Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-16-2020, 06:19 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 16

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. —Isaiah 12:2

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 1 John 4:16

What does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8

This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. —Psalm 118:24

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." —Matthew 22:37-38

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Luke 22:42 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Isaiah 40:28-31 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
Old 04-18-2020, 05:22 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. - Proverbs 3:3

Romans 10:9-10 “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

Colossians 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15
Old 04-19-2020, 07:09 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

1 Peter 5:6-11 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Philippians 4:4-9 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge. Psalm 18:2a
Old 04-20-2020, 05:40 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

Isaiah 41:10 10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2

I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart. — Jeremiah 24:7

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. —1 Chronicles 16:10-11
Old 04-21-2020, 06:39 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 21

He who guards his mouth and his tongue guards himself from troubles. Proverbs 21:23

Psalm 103:1-5 1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

[Jesus said] Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. — John 14:27
Old 04-22-2020, 06:57 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

Proverbs 18:10 (NIV) The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run to it and are safe.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. - Matthew 5:7

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. — Joshua 1:7-9

(13) Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist when times are evil, and after you have done everything to stand firm. (14) Stand firm then! (TLV) - Ephesians 6:13-14a

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:23 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. - Psalm 100:1-3

Psalm 9:10 "Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You."

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. — Proverbs 10:12

Psalm 91:14 NIV "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Philippians 4:10-13 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:26 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. — Proverbs 15:18

Psalm 63:1 NIV O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Romans 12:3-8 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-25-2020, 06:47 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

James 1:5 – If you do not have wisdom, ask God for it. He is always ready to give it to you and will never say you are wrong for asking.

I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:2 NIV)

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1

Psalm 119:105 NIV Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:15 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:19

Ephesians 2:4-5 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 4:26-27 – "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. — Psalm 31:24

Galatians 6:1-2 1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

John 6:35 NIV Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
Old 04-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

Matthew 6:25-27 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Romans 12:9-13 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. — James 4:8

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. —Isaiah 40:29-31
Old 04-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18 NIV

John 14:27 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you. Deuteronomy 33:27a

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face evermore! —1 Chronicles 16:11

Psalm 56:3-4 NIV When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Psalm 118:6 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Old 04-29-2020, 06:35 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believed in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Psalm 103:8 The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.

Jesus is able to understand our weaknesses. He was tempted in every way that we are, but He did not sin. - Hebrews 4:15

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. —Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 04-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

Hebrews 13:5 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1 John 4:15

Psalm 116:5-7 5 The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. 6 The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me. 7 Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

1 Peter 5:6-7 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Corinthians 1:3-5 – Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the merciful Father, the God from whom all help comes! He helps us in all our troubles, so that we are able to help others who have all kinds of troubles, using the same help that we ourselves have received from God. Just as we have a share in Christ's many sufferings, so also through Christ we share in God's great help. So then, my dear friends, stand firm and steady. Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord's service is ever useless.
Post New ThreadReply