race to be run and we have to find what works for us. We listen to others and take it under perusal and by trial and error and with the guidance of OUR Higher Power.

You are given a second chance at life. How you live it is up to you. You are given freedom of choice. Why not enjoy the journey. Sobriety is a journey and an experience with no destination, other than to stay clean and sober one day at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply