Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

It is so important to not play doctor with our medication. I have been to DRA meetings and spoke for a friend's 6 year anniversary there, and went to several meetings, but didn't have the time to fully support another fellowship. Twelve Steps are Twelve Steps, no matter what fellowship you belong to, and are applicable to all my mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical malady's, and I had to go where it was good for me. I have been given many labels, but it all boils down to staying clean and sober in today. A good sign is when and if I try to stop and can't, I may need to look at my life to look at what the issue truly is.

Someone carried the message to me early in recovery, "To not take medications, so they could go out and drink, does not work." She never made it back in to try again. She carried a message I never forgot. Her partner donated her Big Book to our group Freedom of Recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply