Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Never Abandoned

NEVER ABANDONED

I will thank you LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High…The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, have never abandoned anyone who searches for you…For the needy will not be forgotten forever; the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed. Psalm 9:1-2, 9-10, 18

Praise and prayer are two powerful weapons of warfare in this spiritual battle we fight daily! It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing — when the enemy begins attacking our mind — we can begin to praise the Lord! I believe David was up against one of Saul's attacks when he wrote this Psalm because everything he is claiming is in the future tense. He realizes that he may not have a whole lot of reasons to thank the Lord or a lot of marvelous things to tell about in the present, but he believes that in the future — he will!

Saul chased David everywhere trying to destroy him because he knew the spirit of the Lord had been removed from his life. Yet, no matter where David ran, the Lord was with him and protected him from Saul's attacks. We can be assured that our enemies will come after us too, but just as the Lord protected David — he will protect us.

The Lord is truly guiding my thoughts toward His and sometimes it is painful. I am currently reading in the book of Habakkuk and I love it. Habakkuk heard from the Lord that his people would be sent into exile. This man of God was intimate enough to ask the Lord hard questions. He wanted justice for those who really did worship God in spirit and truth. He also pleaded for the Lord's mercy for those who were faithful to attend Temple services but did so with wrong motives.

God was tired of priests who promised peace when there was no peace in the land. He promised Habakkuk that one day all would be right again in Jerusalem. His promise to Habakkuk is a promise to you as well, whatever your situation is. Get this, "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (Habakkuk 2:3)

Our God does not get in a hurry about anything He does. He is with you whatever your circumstances may be today. Maybe one of your loved ones is sick, maybe your job is changing, maybe you have lost your job, maybe your child is out in left field somewhere and you feel your situation is hopeless — have no fear — God is near and He is in control. He knows where you are and He is with you. He holds you in the palm of His hand and He will answer your prayer in His time. Until then, He will direct your steps by shining the light of His love just far enough ahead to keep you from stumbling. He wants your complete trust. Keep your eyes on Jesus and believe the promise that — all is well — hope is just ahead!
--Woes to Wows
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply