Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Received the following from an AA group which they used for a Group Inventory:

Quote:
Tradition Seven: Every A.A. group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.

1.Honestly now, do I do all I can to help AA (my group, my central office, my GSO) remain self-supporting? Could I put a little more into the basket on behalf of the new guy who can't afford it yet? How generous was I when tanked in a barroom?
2. Should the Grapevine sell advertising space to book publishers and drug companies, so it could make a big profit and become a bigger magazine, in full color, at a cheaper price per copy?
3. If GSO runs short of funds some year, wouldn't it be okay to let the government subsidize AA groups in hospitals and prisons?
4. It is more important to get a big AA collection from a few people, or a smaller collection in which more members participate.
5. Is a group treasurer's report unimportant AA business? How does the treasurer feel about it?
6. How important in my recovery is the feeling of self-respect, rather than the feeling of being always under obligation for charity received?

From AA Grapevine
Many times I need to look at my own finances, and I need to look at what kind of spending I have been doing that got me to where I am at. Do I need to cut corners? Have I been robbing Peter to pay Paul? Have I been short changing myself? Have I been allowing myself a little treat on pay day? Have I been frugal? Have I been a spend thrift? All questions we can ask ourselves. Have we shared with others? Have we been miserly? Has our motto been, "Charity begins at home!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply