Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #16
yukonm
Administrator

November 16

Today's Thought:

I'm convinced that the only thing of true value I ever got from my father was the privilege of watching him drink himself to death. It was a gruesome sight, a horrific death. For me, it was definitely an object lesson. If I didn't know what the end looked like - up close and personal - I doubt I would have been motivated to quit drinking when I did.

Submitted By:

Larry

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #17
yukonm
Administrator

November 17

Today's Thought:

Sometimes people get into Al-Anon and begin their own recovery process and they leave. Sometimes they stay. But it is their decision to make. We don't presume to tell anyone what is best for them. Every situation is different and there is no way that we can know all of the details or the complete situation. Al-Anon can give them the tools they need to make an informed decision, but Al-Anon does not give advice.

Submitted By:

Buddy

One Day At A Time

Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
yukonm
Administrator

November 18

Today's Thought:

Personally, I don't care whether people are "real" alcoholics or not. What I care about is whether people with this affliction can be relieved of their suffering. I just today observed, very closely, some of that suffering and it's a very, very ugly and painful thing.

Submitted By:

Kevin

One Day At A Time

Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
yukonm
Administrator

November 19

Today's Thought:

The fact that we were no longer drinking together had a way of showing us both that his drinking most certainly WAS a problem also. He was trying not to drink as much he had been and the anger in him was growing because he was in such denial about it and had lost his drinking buddy - me.

Submitted By:

Deb

One Day At A Time

Old 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
yukonm
Administrator

November 20

Today's Thought:

Then I went to a meeting and someone shared about a guy who committed suicide -- a guy who once had 17 years and went out. He had all of the material blessings, lost his sobriety and everything else and then committed suicide. That was really important for me to hear.

Submitted By:

Zoe

One Day At A Time

Old 11-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #21
yukonm
Administrator

November 21

Today's Thought:

At what point does AA cease to be what it is meant to be and become what the majority have now defined it to be? With no disrespect intended, I find those that see AA in the light it was intended to be a dying breed.

Submitted By:

Bette

One Day At A Time

Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
yukonm
Administrator

November 22

Today's Thought:

It would be pretty unreasonable to think that somehow all that damage to myself was magically erased just because I didn't drink for awhile, right? Of course my "self esteem" was low. How could it be otherwise? The Steps were the answer for me. All 12 of them.

Submitted By:

Jeff

One Day At A Time

Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #23
yukonm
Administrator

November 23

Today's Thought:

I have a far more open mind about trying and investigating new things as a result of pondering the "contempt prior to investigation" principle. To paraphrase, "Try it, you might like it" If you don't, don't use it, but don't castigate those who do.

Submitted By:

Elise

One Day At A Time

Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #24
yukonm
Administrator

November 24

Today's Thought:

So, I've now got two AA meetings under my belt and it feels great to be there. I can definitely feel that this will be where I'll find my sponsor, and that I need to work the steps from the AA side of the table vs. the Al-Anon.

Submitted By:

Exhaled

One Day At A Time

Old 11-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #25
yukonm
Administrator

November 25

Today's Thought:

The "friendship we have been privileged to enjoy" was a big part of my healing. For the first time in my entire life I had people that I could talk to, open and honestly, about my real feelings. I felt comfortable doing so, because after hearing their stories, I knew they had been exactly where I was. I knew that they understood.

Submitted By:

Buddy

One Day At A Time

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #26
yukonm
Administrator

November 26

Today's Thought:

I too have heard of these experiments to turn alkies into 'moderate' drinkers. Too many have died horrible, alcoholic deaths. Therefore, I'll stick with the winners and continue to read my Big Book, go to meetings and communicate with other sober AA members.

Submitted By:

Teresa

One Day At A Time

Old 11-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
yukonm
Administrator

November 27

Today's Thought:

I knew deep in my heart he had serious problems with alcohol, but was in denial, because I knew nothing about alcohol, and his actions would hurt and confuse me. But there were so many happy, passionate, loving times, that I found it easier to ignore the danger signs.

Submitted By:

Dancer

One Day At A Time

Old 11-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #28
yukonm
Administrator

November 28

Today's Thought:

I watched my mother waste 20 years of her life waiting for him to change. It wasn't pretty and it has affected me very deeply. I honestly believe I would have had a better life if she would have left the alcoholic when I was a young child.

Submitted By:

Laura

One Day At A Time

Old 11-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
yukonm
Administrator

November 29

Today's Thought:

I think the critics of all things 12-step-related have no idea (because of the literal, black/white thinking) how completely freeing the process can be; it doesn't require the mental gymnastics which many seem to think it does to make the steps "fit" me.

Submitted By:

Dave

One Day At A Time

The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Old 11-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #30
yukonm
Administrator

November 30

Today's Thought:

I deserve a loving, nurturing relationship in my life. He is pleasant to be around, but the love is not there. He buys me things, but material things do not replace the passion and love.

Submitted By:

Kristen

One Day At A Time

Post New ThreadReply