Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2017, 05:17 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

December 17

Steps
Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened,
and what we are like now. If you have decided you want what we have and are
willing to go to any length to get it—then you are ready to take certain steps.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 58

Thought to Ponder
Sobriety without action is fantasy.

AA-related 'Alconym'
S T E P S = Solutions Through Each Powerful Step.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Freedom
"Through AA, we can experience freedom from self.
After all, it was self ( you, me ) that stood in our own way,
that ran the show and ran ourselves into bankruptcy,
that hurt the ones we loved.
All Twelve Steps of AA are designed to kill the old self
( deflate the old ego )
and build a new, free self."
1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 459

Thought to Consider . . .
Within our wonderful new world,
we have found freedom from our fatal obsession.

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Honesty
>From "Inner Voice":
"Long before nagging and pressures from others concerning my excessive use of alcohol made any impression on me, the nagging voice of conscience my own inner voice of truth and right apprised me of the irrevocable fact that I had lost control of alcohol, that I was powerless. I know now that the inner voice was God, as I understand Him, speaking. For, as I had been taught from earliest memory and as A.A. has emphasized, God or good emanates from within each of us. "Lakewood, Ohio, USA"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 83

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Not picking up a drink creates infinite possibilities for me ... When I wake up in the morning I pray for what I need to get through the day sober. I also smile and say to myself, Who knows? This could be the greatest day of my life!"
New York, N.Y., January 2006
"Attitude Adjustment"
Beginner's Book: Getting and Staying Sober

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"...we aren't a glum lot. If newcomers could see no joy or fun
in our existence, they wouldn't want it. We absolutely insist on
enjoying life."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 132

"Thus was I convinced that God is concerned with us humans when we want
Him enough. At long last I saw, I felt, I believed. Scales of pride and
prejudice fell from my eyes. A new world came into view."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 12~

We shouldn't be shy on this matter of prayer.
-Alcoholics Anonymous p.85

The actual experience of meditation and prayer across the centuries is, of course, immense.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p.98

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Men who cry for money and shelter as a condition of their sobriety are on the wrong track. Yet we sometimes do provide a new prospect with these very things - when it becomes clear that he is willing to place his recovery first.
It is not whether we shall give that is the question, but when and how to give. Whenever we put our work on a material plane, the alcoholic commences to rely upon alms rather than upon a Higher Power and the A.A. group. He continues to insist that he cannot master alcohol until his material needs are cared for.
Nonsense! Some of us have taken very hard knocks to learn this truth: that, job or no job, wife or no wife, we simply do not stop drinking so long as we place material dependence upon other people ahead of dependence on God.

Prayer for the Day: In Fellowship - Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is unselfish—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—I will think about such things. The things I have learned and received and heard and seen in our Fellowship and Program, I will practice, and the God of my understanding will be with me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply