Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - January

January 1

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever Hebrews 13:8

Luke 7:16 (NIV) "God has come to help his people."

Thought: Thank you, Jesus!

Psalm 39:7 (NIV) "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You."

Thought: Ask God to show you the way to take.

Today’s Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT): “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Today’s Thought: The King of the universe knows who you are. If that doesn’t excite you, what will? We can trust Him because He knows the ultimate plan for our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for not only saving me but having a plan for my life. I ask that you help me walk in your plan for my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. Isaiah 43:19

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

Ephesians 3:19 (CEV) I want you to know all about Christ’s love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is.

Thought: God goals are good goals.

Psalm 40:8 (NIV) I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart."

Thought: Set aside selfish pursuits. Let Jesus lead your life.

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:1-2 (NLT): This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Sosthenes. I am writing to God’s church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.

Today’s Thought: We are called to be God’s holy people. As we begin this next year, let’s keep that in mind and try to be as holy as possible. We won’t be able to do it on our own strength but with God’s help we can.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a holy life. I put You first in all that I do this next year. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. Ezekiel 36:26

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1

Psalm 59:16 (NIV) I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

Thought: Awake to worship.

Jeremiah 30:21 (NKJV) For who is this who pledged his heart to approach Me? says the Lord.

Thought: Let it be me, Lord. Let it be me.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,[a] but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Philippians 3:13-14

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Jeremiah 30:22 (NKJV) You shall be My people, And I will be your God.

Thought: Faith in Jesus Christ brings you into God's family.

Jeremiah 30:21 (NIV) ...for who is he who will devote himself to be close to Me?

Thought: "Devote" requires a decision. Make it daily.

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:4 (NLT): I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: It is important to have thankful heart. God has given us so much to be thankful for. The Lord has also put people in each one of our lives for us to be thankful for. These people are often there to help us grow in our walk with God. Today let’s show them how much we are thankful for them.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for those people You’ve put in my life. I know that they are a gift from You. Please show me how I can show them my gratitude. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16

1 John 5:20 (NIV) Jesus Christ is the true God and eternal life.

Thought: The gospel message makes no compromise. We shouldn't either. The plain truth is the whole truth.

Isaiah 7:4 (NIV) ...Be careful, keep calm and don't be afraid. Do not lose heart...

Thought: God gives us courage to be overcomers.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
CECE WINANS LYRICS
"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

[Refrain]
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

[Refrain]

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Love the old Gospel hymns.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. Mark 8:35

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Proverbs 15:30 (NIV) A cheerful look brings joy to the heart...

Thought: Body language is a big deal. Use yours wisely.

Exodus 14:14 (NIV) The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Thought: Slow down. Leave the hurry and worry behind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. Romans 5:18

So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. James 2:17

Mark 14:38 (NIV) Jesus said, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation..."

Thought: Sin destroys. Run from it.

Psalm 103:1 (NIV) With all my heart I praise the Lord, and with all that I am I praise His holy name!

Thought: There's no halfway with God. Give yourself wholeheartedly to Him.

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:9 (NLT): God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Today’s Thought: God is faithful. He will do what He says He will do. It does not matter if He promised you something 40 years ago. He does not have Alzheimer’s. Stand firm on the promises of God!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You help me learn to trust You no matter what my life looks like. I believe in all Your promises. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life. 1 Corinthians 15:22

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Romans 1:1 (NIV) Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God...

Thought: You are called to be set apart, too. Discover what God wants you to do.

Psalm 84:12 (NIV) Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in You.

Thought: God wants us to have faith – not try to figure everything out.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:44 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 9

He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. Titus 2:7

Psalm 14:5 (NIV) ...God is present in the company of the righteous.

Thought: Stay strong. God stands with you.

Psalm 84:8 (NIV) Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob.

Thought: The most important minutes and moments of your day are spent in prayer.

Today’s Scripture: James 1:23-24 (NLT): For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.

Today’s Thought: Not only do we need to read and study God’s Word, we also need to apply it to our lives each and every day.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to not only learn but apply the Word of God to my life each and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 10

And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. 1 John 5:14-15

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

Hebrews 4:14 (NIV) Let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

Thought: Living faith is lasting faith.

Acts 28:31 (NIV) He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ – with all boldness and without hindrance!

Thought: It's ok to wear your faith on your sleeve. Others need to see what's inside your heart.

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 1:11-13 (NLT): For some members of Chloe’s household have told me about your quarrels, my dear brothers and sisters. Some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul.” Others are saying, “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Peter,” or “I follow only Christ.” Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!

Today’s Thought: It is important to remember who we follow. We do not follow a man but we follow the One true God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to remember who I follow. Help me not to idolize a man. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 11

he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5

Trust in the Lord and do good. Psalm 37:3

Matthew 8:1 (NIV) ...large crowds followed Jesus.

Thought: It's ok. Really. Go ahead. Join the crowd.

Mark 1:36 (NIV) Simon and his companions went to look for Jesus.

Thought: "Dear God, give our world the same hunger to search for Jesus."
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20

Malachi 2:15 (NIV) ...guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.

Thought: Every man has a responsibility to protect their marriage.

James 4:6 (NIV) God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Thought: A humble heart acknowledges God, responds to His word and is empty. That's how God can fill you up.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Deuteronomy 32:3 (NIV) I will proclaim the name of the Lord...

Thought: Tell someone about the Savior.

James 4:7a (NIV) Submit yourselves, then, to God.

Thought: Salvation starts with surrender.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Colossians 3:1

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Deuteronomy 32:3b (NIV) Oh, praise the greatness of our God!

Thought: Worship brings God's peace and presence.

James 4:7b (NIV) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Thought: Guard your heart and stand your ground...every thought, every day.
Post New ThreadReply