Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Walk With Me In Today

Quote:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

"An open ear is the only believable sign of an open heart."
-- David Augsburger

We can easily get into trouble in relationships when we assume that we know what someone else is thinking or feeling. Parents, in particular, can be quick to judge what's going on in their children.

Rather than assuming we know someone else's experience, we could shift our perceptions into questions. Instead of saying, 'I know you're hurting,' we could ask, 'Are you feeling hurt?' This allows us to connect with the other with no risk of misunderstandings.

"It's always wise to raise questions about the most obvious and simple assumptions."
-- C. West Churchman

"To assume is to be deceived."
-- Yiddish proverb

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

VALUING ALL WORK

"We honor life when we work. The type of work is not important: the fact of work is. All work feeds the soul if it is honest and done to the best of our abilities and if it brings joy to others."
-- Matthew Fox

What value do we unconsciously (or consciously) place on different kinds of work? How do we rank the status of different jobs? How much more do we value the big- paying jobs over others?

Just as we need to honour ourselves for doing what needs to be done, we can equally honour all others who look after life through their efforts, no matter what they may be. We can release judgment that assigns more importance to some occupations than others.

"Now in order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it: they must not do too much of it: and they must have a sense of success in it -- not a doubtful sense, such as needs some testimony of others for its confirmation, but a sure sense, or rather knowledge, that so much work has been done well, and fruitfully done, whatever the world may say or think about it."
-- John Ruskin

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

COMPASSION

"What I want in my life is compassion, a flow between myself and others based on a mutual giving from the heart."
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg

"The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another."
-- Thomas Merton

"When we experience the pain of another person, we instinctively want to take away that pain. But by taking away the other person's pain, we also take away his or her opportunity to grow. To be truly compassionate, we must be able to share another person's suffering and pain -- knowing there is nothing we can do to relieve it and that we are not responsible for it, and yet knowing and understanding what that pain feels like."
-- John Gray

Compassion is a quality of soul.

Is your spiritual development important to you?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

THEN AND NOW

"Time is not a line, but a series of now points."
-- Taisen Deshimaru

We understand time as a continuum. Our memories link the moments of the past and our imaginations draw on the patterns of our memories to project the future.

If we leave the movies of the mind behind, time can only be experienced now -- moment by precious moment. Open in awareness to what is happening right now. Appreciate all that is. Immerse yourself in the joy and wonder of every now and life will be a gift.

"The responsibility for both present and future is in our own hands. If we live right today, then tomorrow has to be right."
-- Eknath Easwaran

*** Imagine - free, quality time in a balanced, orderly and peaceful week! Free yourself from chaos and procrastination!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

LABELS LIMIT US

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
-- Lao Tzu

How do you label yourself? How do you label others?

Be aware that any label is limiting. Labels stick us in a box where there's no room to move. Today, experience how it feels to let go of the labels to rest in 'I am.' Feel the freedom, the spaciousness, the infinite potential of simply being.

"As long as I am this or that, I am not all things."
-- Meister Eckhart

"Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you."
-- Og Mandino

Meditation is a powerful tool for experiencing 'I am.'

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate. Learn to meditate with new exercises weekly.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

WHAT'S ON YOUR HOT LIST?

"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want."
-- Ben Stein

A Hot List is basically a to-do list with one key difference: it only includes topics or tasks that really matter to you, those that genuinely affect your quality of life. You know -- the ones you never get around to! The ones that will make your life your own!

Keep a prioritized Hot List handy to remind you to claim 5 to 15 minutes to focus on and write about what counts in your life. Even 5 minutes is better than nothing. Start small and the momentum will build.

"You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage -- pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically -- to say 'no' to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger 'yes' burning inside."
-- Stephen Covey

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper...

From Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
The Inner Journey is brought to you by John & Patrice Robson of HigherAwareness.com. We invite you to take the awareness and consciousness journey to know & grow yourself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

WHERE DOES YOUR MONEY GO?

"The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went."
-- Source Unknown

To master money management, you must have the facts of how money moves through your life. We’re talking details here, for the specifics can be revealing.

If you're struggling with your finances, keep an accurate record of your spending for at least one month. Monitor every coin. This will tell you exactly how much you spend in a month, and on what.

Once the hard data is in front of you, you will likely know what can be changed. Also be aware that just recording your expenses will greatly increase your daily awareness and intention around money.

"More than ever before, Americans are suffering from back problems: back taxes, back rent, back auto payments."
-- Robert Orben

*** Tackle your financial challenges holistically! Learn the basic steps to managing money, explore your beliefs around wealth, and open to the spiritual laws of abundance.

Many times in my life I have been short, or feared running out, but my God supplies, often from the most unlikely sources.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Discover the treasures inside

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."
-- Denis Waitley

Peace, joy, health and well-being can only be found inside us. They exist within us now, as our essential nature, waiting for us to call on them.

No matter what our income, body shape, education or situation in life, each of us holds the power to take the inner journey to find our treasures within. This is what makes the inner journey so exciting!

"When we cannot find contentment in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere."
-- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Due to my tremon disorder, I managed to delete the reading for Higher Awareness for the 8th of August. I looked on my sites and found other posts, but not the one for that day.

Went to Higher Awareness for a copy.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

OVERWHELMED?

"Life does not happen to us, it happens from us."
-- Mike Wickett

Are you easily overwhelmed? If so, answer this question in your journal:

While growing up, what did you experience too much of?

Experiencing too much of something leads to feelings of overwhelm. When we're young, overwhelm can lead us to believe that we are not capable or that we are not good enough. These are power issues.

Awareness of when we are feeling overwhelmed can help us go inside, claim our power and change our experience of any situation.

"When we know that the cause of something is in ourselves, and that we (ourselves) are one of the few things in the universe that we have the right and ability to change, we begin to get a sense of the choices we really do have, an inkling of the power we have, a feeling of being in charge... of our lives, of our future, of our dreams."
-- John-Roger and Peter McWilliams

"Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail."
-- John Donne

Become aware of your subconscious limitations, your character strengths, weaknesses and potentials, your life challenges, gifts, talents, and your deepest desires and aspirations.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

PROCRASTINATION

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."
-- Don Marquis

Most of us struggle with procrastination -- the 'I'll do it later' syndrome. If this is one of your key time wasters, take time to become more aware of your behaviour.

Identify what you are procrastinating.
Identify why you have not done these things. Seek out your deepest reason.
Is there a fear underlying your reason? There is for most people.
We typically procrastinate because of unclear goals, lack of information and/or skills, fear of moving into new territory, fear of failure or success, feeling overwhelmed, lack of time due to over-commitments, poor timing, and general disorganization.

"Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started."
-- David Allen

And, just for fun: "The best labor saving device is doing it tomorrow."
-- Source Unknown

*** Imagine - free, quality time in a balanced, orderly and peaceful week! Free yourself from chaos and procrastination!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

PERCEPTION DEFINES OUR REALITY

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend."
-- Henri Bergson

Our entire universe is energy -- vibrating waves of pure potential. The electromagnetic vibrations of our consciousness interact with the energetic potential that exists everywhere as the life force to 'collapse' the waves and create matter. So the patterns of our minds create the form of our world.

By simply observing a form, we influence it. We in turn are influenced by others. This challenges us to be more aware of the quality of our being and the vibrations we transmit.

"There is no reality in the absence of observation."
-- The Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Befriend yourself

"Self-contempt never inspires lasting change."
-- Jane R. Hirschmann & Carol ACH. Munter

The journey to know ourselves ideally brings us to self-understanding and acceptance. It is NOT a quest for self-improvement.

When we open to love and accept ourselves, no matter what, our innate love, power and wisdom emerge naturally.

"Who you really are is enough."
-- Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

PROBLEMS OR SOLUTIONS?

"If you expect the best, you will be the best. Learn to use one of the most powerful laws in this world; change your mental habits to belief instead of disbelief. Learn to expect, not to doubt. In so doing, you bring everything into the realm of possibility."
-- Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

Stop and be aware! Have you been thinking about what you want or what you don't want?

It's so easy to lock our minds onto problems rather than opening to receive solutions. But what we think is what we get. This is so important! If we continually focus on problems and negatives, that's where we’ll stay.

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."
-- Helen Keller

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Capture your inspiration!

"Ideas can come from anywhere and at any time. The problem with making mental notes is that the ink fades very rapidly."
-- Rolf Smith

Insights and inspiration come to us for a reason. Don’t let them disappear on you!

When a great idea pops into your mind, write it down and capture it. Keep a mini-journal or piece of paper with you at all times.

Reflect on your insights. How might you anchor this great idea so it enhances your life?

"Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It’s the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference."
-- Nolan Bushnell

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Why are you here?

"You can come to understand your purpose in life by slowing down and feeling your heart's desires."
-- Marcia Wieder

What do you love to do? What gives you greatest meaning in your life? Let your answers trickle through and keep a record of the key words that come up.

Life becomes so much richer when we choose to live from our heart.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
-- Steve Jobs

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply