Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Have you ever had a night when you just couldn’t sleep?

Sisters in Christ Worldwide

Have you ever had a night when you just couldn’t sleep? Then, about the time you need to arise, your body says “let’s sleep”. If only we could control that sleep mechanism.

I often wonder if our Father ever “just wants to rest”.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls] (Matthew 11:28).

I believe many of us underestimate the value and necessity of rest. In this “super mom” world where many work full time, maintain homes full of children, create gourmet meals, construct crafts that mirror the pros, and are involved in sports, scouts, gymnastics, dance and and and…..it is impossible to rest. Not only do these busy moms run this marathon…they find time to post on social media, thus making many others feel inadequate and feeling like a failure as they raise their children. To these women (the ones who are feeling a little bad) I say…God is proud of you, and what you can do. Our era seems to view everything as a competition, and the winners are the heroes. What of the women who work to maintain that home on a strict budget, deal with additional needs children, do not have the resources to be involved in high tech or high energy activities, or care for elders, spouses or friends? You are not failures because you cannot lead the gymnastics team to the state finals, or build a 10 room house with Lego’s. God gave each of us a map to follow. Many have many twists and turns, full of mountains and valleys. Some seem to have clear sailing on a super highway, but does that mean they succeed where others cannot? In my mind, there are no winners or losers…only players who give all they can, but also know that they need to “rest”.

As we enter the Holiday season, more and more businesses are advertising that they will be open on Thanksgiving, or never closing from Wednesday to Friday. I am NOT a shopper, so this whole concept annoys me. Not so much that these businesses are open, but rather that they are expecting their employees to work rather than be with their families. I know from experience, that there are those who choose to work, and that’s fine. But what of the mom or dad that will miss Thanksgiving day with family and friends. This is a time to give thanks and enjoy what you have been bestowed. We all possess the option of not going … it’s a choice.

Many years ago, all businesses were closed on Sundays, closed at a twilight hour, and opened after the chores at home were done. Due to our fast paced society, all that has been changed. God worked so hard for 6 days, and then on the 7th…He rested. It’s ok to rest. It’s necessary to rest, and it’s acceptable to rest. Let the Lord relieve and refresh you in your busy life. Whether it’s emotional, physical or spiritual…God wants you to rest and start again when you are refilled. “..and He shall give you rest”

Submitted by Claudia Little

website banner_thought of the day

Hearing, listening, agreeing and obeying God and making Him your priority are the ways to life of good success ~Melena Mendoza

Good Morning Lord, Hopefully after a night of rest, we come to you with hands outstretched. Aching for that hug, that feeling of a safe and secure life. Remind us through the breezes of the day, that it’s ok to rest. Even our Father rested, and we live in His image. Be with those who struggle with little rest. Wrap your arms around our families, friends and neighbors. Allow them to feel your love in each and every minute of the day. Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply