Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 3/8

Wherever life may take us, God has been there before us.

What a comfort to know that we cannot move beyond the reach and love of God!

Because Christ lives, we also live; death is not the end.

God wants to spend time with you. Cherish your time with God.

Sometimes when we think we are waiting patiently for God, we have actually become paralyzed by fear and insecurity. At those times, we can pray. Then we can follow God’s instruction and move forward in faith.

Because God is willing to forgive us, we can and will forgive others.

Life’s trials are sometimes only a drizzle and at other times a fiercely pounding storm. But regardless of the intensity of the storms, God will be faithful. Though we may not always see God’s wings spread over us, we can rest assured that they are there to offer us shelter and comfort.

When we trust God, changes are opportunities not things to be feared.

BANK ON IT by Rhonda Rhea
I don't want to admit how debit-card-dependent I am. It's getting embarrassing. One day this week I couldn't find my card. I looked everywhere. Even by the next morning there was still no trace of the card. I searched high and low, near and far- even under the sofa cushions. I found 37 cents, three marbles, a T-shirt (how had we ignored that lump?), seven M & M's, a screwdriver, my favorite sunglasses, and the TV remote (hey, we'd been looking for that thing)- but no card.
I checked our bank account online to make sure no one had used the rogue card. Nope, no extra charges (although how in the world could all those be mine?). Still, I was just this side of panic.
Why is it that I wait until panic starts to set in before I remember where I really need to turn? Finally I thought, "I'll have my quiet time with the Lord and then I can resume the hunt with more peace, less panic." I opened my Bible and guess what fell out; my card! I had absentmindedly stuck it between the pages the morning prior to mark a passage.
What a lesson my Father taught me about where I should run first. I found such treasure in His Word that morning and, believe it or not, the real treasure was not even card-related. Psalm 119:14-16 says it best: "I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Ah, it's great to be rich!
Suggested Prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, let your Holy Spirit fill me and transform my heart and mind that I may choose life -- abundant life in you and with you. And give me the courage and strength to always discern good from evil and to reject everything that is false and contrary to your holy will."

Swing Your Swing by A Norvell Thought
The week leading up to and including my 60th birthday was filled with sharing memories, eating my favorite foods, receiving cards, gifts, and messages from friends and family, and some times of deep reflection on where I have been and where I am going. The time has been well spent and the good wishes have been appreciated. (By the way, it was March 1 for those who need to know and forget to send a gif. It is not too late. I am still accepting.)
One question that has been asked numerous times is: “Well, how does it feel to be sixty?” My typical answer has been: “A lot like fifty-nine.” Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually in reality it is no different. And yet it is. Six decades. Sounds like a long time, seems like a long time, yet it also seems very brief. As one Facebook friend stated, “It seems like I just wished you a happy birthday.”
Part of the reason this birthday seems different is that in my mind sixty years implies some level of wisdom. From my perspective I have always looked at men and women who were sixty and above with at least some degree of respect. My reasoning being if they have lived this long they surely have learned something, so I can learn something from them. Obviously that is not always true. Some appear to have lived their sixty-plus years and managed to bypass the accumulation of wisdom.
So, as the day approached and passed I continued to look for that wisdom that I could pass along to those coming behind me (and maybe even some of those who are ahead of me), that would make their journey easier and more enjoyable.
The insight came during a commercial break of a recorded program of the one called the greatest golfer of all time, and is narrated by another of golf’s greatest. You can see the commercial by going to this link: Swing Your Swing.
Swing your swing. That is it. Arnold Palmer and Dick’s Sporting Goods said it well.
Swing your swing. Live your life. Live the life you have been given. Not the life you wish you had. Or the life you think you should life. Live the life you have been given. Use your talents. Do what you were created to do.
Long before the commercial, the company, golf and any of the great golfers, God used his servant Paul to live the message of being who you were created to be, then offer these instructions on how to function well within the body.
“But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.” (1 Corinthians 12:18, NIV84)
“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” (1 Corinthians 12:27, NIV84)
So, my bit of wisdom to you is this: Swing your swing. Be you. God created you to be you. Learn from other people. Glean from the experience and wisdom of those who have gone before you. But be you.
If you are a teacher, teach the way you teach. If you are a singer, sing with your voice and your music. If you are an athlete, play your game your way. If you are a preacher, preach the message God is giving you and share the message the way God has equipped you to share it.
Although God has placed, and will place, very gifted and talented people in your life and along your path do not try to be them. Some of those respected may even try to push you into their mold, or shape you into someone they admire and respect. Resist the pressure. Swing your swing. Play your way. Live your life. Use your talents. Develop your gifts. Follow God your way. Swing your swing.

Give Thanks to the LORD by Suzanne Benner
“Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.” (1 Chronicles 16:8-11)
David wrote this psalm of thanksgiving to the Lord when he and the people of Israel brought the Ark of the Covenant back to Jerusalem. >From the overflow of David’s heart, we learn how we also can worship God.
Give thanks to the LORD – Every good and perfect gift comes from God. God alone deserves the thanks for the many blessings we enjoy.
Call on His name – We worship God when we call out to Him, when we acknowledge that only He has the power to save us.
Make know among the nations what He has done – We honor God when we spread the good news: Jesus died to save you and me.
Sing to Him, sing praise to Him – Singing to God not only glorifies Him, but also reminds us of our place. Humility in turn makes our hearts overflow with praise to God.
Tell of all His wonderful acts – God gave each of us a story to tell. We exalt Him when we share how He changes us, day by day.
Glory in His holy name – Take delight in the God of heaven. He delights in you!
Let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice – Let gladness and hope fill you because the God of the universe reveals Himself to those who seek Him.
Look to the LORD and His strength – Whatever you need, God is able to supply.
Seek His face always – Continue to look to God for all you need. Continue to pursue God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength.
Thank you God, for all You have done. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Your works are wonderful. May I speak today of how great You are. Amen.
Questions: How does praising God change us? What part of this psalm of praise speaks to you the most?

GOD KNOWS WHAT IS BEST by Alan Smith
The story is told about a king who had a close friend. This friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) by remarking, "This is good, God knows what is best."
One day, the king and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the king, but he had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, because after taking the gun from his friend, the king fired it and his thumb was blown off. Examining the situation, the friend remarked as usual, "This is good, God knows what is best." To which the king replied, "No, this is NOT good!" and ordered his soldiers to put his friend into jail.
About a year later, the king was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured the king and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to it. As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the king was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone who was less than whole. So after untying the king, they chased him out of the village.
When the king reached his palace, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend. "You were right" the king said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this."
"No," his friend replied, "This is good, God knows what is best."
"What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?"
The king's friend replied, "Remember that God Almighty knows best and if I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you on that hunting trip."
The story isn't true, but the message is. How we need a faith that truly believes that we have a God who is in control. A faith that can say, as Joseph did, "You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." (Genesis 50:20)
A faith that we can say, as Paul did, "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God..." (Romans 8:28)
A faith that we can say, as James did, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials." (James 1:2).
It is so easy to look back over our lives and see how God has been there every step of the way, how He has taken care of us and provided for us. But how difficult it is to see God at work in the midst of our pain and suffering. God, increase our faith! Help us to see you in all that we experience and to truly believe that "God knows what is best!"

Life On the Edge Author Unknown
Did you ever come home at 11:30pm for a midnight curfew? It's not likely. As a teenager, I remember waiting on my front steps until 11:59pm before going inside. When given the opportunity, it seems to be in our nature to push the limits to the very farthest degree. How far is too far? How much noise can I make until I push Mom over the edge? How fast over the speed limit can I drive before the police will pull me over? How much can I cheat before getting caught?
We like living on the edge. The problem is that when we do it for too long, we might not realize we're in real danger until it's too late. It's essential that we pay attention to the path we're on. It's like driving on a winding mountain road: as you near the edge, you'll hit a series of warning grooves that cause you to start bumping along. They are there to remind you to get back on the right track. The Christian life is much the same. I used to think some of the rules in the Bible were cumbersome. I have come to realize, however, that it is these very guidelines – like warning grooves on a road – that help keep me from flying over the edge and losing control in my life.
God's commandments and principles are there for our protection so we can experience all God wants us to experience. Typically, when people lose control of their lives, it isn't just one bad decision that launches them off a moral cliff, but a series of poor choices along the way. The Scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and our brothers and sisters in Christ all provide us with the warning grooves and guardrails we need to prevent us from going over the edge.
Thank God today for giving us the help we need to stay on the "narrow road."
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. – Philippians 4:8

Answered Prayer Author Unknown
A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God. However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.
The first thing they prayed for was food. The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained barren.
After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, another ship was wrecked, and the only survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing.
Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. – The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing.
Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. – In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island. The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings, since none of his prayers had been answered.
As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?" "My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them," the first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered and so he does not deserve anything."
"You are mistaken!" the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any of my blessings."
"Tell me," the first man asked the voice, "What did he pray for that I should owe him anything?"
"He prayed that all your prayers be answered."
For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but those of another praying for us.

YOUR OWN SPRING by Joseph J. Mazzella
I sent my Aunt another birthday card today. It was nowhere near her birthday but that didn’t matter. You see, my Aunt has lived over eighty years in this world. She has done her best to make each and every day of them too a celebration of love, kindness, giving, and good cheer. I saw no reason then to limit such a beautiful soul to just one card a year.
The card I sent her this time had a beautiful Spring scene on the front of it. It was full of blossoming trees and blooming flowers. It felt especially good sending it out today too, because I had just finished my second round of shoveling out the drive in two days. A foot and a half of freshly fallen snow had covered everything, closed schools, and made any flowers in the ground here shiver and think twice about ever coming out again.
As I mailed out my Aunt’s card, though, I remembered one of the many things that I have learned from her over the years. "If you want to make it through life’s Winter days then you have to carry your own Spring within you." That is what she always did. Even when the heaviest of snows fell in her life, her spirit stayed sunny. Even when this world was cold and bitter, she still warmed everyone around her with her laughter and her smile. Even when she had to dig out from under life’s pains and troubles, she always carried a flower garden of faith, love and caring in her heart.
Spring will be here soon, I know. In life, however, Winter days can come at any time and in any season. If you are going through some right now remember that God loves you. Remember that each day you wake up is another day that you can be reborn in love and joy. Remember that even when you are shoveling snow in the world, you can still be planting flowers in your soul. And remember that even when Winter drags on and on, you can still share your Spring.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Even when it seems that there is no place to stand where you can feel sure and stable, and when the world seems to be crumbling around you, I want you to rest in the assurance that I am with you. Turn your heart towards Me and pray in faith for My intervention. I will certainly hear and answer and bring you into undisputed victory, says the Lord. Be strong! Isaiah 65:24 "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear."

Beloved, refuse to allow discouragement from any source to undermine your faith or keep you from victory. Stand strong in the work of My in your life, which will cause you to rise above the circumstances that would otherwise shipwreck your faith, says the Lord. I have not appointed you to failure or ruin. You are destined to overcome. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Release yourself from the thoughts, worries, and concerns that keep you earthbound. For, you must rise above all that keeps you from absolute faith in Me, says the Lord. You cannot operate in the realm of faith and be in fear at the same time. Pay attention to your thoughts and make the necessary adjustments to demonstrate faith. 2 Corinthians 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

You, My people, are on the verge of breaking through into higher ground. It is as though you have been sleeping, and you are trying to wake up and open your eyes. You are just now being stirred to greater awareness of the spiritual realm and activity. Press through this period of virtual hibernation with the strength of your desire to come higher, says the Lord. The time is now. Romans 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

I heard in the Spirit the sound of a trumpet blowing. And, the Lord said, "A call is going forth to awaken those who have been asleep spiritually. Only those who have an ear to hear will heed the call, and not everyone will understand the call. It is an awakening to new life and renewal that will bring restoration. Those who hear will begin a journey in the Spirit. It will be hard to let go of the past in some cases, but a desire for more of Me will be strong motivation to move on."
Exodus 40:36-38 Whenever the cloud was taken up from above the tabernacle, the children of Israel would go onward in all their journeys. But if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not journey till the day that it was taken up. For the cloud of the LORD was above the tabernacle by day, and fire was over it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am establishing a standard among My people. I am establishing this plumbline so that you might see that as I visit you, the power of the kingdom will come to bear upon your heart and then the manifestation will indeed flow through you. For, this is the time of fulfillment in the day of My power. And, it shall come to pass even as it is written, for My word cannot be broken; the scriptures cannot be changed. They come with timeliness in the right season according to My will. So, I say to you, now it is time for you to arise to your position. It is time for you to become My priests and do the work of a priest. It is time for you to honor Me as it should be in your lives; give Me the glory, give Me the honor. Come to Me with words of praise and thanksgiving and I will indeed meet with you and reveal your purpose, for I am about to carry you into the things that I have designed for this season, says the Lord.

My God by Nancy Burr
My God has always been with me,
Through each and every day.
I tried to pretend I could not see,
And did things my own way.
I went to church and read His word,
Taught my kids that He does care.
But often times my faith was weak,
And I didn't make time for prayer.
Then one day God changed my life,
He gently nudged my heart.
"It's time my child to give me more,
I need you all not part."
I knew He'd always been with me,
I felt such guilt and shame.
I know I don't deserve my God,
But He loves me just the same.
It's hard for me to understand,
Just why He stayed with me.
But the words in His book are very clear,
With you I will always be.
At times I am just speechless,
At the wonder of God's love.
He 's never turned away from me,
He watches me from above.

He Maketh No Mistake by A. M. Overton
My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache.
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray.
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.
Tho' night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.
There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight far too dim;
But come what may I'll simply trust,
And leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift,
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” 3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:1-4

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:9-20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Instructions to the Rich
17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. 18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, 19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Seeing the Invisible
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:16-21

We Do Not Lose Heart by Tom Norvell
I suspect there are some reading these words might take exception to the title: "We Do Not Lose Heart". You do not mean to lose heart. You do not want to lose heart. You know that you should not lose heart. But, you are. You are losing heart or at least you feel like you may be losing heart.
You have dreams that seem to be fading. You think about opportunities that have passed by, or never came. You see obstacles that are too big and too powerful to overcome. You are faced with problems that seem to have no solution. You feel the pressure, you are perplexed, you feel you are being attacked on every side and from the most surprising people, and are afraid that if you are knocked down one more time you make not be able to get back up. You feel weak, tired, and defeated.
What are you going to do? What can you do?
Start here. Read what Paul wrote, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." (2 Corinthians 4:7-12, NIV)
Does that sound like you? At least the "hard pressed, perplexed, in despair, persecuted, abandoned, and struck down" parts sounds familiar? The other things? Not so much right now.
Read what he wrote at the end of the chapter, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18, NIV)
Feel any better? Does it help to know you are not alone in your struggles? Do you find any comfort in hearing that others have experienced the same difficulties? Maybe? Maybe not? I know. I have been there.
Before you quit take a deep breath. Before you slump off into depression and hopelessness because you still cannot figure out how to fix all the stuff that is wrong in your world read this third paragraph that fits between the other two. This is where Paul reveals the reason he does not lose heart.
He wrote, "It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." (2 Corinthians 4:13-15, NIV)
Did you see it? It is right there in the middle of the paragraph. One sentence: because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence.
That is the secret. That is the key. That is what can keep us from losing heart. Look up. Look at Jesus. Rely on the fact that He will raise us up. Our struggles show that the Gospel is at work in us. Our difficulties will be turned into His glory. There is a lot we cannot see if we stay focused only on what we can see. This is temporary stuff. We are about the eternal.
I pray that through our faith in Jesus Christ who will raise us up we will not lose heart.

O God, You spread your love over us in life’s storms. May we rest secure and feel your comfort even in times when we may not sense your presence. Help us to feel your presence wherever we go and to find our true home in your love with your people. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 14
Amaziah Reigns in Judah
1 In the second year of Joash the son of Jehoahaz, king of Israel, Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, became king. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-nine years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Jehoaddan of Jerusalem. 3 And he did what was right in the sight of the Lord, yet not like his father David; he did everything as his father Joash had done. 4 However the high places were not taken away, and the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places. 5 Now it happened, as soon as the kingdom was established in his hand, that he executed his servants who had murdered his father the king. 6 But the children of the murderers he did not execute, according to what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses, in which the Lord commanded, saying, “Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; but a person shall be put to death for his own sin.” 7 He killed ten thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt, and took Sela by war, and called its name Joktheel to this day. 8 Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, “Come, let us face one another in battle.” 9 And Jehoash king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, “The thistle that was in Lebanon sent to the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, ‘Give your daughter to my son as wife’; and a wild beast that was in Lebanon passed by and trampled the thistle. 10 You have indeed defeated Edom, and your heart has lifted you up. Glory in that, and stay at home; for why should you meddle with trouble so that you fall—you and Judah with you?” 11 But Amaziah would not heed. Therefore Jehoash king of Israel went out; so he and Amaziah king of Judah faced one another at Beth Shemesh, which belongs to Judah. 12 And Judah was defeated by Israel, and every man fled to his tent. 13 Then Jehoash king of Israel captured Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash, the son of Ahaziah, at Beth Shemesh; and he went to Jerusalem, and broke down the wall of Jerusalem from the Gate of Ephraim to the Corner Gate—four hundred cubits. 14 And he took all the gold and silver, all the articles that were found in the house of the Lord and in the treasuries of the king’s house, and hostages, and returned to Samaria. 15 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoash which he did—his might, and how he fought with Amaziah king of Judah—are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel? 16 So Jehoash rested with his fathers, and was buried in Samaria with the kings of Israel. Then Jeroboam his son reigned in his place. 17 Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, lived fifteen years after the death of Jehoash the son of Jehoahaz, king of Israel. 18 Now the rest of the acts of Amaziah, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 19 And they formed a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem, and he fled to Lachish; but they sent after him to Lachish and killed him there. 20 Then they brought him on horses, and he was buried at Jerusalem with his fathers in the City of David. 21 And all the people of Judah took Azariah, who was sixteen years old, and made him king instead of his father Amaziah. 22 He built Elath and restored it to Judah, after the king rested with his fathers.
Jeroboam II Reigns in Israel
23 In the fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of Joash, king of Judah, Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, became king in Samaria, and reigned forty-one years. 24 And he did evil in the sight of the Lord; he did not depart from all the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin. 25 He restored the territory of Israel from the entrance of Hamath to the Sea of the Arabah, according to the word of the Lord God of Israel, which He had spoken through His servant Jonah the son of Amittai, the prophet who was from Gath Hepher. 26 For the Lord saw that the affliction of Israel was very bitter; and whether bond or free, there was no helper for Israel. 27 And the Lord did not say that He would blot out the name of Israel from under heaven; but He saved them by the hand of Jeroboam the son of Joash. 28 Now the rest of the acts of Jeroboam, and all that he did—his might, how he made war, and how he recaptured for Israel, from Damascus and Hamath, what had belonged to Judah—are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel? 29 So Jeroboam rested with his fathers, the kings of Israel. Then Zechariah his son reigned in his place.

Dear Lord, Thank you for blotting out our sins. Give us grace to erase the record of wrongs done to us, as we pray, “Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us” (Luke 11:4). Give us wisdom to discern whether we need to wait patiently or to step out of our comfort zone — in obedience and with purpose. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply