Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Forgotten Blessings

Forgotten Blessings

It is hard to speak about forgotten blessings and to be thankful for them, simply because they are forgotten. And so today, let us take time to remember. Travel back in time and remember the love that touched your childhood. Perhaps much of what you received has been forgotten, its importance dimmed through the passage of time. Remembering brings back a sense of contentment and gratitude. You come to be mindful of how much you have received from others, and how the lives of others who loved you have so beautifully influenced your own.

Perhaps you might also remember those events that you may have tended to regard as lucky breaks, occurrences that opened up spiritual opportunities to you or occurrences that saved you from harm. Can you see in these the presence of God lovingly directing your life?

Remember, too, the blessings that you may consider ordinary, the ones you forget because you take them for granted. Your health and your native talents fit here. Have you sometimes forgotten that these are blessings?

Bringing forgotten blessings back to memory is an act of gratitude to God from whom the blessings flow. In our remembering we are filled with thankfulness and joy.

May I be mindful of the many blessings I have received, Lord. Let my mindfulness change my insensitivity into gratitude, and my cynicism into trust.

Focus Your Day
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply