Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-03-2016, 02:13 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words that begin with the letter "F"

F is for forgiveness. This is a beautiful link. For me, it is an every day process.

www.inspiringthots.net/movie/forgiveness.php
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forgiveness-quotes-gandi.jpg (22.8 KB, 1 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
dwmoeller

F is for Find

Find Serenity:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen - Reinhold Niebuhr

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Old 08-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for First. First things first is my sobriety. Without it, I have nothing. My first priority is living in the moment, letting go of my past, not projecting into the future, but getting the fullest of each experience in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 08-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Smiling, I thought I was in control. It was a shock to learn that "If you have to control it, it is already out of control." I was in my denial about my alcoholism, even after being in the program. I knew I was an addict, no problem with that. My drug of choice was more, so at first, I just included alcohol with all my other obsessions. I had to get honest and address my alcoholism. I learned that my dad and my ex-husband were drunks, I was the alcoholic. I had the thinking to go with the drinking. It was about 2 years sober, when I had a dream and saw myself as others saw me when I was drinking. Not a very nice picture and someone who qualified to walk through the doors of AA.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Frog. F.R.O.G means fully reliant on God. Frog means cleanse your body, mind and spirit so you can be complete and whole.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Fellowship. The people in the program loved me back to good health. This is a 'we' program and I need the fellowship of others in order to recovery. I found myself reflected in the faces and the stories of the people in the rooms.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:08 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Freedom. Freedom from the disease of addiction and alcoholism, one day at a time. I needed a spiritual defense against that first drug, what ever form it took. Alcohol is a drug. Food is a drug. Work can be a drug too.

Due to my disease, I lost myself. I was very fragmented when I came into recovery. Through working the Steps, I became whole and I was able to obtain the freedom to be myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Forget. Don't forget where you came from. Don't forget to pray. Don't forget others, get out of self by help them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Forget. The Promises say, "We will not regret the past for wish to shut the door on it." That doesn't mean we forget, it just means we let it go and don't let it rule our today. We can go back and look at our past and learn from it, so we don't make the same mistakes in today. We can't forget where we came from. I know I don't want to go back there, but there are times I have to go back if it makes itself known in today. So many things in today are rooted in my past and I have to allow myself to heal and while it is good to detach, sometimes we have to look at all that is associated with the pain. Anger and fear are big ones.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for First Things First. First I must remember that my sobriety is a priority. A slip means Sobriety Loses It's Priority. If I forget that, then I am setting myself up for relapse. I don't have the other things in my life, if I don't have my sobriety. I need to put my sobriety before my friends and family, before fun and frolic, if it jeopardizes my recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

F is for Fling. Fling out all that belongs to the past an no longer serves you in today. It isn't just letting go of the people you used with, but the things in your home that associate with your drinking days, like those cocktail glasses and beer shirts. Fling out anything tat may trigger you to pick up that next drink or drug.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply