Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 9

When we empty ourselves of our self, that's when God can fill us up with more of Himself.

It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the fact that you carry it alone. Jesus stands at the ready to help - will you let Him?

When we get caught up in worry, we can look around for signs of God’s presence. When we turn our worries over to God through prayer, we can receive God’s comfort.

Each day we can turn simple actions into times of intentional connection with God. As we go through the day, we may pray, sing, give an offering, or read scripture. With each step we work our way toward the desired outcome: a closer relationship with God.

As we walk in fellowship with God we will find we will have many unique adventures, opportunities to serve Him.

At times the best action is no action, let God.

Ask God for the wisdom to know what is right, what God wants done, and the will to do it.

Be gentle and ready to forgive, never hold grudges, remember, God forgave us, so we must forgive others.

One man shares: Several years ago, I'd hit bottom. My marriage was crumbling, my career was in the tank and I was in a prosperity crisis.
I was in no mood for a joke.
Yet, one day, feeling lower than imaginable, I was driving through town repeating my "prayer" during that time,
God, if you're really there, show me a sign. I need a sign. I feel like you've left me and if you haven't, give me a sign please!
Trying to focus through my tears, I was stopped at a traffic light and glanced over at a ragged billboard in an overgrown vacant lot. It said, "Pray. It works."
Well, the humor overcame me and when the light changed, I had to pull over. I was laughing for the first time in months. I wanted a sign and got a billboard. I wanted a message and there it was, three words reeking with meaning.
I follow the advice on that peeling billboard to this day. Pray. It works. And when I pray, I'm smiling, smiling at the simple truth that it contains. Author Unknown

Chosen by God Author Unknown
Marie Curling shares the following lesson. "Whenever I'm disappointed with my lot in life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott. Jamie was trying out for a part in his school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen.
On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school. Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement. 'Guess what, Mom,' he shouted, and then said those words that remain a lesson to me: 'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'"
Whatever God has called you to do today - even if it's just to "clap and cheer" - do it with all your heart, to the glory of God.
"Whatever you are called to do, do it with all your heart." Colossians 3:23

On Top of the World by Sally I. Kennedy
You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5
Don’t you love the feeling of being ‘on top of the world’? Everything seems to be going j-u-s-t right. Gotta love those times.
Yesterday when I parked at the lot on my way into the grocery store I looked up at the extraordinary blue. What a day. One of those chamber-of-commerce afternoons where the spring green of the trees met the deep clear sundrenched sky. On the highest part of a tall streetlight, a mockingbird was comfortably perched. Just checking it out, taking a rest. There he was, on top of the world.
Most days we aren’t on those mountain-peak highs, we live in the valley of life. Everyday life, the normal, the ups, the downs. Often those times are a little harder for me to like. Could be a season where you feel your world is unraveling and you are hanging by a thread, like this butterfly to the leaf. You may be barely holding on, waiting for the tide to turn. I’ve heard people voice questions, “So where was God anyway? Why did He let it happen? God didn’t answer my prayers about that”.
Here is some good news: no matter what it seems like, no matter what is going on, God is still sovereign. He is still in the midst, keeping every one of His promises (something like 7,000 of them in the Bible). He’s not distant, He’s not uncaring nor uninvolved. He is a personal God, wanting the best for His children and a close relationship with them.
The Word of the Lord is truth, and here are a few verses that you can count on to help to gain a ‘bird’s eye view’ perspective:
Psalm 97:9 For you, O Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.
1 Chronicles 29:11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
Isaiah 37:16 "O Lord Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.
Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. 
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
1 Chronicles 16:31 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; 
 let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns!"

Be Still And Know by Lori Ciccanti
Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (NIV)
2 Corinthians 9:12 – This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. (NIV)
Two months ago, I injured my ankle when I tripped over a garden fence in my backyard. To my surprise, it was more serious than I'd first thought. An x-ray revealed that a bone was dislocated, so I needed surgery to repair it. Afterward, my leg was placed in a cast; now, several weeks later, I'm wearing a post-operative boot while also receiving physical therapy.
Being less mobile gave me the opportunity to contemplate today's Scriptures from a new perspective. Since I had no other choice but to limit my regular activities, it was easier to listen for God's voice. But first, I questioned what the Lord wanted me to learn from this experience. As I thought about it, I realized that various people that He had placed in my life were an important part of my recovery process. It struck me how much we need each other, especially in the body of Christ.
Without the help of my husband and family, I could not have managed. Moreover, I was blessed by many friends who prayed, sent cards of encouragement, delivered meals, and stopped by to visit. Others went out of their way to take me out, pushing me in a wheelchair. These acts of kindness and more made my heart overflow with thanksgiving to God.
In many ways, the Lord demonstrates His love for us through family, friends, and church members. Never knowing what tomorrow may bring, we may find ourselves in a situation that we cannot handle alone, or perhaps, we may have the opportunity to be helpful to someone else in need. In either case, it's important to take time to listen for God's voice, to be ready to do His will, and to offer up our praise to Him for those who faithfully serve Him.
Prayer: Dear Lord, thank You for using the challenges that we face as opportunities to draw closer to You. Thank You also for the people in our lives who help us through difficult times. In the holy name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

God's Peace for When You Are Anxious About Tomorrow from God's Peace for When You Can't Sleep
Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. — Psalm 55:22
As you sink into bed tonight, exhausted, are you already thinking about tomorrow’s meetings, next week’s obligations, next month’s deadlines?
You’re anxious about tomorrow… and the next day… and the next.
Whether you’re a busy mom who’s worried about your child’s future, an overwhelmed college student in the throes of midterms, or a rising executive with demands pulling from every direction, it’s difficult not knowing what tomorrow will bring. This anxiety is something that keeps many people awake at night — but does it do any good?
One result of anxiety is that it can certainly make you feel productive. At least you’re keeping a running tally in your mind of things to do, scenarios that could go wrong, or new ideas to explore, right? But the problem is this: you can’t keep going all the time. Your mind and body need a break. You need a break. Your boss needs a break. Even the president needs a break sometimes.
The best thing you can do for yourself is take time to rest. True rest doesn’t look like collapsing into bed, nerves fried and adrenaline pumping, either. It looks like letting your mind, body, and soul rest in the palm of the Lord.
True rest always involves surrendering to God.
God doesn’t tell us to rest for His own good — He tells us to rest for our own good. God worked six days and rested the seventh. He was — and is — the mastermind behind the entire world, yet He took time to give Himself a break. To cease from working, to cease from creating, cease from doing.
Emulate the Lord’s pattern of work and rest tonight.
While you are in bed you can’t work efficiently and you certainly can’t get anything done. Nighttime calls for rest. There may be unforeseen challenges ahead tomorrow, and there might be things that have been left undone today. But the Lord tells us not to worry about tomorrow because each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34).
Sink into your bed letting a wave of relief wash over you; tomorrow is not yet here. You have nothing on your agenda right now except for sleep.
Ask the Lord to lift the burden of anxiety off your shoulders.
As sure as the stars twinkling in the night sky, He will answer your request. As gently as the crickets sing throughout the evening, the Lord will come to you. Rest tonight, dear one. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. — Philippians 4:6
Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. — Psalm 55:22
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. — Psalm 34:17 ESV
But in the seventh year there shall be a Sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a Sabbath to the Lord. You shall not sow your field or prune your vineyard. — Leviticus 25:4 ESV
Prayer : I come to You with a troubled, anxious heart, Lord. I ask You now to take away my anxiety and fear so that I can rest deeply tonight. Please answer my prayer quickly!
Your Turn: Tomorrow can wait. Tonight we need to sleep. Especially if last night (or the last few nights) have been spent tossing and turning with stress and worry. Tonight, let’s give it to the Lord and remember that we can trust in our good God to take care of us and never let us go.

ANTS Author Unknown
Brenda was a young woman that wanted to learn to rock climb. Although she was terribly afraid, she went with a group and they faced this tremendous cliff of rock that was practically perpendicular.
In spite of her fear, she put on the gear and took hold of the rope and started up the face of that rock.
Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was hanging on there, whoever was holding the rope up at the top of the cliff made a mistake and snapped the rope against Brenda's eye and knocked out her contact lens.
You know how tiny contact lenses are and how almost impossible to find. Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with who knows how many hundreds of feet behind and hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and looked, hoping that she would be able to find that contact lens.
Here she was, very far from home. Her sight was now blurry. She was very upset by the fact that she wouldn't be anywhere near a place where she could get a new contact lens. And she prayed that the Lord would help her to find it. Well, her last hope was that perhaps when she got to the top of the cliff, one of the girls that was up there on the top might be able to find her contact lens in the corner of her eye.
When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye. There was no contact lens to be found. She sat down with the rest of the party, waiting for the rest of them to come up the face of the cliff.
She looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and from throughout the whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every single stone and leaf that's on those mountains and You know exactly where my contact lens is."
Finally, the time came when it was time to go down. They walked down the trail to the bottom. Just as they got there, there was a new party of rock climbers coming along. As one of them started up the face of the cliff, she shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?" Well, that would be startling enough, wouldn't it? She had found the contact lens! But you know why she saw it? An ant was carrying that contact lens so that it was moving slowly across the face of the rock.
What does that tell you about the God of the universe? Is He in charge of the tiniest things? Do ants matter to Him? Of course they do. He made them. He designed them.
Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him this incredible story, he drew a picture of that ant lugging that contact lens with the words "Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You."
If God is in charge of the ants, don't you think He cares about you and me? I guess Solomon was right. One could learn a valuable lesson from that ant - TRUST IN GOD!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You have made some headway even though it seemed to be slow going. I want you to be aware of the significance of your victories both small and great and take heart. Be encouraged. Small steps can also take you the distance if your are diligent to stay the course. Be strong and refuse to give up, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do whatever it takes to get ready to move on. Many of you, My people, are about to be extricated from difficult conditions. You will have an opportunity to be released from all manner of restraint that has kept you from living in complete freedom. This is true naturally, but it is especially true supernaturally. I want you to live the ecstasy of spiritual liberty, says the Lord. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Rise up out the rubble of destruction, disappointment, and discouragement. What once was is no more, and you must press on to that which is ahead of you. Do not bemoan your loss, but as you look to the future know that you can trust Me to be with you and that I will help you. Now is a time to regain spiritual perspective, says the Lord. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

I saw a man walking around the perimeter of a town as he surveyed the damage, which reminded me of Nehemiah. He was sorrowful at the destruction he could see and was calculating what it would take to rebuild and restore what once was a holy habitation. And, I heard the LORD say, "You are My holy habitation. You too have been broken and some of you, My people, still lie in ruins. Yield to Me, and I will restore and renew all that has been broken." Then, I could feel the re-positioning or a shift of my spirit in union with God and the alignment of my internal energy with health, life and purpose. John 17:22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one.

Precision is your friend. The more precise you can be in your intentions and requests, the better. You can avoid misunderstandings by being clear and direct in your communications. I speak not only of the natural realm but the spiritual realm as well. Be specific in your prayers and be sure that you ask from a position of absolute faith and trust; no doubt or unbelief, says the Lord. Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

In a vision I was on a lazy and smooth stretch of a river. Yet, I could see just ahead a change to rapids, and I knew I needed to prepare myself by being alert for that which was before me. And, I heard the Lord say, "You have been in a relatively quiet time spiritually. Steady yourself and get ready for things to change in rapid succession, and trust Me to bring you through safely." 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

I have set you to be light in the world that disspells spiritual darkness. As the darkness abounds more and more, your light must shine brighter and brighter. When you maintain relationship with Me, you will not walk in darkness. Push back the darkness where you find it, and do not allow it to overtake you, says the Lord. John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
All you have to do, My people, is believe. Rise up in faith and fight the good fight that you are involved in. And, if you do so you will surely win, for I am with you in the struggle. I am with you in the war, and I will cause you to be more than an overcomer as you address the situation and come against the enemy of your soul who has caused you to compromise, says the Lord.

Many of My people have been discouraged because they have not arrived at the place of understanding and power that they thought they would. But, the Lord says today, do not allow discouragement to hinder you any longer, but rise up in a new faith. For, indeed it is a new season and a new day. And, My mercy and goodness are renewed and will come upon you in a fresh way. Allow My Spirit, to wash away the disappointment, the discouragement, and the disheartenment. Hosea 6:1-3 Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight. Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth.

VICTORY
I refused to be discouraged
To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted,
and here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me,
And I am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful,
Salvation is the game;
Though everything is changeable,
My God remains the same.
My God knows all that's happening;
Beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort,
He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
To bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God;
Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten
to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me,
and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me,
My life is in His hand,
The "Son of God" is my hope,
It's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated,
My eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me,
as through this life I trod.
I'm looking past
all my circumstances,
To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached
the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory is mine;
He'll help me win the race.
author unknown

The Doorkeeper by Sheila Gosney
There are times in our lives where we must watch and wait for God's perfect will.
Perhaps it's circumstances only known by Him or a need only He could fill.
But whatever the reason...the time or the season we find ourselves seeking God's face,
For the wisdom He offers for what only He knows about us & our needs in this place.
And while the time of waiting places us in a pause it also postures us in a very good way.
For the One who holds the future in the palm of His hand is the same God that we seek when we pray.
And the season of seeking & searching out His will also teaches us God's timing is supreme.
For we end up learning His plans far surpass all of us and our mere mortal dreams.
We discover the true value of waiting on God is that it teaches us to truly rely.
For God is the Giver of every single provision and our water when we're thirsty & dry.
God proves Himself faithful to answer our cries for every need that we ask Him to fill.
And when the time is right ...He goes ahead like a doorkeeper and holds open the door of His will.

Isaiah 48:17 – This is what the Lord says — your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. - Galatians 5:22-23

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him — these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. - 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. - 1 Peter 4:10

Psalms 94:19 – Lord when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" (John 14:27).

True peace only comes from the Prince of Peace.
Peace does not mean that everything around you is calm and tranquil; true peace means that you are able to remain peaceful during the storms of life.
But this peace, which the Bible promises is available to believers, can only come from God. Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace" (John 16:33). In other words, Jesus came so that you could have peace.
Paul tells us, in Philippians 4:6-7, that we can have peace if we don't become anxious about life but instead give our worries to God: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Hand over all of your problems to the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, and He will give you a peace that passes understanding -- a peace that is beyond comprehension. Weekly Wisdom

Holy One, Walk with us as our lives change. Help us to trust you daily as you guide our steps. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 31
1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. 2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. 3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. 4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength. 5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth. 6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord. 7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; 8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room. 9 Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly. 10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed. 11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me. 12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel. 13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life. 14 But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God. 15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. 16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. 17 Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave. 18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous. 19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! 20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. 21 Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city. 22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee. 23 O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. 24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Dear Lord, Help us to be faithful to you. Search us and call us back to you when we fall short. Strengthen us to be wholehearted in our devotion to you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply