Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #541
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #542
bluidkiti
Administrator

Tracey and Obier! So glad to have you both join us. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great weekend!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 06-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #543
melonina

Hello everyone! I'm new here

So my story...
I started drinking a lot when my first business got bankrupt. I just didn't know what to do and I was too weak to tell anyone about what's troubling me or ask for help. Well, my habbits lasted for about 4 years until I realized that I'm living a disguisting life. I always thought that I'm better than this and always loathed alcoholics. Funny to say, I was an alcoholic myself. I noticed that I can't wait till work hours are over, so I could come back fome where a bottle of wine is waiting for me. I drank in the evenings, drank during the weekends, birthdays, parties, dinner... Basically I was sober for just a few hours a day.
So one day I just decided that it's enough. I found some information on the Internet, bought a few books to guide me and started to reduce. I was scared that if I go cold turkey, I might suffer very major side effects. Because I drank a LOT. And I was scared to go to a doctor or AA.
I then started to establish a routine. I tried not to be at home in the evenings, because that was too risky. And if I get bored, I'll start drinking. I joined yoga classes, started cycling and jogging. Oh God, that was so difficult. I haven't done anything physical from when I was in college. But eventually, it worked for me. I managed to keep myself distracted enough to not start drinking again, and when I came back home from the classes I was too tired to even stand.
In the end it all woked out okay. I tried to take care of myself and eventually I told my mom and a few friends about my guilty pleasures. I never thought that I have such amazing and understanding people around me. I never been so close to my mom before and I don't want to go back to that dark place again. It gives me goosebumps to even think about it now. However, it's not that easy to get rid of negative thoughts as it seems.
I'm sober for a year now and proud of it

Give me a shout if you want an advice or something, I'll be more than happy to share the methods I used to motivate myself

Thnak you. Have a nice day! Xx
melonina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to melonina For Sharing:
Old 06-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #544
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Melonina. Congratulations on your one year. I hope you will continue to come to the site and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #545
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi melonina, So glad to have you join us here. Congratulations on one year! I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great Wednesday!
Old 06-19-2016, 07:41 AM   #546
cellio11

Default Great to be here!

Hi I'm Chris. I love this page! Its great to be here!
cellio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cellio11 For Sharing:
Old 06-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #547
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Chris! It is so great to have you join us. Please keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great Sunday!
Old 06-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #548
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Chris, glad you made the decision to join us. Hope you keep coming and sharing your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #549
Vern Fossum

My name is Vern ,and every morning, it helps the day go easier.I look for your readings
Vern Fossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #550
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Vern, I am glad that you have join us. I hope you will keeping coming and sharing with us. Have a great Monday!
Old 06-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #552
KrtNthnyLn

Default 30160627.0746

Good morning, my name is Kurt and I'm an alcoholic.

I have done the daily readings from page http://www.recoveryreadings.com/dail...ngsJune27.html and I'm here to say hi. I'm going for a run hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited by KrtNthnyLn; 06-26-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Title should've been 20160627.0748
KrtNthnyLn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KrtNthnyLn For Sharing:
Old 06-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #553
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome KrtNthnyLn, thanks for checking in and saying hello. We have access to the daily reading here plus a lot of recovery material on the site and have a great variety of posts to make you smile, think, and say thanks. I hope you come here and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #554
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Kurt, Glad to have you join us. I hope you enjoy your run and your day! Keep coming and sharing with us.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #555
Indigo

Hi, My name is Beth and I am an alcoholic. Coming back to the program after twelve years. SO happy to have found this website and all of it's encouraging words and people. I am grateful to be sober today, one day at a time. So grateful to have guidance outside of meetings.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Indigo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply