Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Living a Fruitful Life

"Living a Fruitful Life"

“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” — Psalm 119:11 NKJV

None of us can go through life without facing temptation. Do you want ammunition against the temptations that assault you in this world? All you have to do is use the same weapon Jesus used when he was "led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil." (Matthew 4:1). Each time the devil tempted him, Jesus used the Word to defeat the devil. "But He answered and said, 'It is written...'" (vs 4).

I can remember that as Sunday school children, we were given a Bible verse each Sunday to memorize. Then we would get some kind of reward the next Sunday for having memorized it. I didn't know it at the time, but years later, when puzzled by a problem or trying to make a decision, one of those Bible verses would pop into my head and be very helpful. Charles Swindoll wrote, "I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture."

If you have never thought of learning little gems of God's wisdom, make a plan for memorizing some of your favorite verses or passages. Here is one of my favorites that I recall when bad things happen: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). Another favorite is the 23rd Psalm. I'm sure you have others that are favorites of yours. Resolve to memorize one verse or passage a week and you'll enrich your life.

Father, help me to plant your word in my heart, so that I may live a more fruitful life. Amen.

“Prayerful Living”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply