Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 16

A Time to Think: Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference. –Max Lucado, best-selling author and preacher at Oak Hills Church

To Act: Pray for the comforting arms of Jesus to hold you.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 17

A Time to Think: Faith draws the poison from every grief, takes the sting from every loss, and quenches the fire of every pain; and only faith can do it. –J. G. Holland, writer

To Act: Ask God to stay with you in difficult situations and affirm that He is helping you now.

To Pray: Lord, hold onto me as I go forward with faith in You.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 18

A Time to Think: Good Friday is a day of hope. It is a day where we look forward to a brighter tomorrow. –Reverend Dr. Peola C. Hicks, OurPrayer Manager

To Act: Today is Good Friday Day of Prayer. Join us in prayer.

To Pray: Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for life-changing comfort for anyone who needs to hear from You right now.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 19

A Time to Think: Don't pray to escape trouble. Don't pray to be comfortable in your emotions. Pray to do the will of God in every situation. Nothing else is worth praying for. –Reverend Sam Shoemaker, author and evangelist

To Act: Trust that things will be fine.

To Pray: Father I hold tight to Your truth and trust You to work in my life.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 20

A Time to Think: On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. –Douglas Horton, religious leader

To Act: Today, carve out some additional time to pray.

To Pray: My Everlasting God, don't let me forget that I can depend on You.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 21

A Time to Think: Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life's problems fall into place of their own accord. –J.I. Packer, Christian theologian

To Act: Resolve not to magnify small problems.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to remember that the brightness of Your loving presence is always with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 04-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 22

A Time to Think: God does not comfort us to make us comfortable only, but to make us comforters. –Dr. John Henry Jowett, preacher and author

To Act: Remember that love shared is multiplied many times over.

To Pray: Lord, show me new ways to bring comfort and healing in Your name.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 23

A Time to Think: The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. –Albert Einstein, physicist

To Act: Give your joy to others and it will come back to you.

To Pray: You fill me with concern for others, Lord, and You give me strength to help them.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

A Time to Think: Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr., author of Life's Little Instruction Book

To Act: Stop a moment, cease your work and enjoy the day.

To Pray: Lord, help me to understand that I can be joyful at all times and in all situations because I am Your child and You are my God.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 25

A Time to Think: When God is involved, anything can happen. Be open. Stay that way. God has a beautiful way of bringing good vibrations out of broken chords. –Charles Swindoll, Christian pastor, author and educator

To Act: Recall a time when you witnessed God's flawless timing.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to stretch beyond what is comfortable. Help me to be my best.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 26

A Time to Think: If you can't be thankful for what you receive, be thankful for what you escape. –Anonymous

To Act: Become more aware of the blessings that surround you.

To Pray: Father, of all the gifts and blessings You bestow on us, the greatest is the miracle of life. Let me find joy and satisfaction in every amazing, improbable moment.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 27

A Time to Think: Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years. –Charles Haddon Spurgeon, preacher and author

To Act: Pray God's Word and see your prayer life flourish.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, help me to hear Your voice deep in my heart, guiding me.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 28

A Time to Think: God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. –Elizabeth Barrett Browning, poet

To Act: Give everything to God and He will give you everything, too!

To Pray: God in heaven, hear my prayers and lead me on a never-ending journey to know You better.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 29

A Time to Think: The greatest test of faith is when you don't get what you want but still, you are able to say "Thank you Lord." – Author Unknown

To Act: Trust that there is a divine plan.

To Pray: A life of faith is a daily adventure, Lord. Keep us from seeing it as ordinary or commonplace.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 30

A Time to Think: Until God opens the next door for you, praise him in the hallway. –Anonymous

To Act: Thank the Lord for the possibilities of a new day.

To Pray: Giver of all that is good, how grateful I am for Your abundant kindness.
Post New ThreadReply