Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > New Member Check In
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

New Member Check In Make sure to stop by here and say hello!

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #406
bluidkiti
Administrator

Hi Rhonda, Congratulations on your sober and clean time! I am so glad you decided to join us here. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great Sunday!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #407
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Reyna, so glad you made the decision to join our family. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #408
nools

I just joined this forum. I am a recovering addict and alcoholic since 1988. I had to go on anti depressants in 2006 due to a depression brought about by the menopause. Since then I have been on and off them and obsessing about them and alternative therapies to make me feel better. However 9 months ago I decided just to take the medication and not think about it. The doctor has given me Diazapam on a few occasions and now I want to take it all the time. I am prescribed to take it 2.5mgs when I feel I need to. Lately I've started to obsess about this drug and fight not to take it for the wrong reasons. That and painkillers with codeine. I think about the painkillers a lot but don't buy them. they have 30mgs of codeine - now I don't know if I have a problem or I am making a problem up for myself. that's what I do. I make problems and issues out of nothing. My marriage is in the process of breaking up, I have a severely autistic mentally retarded son and my mother died last week. I am the bread winner in the family that is breaking up and I feel bitter and angry about that and struggle there too
nools is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nools For Sharing:
Old 03-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #409
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Nools. Thank you for signing in and sharing. I was told when I went into recovery, that the body manufactures the pain and tells us that we need more.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor and your sponsor. A drug is a drug, no matter what shape or form it takes. Don't play doctor with your life. I am going to my doctor's today because he put me on a medication for my tremon disorder, I do not like how it makes me feel, I find it to be mind altering and have been having head aches and I want to come off of it, and yet, I don't want to have the tremons so bad that I can't operate and help myself.

They have tried me on many anti-depressants and I just can't take the side affects and the weight gain and refuse to take them. I have been on over 10 different kinds. I have been on two Alprazolam 0.25 mg a day, for my muscles, not my nerves for years, I don't abuse them, but they are the only thing that works for me for my Fibromyalgia.

I was addicted to them, and abused them along with many other things for years. There are days when I don't take the two. I only take them to relax the muscles so that when I lie down, my muscles don't scream and cause me a lot of pain. I use to hate going to bed and lying down and developed bad sleeping habits. Only you can decide, but I would suggest you get honest with your doctor.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:29 AM   #410
sickiv

Hi there 😀 my name is Vicki B. Aka Sicki . I live in Wetumpka Alabama and belong to a home group called Happy Hour in Montgomery . I enjoy reading the posts and really appreciate the service that you provide carrying the message 🌟
sickiv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sickiv For Sharing:
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #411
sickiv

I read your post Nools and wanted to share my experience , Strength and hope with you for what ts worth . I've been sober a few 24 hours and I am approaching 53 and have suffered with this menopause for a few years . I couldn't believe how powerful the hormones are . I was up front and honest with my doctor and she did suggest antidepressants - I hesitated for a long time because of my upbringing in the rooms and so many old ideas . Through prayer and support from others I realized its medically necessary fir for my mental state . I've been on Wellbutrin 150 for a while and I'm ok with it . Of course my alcoholic mind tells me I don't need them anymore and stop taking them . I will iif and when along with my doctors care through that process . I guess what I'm saying is " to thine own self be true " talk to your sponsor and your individual network . That's not something I talk about at group level . Keep Tudging ����
sickiv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sickiv For Sharing:
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #412
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Vicki, so glad you signed in to say hello. Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope. I am glad they worked for you, they do for some people, they didn't work for me. They tell me I shouldn't take my medication, but it is the only thing that works for me and I don't misuse and abuse it.

It is so important that we don`t play doctor with our own life and with the life of others. What is good for one may not be good for someone else. I had lunch with a lady today. She is a new neighbor and we exchanged phone numbers. She talked about her medication and arthritis and she said that she became aware that when they took away her Tyenol 3s and told her to take Extra-Strength Tyenol, she took more. I share with her, the body manufactures the pain to tell you that you need more. I know for me, more was never enough. I found myself with a resentment and hurt that my doctor prescribed pills for me, without discussing the matter with me first. This is the third time he has done this, written the script, and faxed it to the pharmacy. I didn`t know what it was until I picked it up and refused the medication when I went to pick it up. His words were, I will get you something that will fix you all up. I am hoping I won`t have to change doctor`s again. He is my third doctor in recovery.

Looking forward to sharing with you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #413
New_Life

Question Hi, New Life here! Brand new to the site with a question.

Hi Everyboby,

I'm wondering do your hands have to shake to be a alcoholic?
New_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to New_Life For Sharing:
Old 04-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #414
KenanG

Default Hello from Istanbul

Hello everybody!

This is Kenan, a newcomer from Istanbul. Warm greetings to everybody.
Amazing website/forum!
Many Thanks to the Admins, the people posting, and all other recovering ones...
Good to be among you!

All my best wishes...
KenanG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KenanG For Sharing:
Old 04-17-2015, 12:36 AM   #415
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome New Life and Kenan, so glad you both found us and made the decision to join our family. Hope you will both continue to come and share your journey with us.

New life, I don't think it is a qualification. I personally have a tremon disorder and to make my hands STOP shaking, all I have to do is pick up a drink. How ironic is that?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 04-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #416
wbates

Hi Everyone!!
My name is Wendy and I am an alcoholic and an addict. I have 24 days clean today, & I am quite pleased with that considering I didn't think I could get thru 24 hrs, or even 24 minutes lol I would like to say THANX SO MUCH for allowing me to come back each day and read all of the wonderful posts!! They really, REALLY help me start each day with a dose of recovery instead of drugs and alcohol 😁😁😁

I'm off to partial treatment this morning.. Have a BLESSED DAY!! 😇😇😇
wbates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbates For Sharing:
Old 04-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #417
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Welcome Wendy, thanks for signing in and saying hello. All the best on your journey, hope you will continue to come and share it with us.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #418
New_Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestyJo View Post
Welcome New Life and Kenan, so glad you both found us and made the decision to join our family. Hope you will both continue to come and share your journey with us.

New life, I don't think it is a qualification. I personally have a tremon disorder and to make my hands STOP shaking, all I have to do is pick up a drink. How ironic is that?

Wow, sorry to hear that. And Thanks for your reply., you are correct, sometime after I posted this I Googled it and what it says is that not all alcoholics have all the same symptoms.

Last edited by New_Life; 04-17-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: I left out the word symptoms, so I added it.
New_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #419
lesleygraham

Default Hello again...

My name is Lesley and I seem to have lost touch with this wonderful site. My sobriety date is 12/23/2009 and I am a grateful member of AA. I live in Raleigh NC with my soon to be 14 year old daughter - we have 2 dogs and 1 guinea pig at the moment but have had numerous hamsters (7 babies at one time... but I digress).
I am honored to be here with all of you.
lesleygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lesleygraham For Sharing:
Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #420
dhartly22

gm another day in paradise. living the aa way of life is the best choice ive ever made and thank you all for helping me along the journey....hugs..... dave h.
dhartly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhartly22 For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply