Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Ask yourself?

Which Step are you working on in today? Which fellowship do you belong to? Are you like me and qualify for just about any room I walk into?

Which group do you feel comfortable in? Don`t ask what the group can do for you, but ask yourself what you can do for the group.

Do you have a sponsor? Do you call your sponsor? Do you have a support group, not just your church and religious teaching, but someone who under stands your disease and you as a whole. I am not my disease, but I do need to look at my past in order to let go and heal.

Where are you in today? Are you heading in the right direction? Just because something has worked this long, doesn`t mean it is not subject to change.

Just because you have a feeling, doesn`t mean you have to act out and slip into old behaviours and behaviours. The program works when we work for it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
deeek

Very thought provoking questions and ones I need to answer myself. I qualify for 3 fellowships and am seriously considering going to OA. Lately my addiction has manifested itself in Food. I won't eat all day but the moment I put something in my mouth I am binging for 30 min. From a healthy meal to cookies, ice cream , popcorn. It's bad. I am quite over weight. Seems I just switched addictions. I am not bullimic.

I have listened in on a few OA meetings over the phone and honestly I am completely overwhelmed by their strict food plan. I can't even imagine cutting out sugar. But then again I thought that about alcohol too at one time and now I never think about it anymore. I guess like alcoholism and addiction to drugs it will only happen when I am truly ready and in enough pain. I am pretty close to that bottom, just feeling deprived if the truth be known.

I am going to go feed on the word. There's a verse in Matthew 4:1-11 when Satan is tempting Jesus in the Desert .

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.” But he answered, “It is written,

“‘Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
deeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deeek For Sharing:
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you, have an eating disorder and have never been to an OA meeting. I post the readings `Thought for Today`daily and I can identify with the readings. All substance lead to the same soul sickness if we allow it to rule our lives. I have had to pray about my computer addiction, addicted to building web sites (25) and posting on others, had to pray about buying Nevada tickets, and found it was generally the thinking that needed adjusting, it was me and my attitude. I can`t, my God can.

This is how I felt every time I looked into the mirror. My son says I am not fat, but for the most time, when I look, all I see was fat.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
deeek

I have tried the OA phone meetings. If you are interested in the number let me know, though I am sure you could find it yourself. I just googled OA phone meetings. It's inspiring.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks, I just use the AA program, it is applicable to all areas of my life. A drug is a drug, no matter what form it takes. AA was first and it has worked for many years. Many say it doesn't work, but it has worked for me. I have been willing to give up all areas of my life, it wasn't just alcohol for me. It was the thinking that I had to change, and through the 12 Steps I was able to heal.

Instead of the word alcohol, I replace it with food or the addiction of the moment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Ask yourself, am I doing my will or my God's Will in today. Where am I in my recovery? Am I where I am suppose to be?

Found this on the internet.

http://www.kratosguide.com/25-questi...-ask-yourself/

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #7
RickyWard

Ask yourself, when I get clean and free from alcohol

Here we go again.. hello substance abuse recovery
RickyWard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RickyWard For Sharing:
Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
deeek

hit 3 meetings in a row, may attempt a 90 in 90 again.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
RickyWard

goodluck!

Here we go again.. hello substance abuse recovery
RickyWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Ask yourself, am I F.I.N.E. (frustrated, insecure, neurotic, and enjoying it), or am I faithful, involved in service, need to connect to my Higher Self daily, and each day is a new beginning, and I will work the program, because if I work for it, it will work for me.

A dumb a$$ who isn't willing to stay clean and sober for one day. It makes me sad, my son has been to treatment and chooses to continue using.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply