Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Willing to Be Willing

Today's Turning Point with David Jeremiah

Willing to Be Willing

If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
John 7:17

Recommended Reading
John 7:10-24 [ http://iz3.me/KFGu2zeTx1A1 ]

The book Revive Us Again includes the story of Ruth Sundquist, a Moody Bible Institute student in the 1940s who was attending a missionary conference at nearby Moody Memorial Church. The speaker challenged the students to come forward and offer themselves for missionary service, but Ruth didn’t feel willing to go forward. The speaker then said, “If you aren’t willing to go, ask the Lord to make you willing to go.” Still Ruth hesitated. Then he said, “If you aren’t willing to do that, ask Him to make you willing to be willing to pray that prayer.”

Listen to Today's Radio Message
[ http://iz3.me/MFGu2zeTx1A1 ]

Ruth said, “That’s about where I had to start.”1

The Lord has a calling on our lives, and we’ll discover His will as we’re willing to obey Him without reservation. Sometimes it’s hard to say, “I’m willing.” But perhaps, like Ruth Sundquist, you can start by saying, “Lord, I’m willing for You to make me willing to be willing.”

In any case, open your life to the fullness of God’s plan for you. When we learn the will of God, we begin to live in the will of God.

To live according to the will of God is to know the life that wins.
G. Christian Weiss

1Joel A. Carpenter, Revive Us Again (New York: Oxford University Press, 1997), 82.

Read-Thru-the-Bible
Deuteronomy 9–11 [ http://iz3.me/PFGu2zeTx1A1 ]
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply