Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 3/22

God has given us the tool of holy scripture as “a lamp to [our] feet and a light to [our] path.” It is a primary tool to help us keep our life together and make us strong and useful for God’s work.

If we throw away our hopes and dreams because the situation looks grim or change takes too long, we may miss what God is about to do. When we continue to trust, God works faithfully to accomplish good.

When we turn to God 1st, we will never have to turn to Him as a last resort.

When we walk with God life is less of a struggle.

Wherever we are, we can trust that God will be there to answer our cries for help.

Talk to God, He longs to hear from us.

Whenever we want to talk to God, He’s never too busy to listen.

Put Feet to Your Faith! by Gail Rodgers
“In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” (James 2:17)
“Having faith” is popular these days as interest in spirituality grows. Yet faith that is truly alive has a distinguishing mark: It will care about others in a way that puts feet to that faith. Listen to this wisdom from James 2:14-17:
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Today I heard a cool story about a couple who gathered a bag of shoes, rain gear, and other necessary items and put them in the grocery cart of a street person. A few days later, while out on a walk, they saw the lady wearing the new shoes. Though her eyes were usually cast down, and she did not look at passers-by, she quietly lifted her head as they passed and flashed a huge smile.
True faith demands action! God bless you as you put feet to your faith today!
Lord God, please open my eyes today to the needs around me so I can lovingly put feet to my faith. Show me the one on Your heart who is within my reach to help. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Questions: In what ways is it most important to you to put feet to your faith? How have you been inspired by others putting their belief into action?

It Started with a Bug by Kristi Huseby
“Yet, my brothers, I do not consider myself to have ‘arrived’, spiritually, nor do I consider myself already perfect. But I keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped me. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have fully grasped it even now. But I do concentrate on this; I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal – my reward the honor of being called by God in Christ. (Philippians 3:12-14, Phillips Translation, emphasis mine)
I agreed to pick our son up from school. While I was driving, I noticed a bug crawling on my side of the window. At first, I wasn’t concerned but then I began to think, “What if it starts flying around in the car or maybe even crawls on me! Yikes. I have to get it out of my car NOW!” So I tried to roll down my window to flick it out but it was raining and I didn’t want to get wet. I was so focused on trying to get the bug out of my car that I forgot about everything else, including the fact that I WAS DRIVING A CAR!!!
The JOLT, as my car hit the curb, brought me back to reality! Oh NO! How could I have been so stupid?! There was a very discernible listing to the right side. I could feel the kerthump, kerthump of my tire as it hobbled down the road. I pulled off to the side of the road, put my head on the steering wheel and gave myself a verbal lashing. “Really, Kristi, a bug! You just HAD to get a tiny little bug out of your car!!!”
Then I realized I had to call my husband. . . Can I just say, “UGH!”
Do I really have to tell him what I did, I wondered. I picked up my phone, tried to act nonchalant and said as calmly as if I was calling to tell him I would pick up his dry cleaning, “Honey, I’ve got a flat tire.” (Hoping he wouldn’t ask any further questions.) “What! How did you get a flat tire???” (Okay, that wasn’t going to work!)
“Well, you see there was this bug . . .”
Why do I do stupid things like that? Why do I allow a little thing like a bug to distract me? Even though it started out as a small little distraction, the repercussions of my inattentiveness were not simple (or cheap I might add).
I’ve noticed that it doesn’t take much in my spiritual life to get me distracted either. Doubt. . . Discouragement. . . Worry. . . Control. . . Self-preservation. Even good things like . . . Family. . . Ministry. . . Friendships . . .
And I hear my Heavenly Father gently say to me, “Why do you allow such a small insignificant thing like busyness to distract you from Me?”
The repercussions of my lack of spiritual focus can be monumental as well! They have effects I never imagined would happen. My choices can cause a fellow believer to become disillusioned in their faith and walk away. They can cause my heart to turn away from God.
But I’m encouraged by the words of Paul in Philippians, “Yet, my brothers, I do not consider myself to have ‘arrived’, spiritually, nor do I consider myself already perfect. But I keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped me. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have fully grasped it even now. But I do concentrate on this; I leave the past behind and with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead I go straight for the goal – my reward the honor of being called by God in Christ. (Philippians 3:12-14, Phillips Translation, emphasis mine)
It’s never too late for me to throw off past mistakes and “keep going on, grasping ever more firmly that purpose for which Christ grasped us.” And it isn’t for you either!
These verses give me hope that through His strength I can put that distraction behind me, realign my focus and be even that more on guard for those things that tempt me to shift my eyes from the true journey.
What about you, my friend, do you have a “bug” in your life that has derailed you and caused you to lose your focus? Remember, it’s never too late to turn back to your forgiving Savior and “grasp the purpose for which Christ has grasped you!”
God of all things great and small, remind me that You are the focus of my life, my hope and joy, my strength and shelter. When my attention drifts gently bring it back to You I pray. Amen
Question: What kinds of little things distract you in your faith? What can you do differently today to keep your eyes fixed on God?

"What do you fear?" By Bob Perks
I watched a child in the mall yesterday as she was kicking and screaming. Her parents were trying their best to calm her down.
I also watched the people passing by them. Some shook their heads and saw the child as a spoiled, "give me what I want now," child. Others paused and offered a few kind words to both the child and parents.
"You're such a beautiful little girl. Such a beautiful girl shouldn't cry," one lady said.
"Don't be so sad. We all have bad days," added another.
"I think she's a spoiled brat," I heard one whisper to a friend.
None of them were right. The child was neither spoiled nor having a bad day.
She was afraid.
The parents told me afterwards that someone carrying a coat scared her. She's afraid of dogs. The coat looked like a big dog.
They went on to explain that it is a challenge for them to go places. Friends have dogs, neighbors nearby walk their dogs down the street.
So, you can imagine what it's like to try to get through a day without sending your child into a panic.
I can remember, as a child walking up the steps at night I would get the feeling that someone or some thing was going to grab my feet. So, I ran most of the time.
I'll admit that occasionally as an adult I do the same thing.
Fear. What you fear the most in life, owns you, controls you, limits you.
I struggle with the fear of heights, but I fight it.
My wife sent me off in a glider on my 60th birthday. I was fine. I was better than fine, I was great!
If I could have one foolish child-like wish come true it would be to have the ability to fly like a bird.
The truth is fear can be debilitating. Fear cripples many, limits abilities to enjoy even the simplest things in life and in some cases stops people from having medical procedures that could prevent major health issues.
Fear also crushes dreams.
Sometimes our own fears are imposed on others around us affecting their views and impacting heir ability to live life fully...all in the name of love, concern and good parenting.
Someone once used the acronym F.E.A.R as False Evidence Appearing Real.
I'm not sure that applies to all fear. One might have had a bad experience with a dog and now that fear is real, relevant in their lives.
But, I think the kind of fear I believe we can deal with is the fear that reinforces doubt.
In particular poor self image issues either self imposed or wrongfully fed to you by others in your life or the world in general.
Fear and doubt are enemies of faith. They are the enemy that you permit to control your decisions even when you declare your faith in God.
You give them power over you. The enemy doesn't want you to be happy, successful, or faithful. The enemy wants you to fail and stay there. Why?
Because successful, happy, healthy people give credit for their happiness to God even when they face their fears they declare their belief in the God who fears nothing.
"Fear prevents, faith prevails!"

AN EVERLASTING LOVE by Melanie Schurr
"Long ago the LORD said to Israel: 'I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.'" (Jeremiah 31:3)
As I ponder the unfailing love of God, I am comforted and pleased to know that God loves His children so intensely. However, I can't help but wonder... Does our own returned love matches His? Sure we say we love Him, but would we be willing to suffer and die for His Son, Jesus Christ, the way He did for us so that we may have eternal life?
Thankfully, God does not require us to be killed in order to show our love for Him. However, He does require we offer our life to Him by way of how we chose to live.
The life we live, and all we do and say, is a living and breathing testament of our faith, and reveals bluntly if we are going to not just talk the talk, but also walk the walk. Certainly, there may be times we stumble and fall, but God loves us so deeply that He is willing and able to forgive when there is genuine repentance. This, my dear friends, is how we can also show God our most sincere love; are we willing to give up sin for Him, even when sin may feel pleasurable?
When all is said and done, sin may seem "not that bad," but its reality is that it is destructive, not only to our relationship with God, but to our very bones, and the lives of our family members, and anyone else who is affected by our transgressions.
God IS a loving God, and just as He draws us near to Him, likewise, we must cleave to Him in our strength, and in our weakness. Never should we let go, for never would He let you go.

Memo From God Author Unknown
Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life.
1. Quit Worrying: Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?
2. Put it on the List: Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list. Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to Me. And although My to-do-list is long, I am after all... God. I can take care of anything you put into My hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.
3. Trust Me: Once you've given your burdens to Me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in Me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on My list. Problem with finances? Put it on My list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For My sake, put it on My list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
4. Leave It Alone: Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with Me and forget about them. Just let Me do my job.
5. Talk to Me: I want you to forget a lot of things. Forget what was making you crazy. Forget the worry and the fretting because you know I'm in control. But there's one thing I pray you never forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me - OFTEN! I love YOU! I want to hear your voice. I want you to include Me in on the things going on in your life. I want to hear you talk about your friends and family. Prayer is simply you having a conversation with Me. I want to be your dearest friend.
6. Have Faith: I see a lot of things from up here that you can't see from where you are. Have faith in Me that I know what I'm doing. Trust Me; you wouldn't want the view from My eyes. I will continue to care for you, watch over you, and meet your needs. You only have to trust Me. Although I have a much bigger task than you, it seems as if you have so much trouble just doing your simple part. How hard can trust be?
7. Share: You were taught to share when you were only two years old. When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who need encouragement. Share your laughter with those who haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with those who have none.
8. Be Patient: I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much. How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always rush, rush, rush.
9. Be Kind: Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love you all. Please try to get along, for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be too boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.
10. Love Yourself: As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself? You were created by me for one reason only -- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love. Love Me. Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong. You are very precious to me. Don't ever forget that!
With all my heart I love you, GOD
Suggested Prayer: "Heavenly Father, form in me the likeness of your Son and deepen His life within me that I may be like Him in word and deed. Help me to live the gospel faithfully and give me strength and courage to not shrink back in the face of adversity and temptation."

"The Lion and The Gazelle"
There's an old African proverb that says, "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle; when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
When we awaken each morning, we must realize that "The devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8)
In Psalm 5, we read that David came to God early in the morning and asked for his protection and help. We also need to pay attention to the vital importance of prayer.
"The Secret" By Ralph Cushman
I met God in the morning
When the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.
All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.
Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.
Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I, too, had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.
So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
If you will allow it, I will take you to a high place where you can see your life objectively, apart from emotional investment, to gain a broader perspective. From this view, you will be able to see My work in your life more clearly and completely. And, you can rejoice in the mercy I have shown you, the favor that has surrounded you, and the grace that has empowered you to accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. This outlook will also distance you from the past and release you to move ahead unencumbered. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Pay close attention. Listen and look for My wisdom that will bring solutions to problems, some of which are long-standing. Because you have thought the problem was difficult and complex, you presumed that the solution would also be complicated. But, now you will see that it is really quite simple--an obvious answer and perfect fit. Receive it with joy, says the Lord. Psalms 20:6 Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.

I speak to those who have yielded to the fear of deprivation. Do not allow your fear to override faith in My provision. Put your trust in Me to bless you and to meet your needs. You belong to Me. Am I not able to do what is necessary to get you through a time of leanness? I AM, says the Lord. Psalm 24:1-5 The earth is the LORD’S, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters. Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Beloved, I am doing an internal work in you to show you the way of walking in the Spirit. There is a place of certainty already established in you where you can express spiritual reality in power. But, you must do it internally before you can manifest it externally, says the Lord. Luke 6:45 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

The enemy is doing his utmost to cause you to focus on the things that discourage you, but you must refuse that temptation. There are things that you do not yet understand; things that have not yet come to light that will make it easier to stay in the flow of My Spirit, says the Lord. Be patient and stay alert. I will guide you through this maze of confusion. 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rise up now, My people, come and walk with Me. No longer cling to your religious exercise, but I say, come unto Me. Come now with renewed hope. For, faith is the substance of the things that you hope for. Begin again to walk with Me. And, in that I mean you’re not walking trying to find Me, you’re not walking to search Me out. But, you have taken hold of My hand and you are walking with Me into the perfect presence of reality and truth--a present truth that will guide you; truth that cries out from your inner most being. It is truth that puts aside those things that were not in faith and believes. If you will do these things they will serve you well. And, you will find yourself out of the dilemma that your are in and the kingdom of your God will become a reality to you in a more specific way, in a more personal way and in a more present way, says the Lord.

My Heart Belongs To You by Nancy Burr
I didn’t know what love was,
Till I fell in love with you.
You took away my lonely heart,
And made my dreams come true.
The day you came into my life,
A dream for me came true.
And from that very moment,
I knew that I loved you.
You are a treasure just for me,
A gift from God above.
And I thank Him for you daily,
That He sent me you to love.
When you hold me in your arms,
Warmth just fills my heart.
You hold me close and then I know,
We’ll never be apart.
You show me that you love me,
By the things you say and do.
No matter how my day has been,
You’re there to help me through.
I didn’t know what love was,
Till I fell in love with you.
You've shown me what love is,
And my heart belongs to you.

Shine On Me by Nancy Burr
Beautiful Jesus,
You shine on me.
You brighten my life,
And help me see.
Even on dark days,
When the skies gray.
You light my path,
So I don’t stray.
All through the morning,
And afternoon too.
Right into the evening,
Your light gets me through.
I wouldn’t want to live,
Without Your light.
Life would be empty,
And dark as night.
Your light shines down,
On my heart and soul.
It fills me up,
And makes me whole.
My sweet Jesus,
Your love shines down.
It washes away,
My sad frown.
When I feel lost,
You send more love.
It rains on me,
>From up above.
Beautiful Jesus,
You are my light.
You shine on me,
And it feels right.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

To him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory. Ephesians 3:20-21

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For “He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit. 11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:8-11

Various Exhortations
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves. 14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2

16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3 :16

Bibs or Aprons? Author Unknown
I recently visited a fast-growing church in Minnesota to learn from their staff. It was a privilege to witness their passion for doing high quality ministry in Jesus' name. I left with some new insights and renewed passion for the Gospel.
One of the phrases that I heard while I was there was, "We want our members to wear aprons, not bibs." Here's what they meant:
Bibs are for people who only want to be fed.
Bibs are for those who are not yet ready or willing to feed themselves.
Bibs are for those who are more interested in being served than in serving.
Bibs are for those who insist that the church exists for them and their needs.
Bibs are for babes in the faith, those who haven't caught God's vision for the church, or those who are not yet of the faith.
Aprons are for those who have a heart to serve others in Jesus' name.
Aprons are for those who know that they are the church.
Aprons are for those who don't mind getting their hands dirty.
Aprons are for those who take the time daily to feed their spiritual hunger.
Aprons are for those who are growing in faith, and hunger to help others grow.
Church growth consultant, Win Arn, interviewed thousands of Christians in America several years ago and asked them what they thought the church existed for. Eighty-eight percent said, in essence, "The church exists to serve my needs and the needs of my family." In other words, 88% of Christians in America are still wearing bibs.
On the night when he was betrayed, just hours before he was crucified, the very Son of God took off his outer garments, wrapped a towel around his waist, and washed his disciples' feet. When he was done he said, "I have just given you an example to follow." In other words, Jesus called his disciples to wear aprons, not bibs.
In Matthew, Jesus is recorded as saying, "For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." He also said, "If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will find it."
Jesus calls us to wear aprons, not bibs. Which are you wearing?
Bringing It Home:
1. How would you answer the question, "Why does the church exist?" Does your answer reflect your bib or your apron?
2. How can you help others in your Christian community to trade their bib for an apron?
3. If you're not already serving in a ministry in your church, make a commitment to begin this month.
"For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."
Matthew 20:28
Prayer: "Lord Jesus, thank you for feeding me daily with your word. Fill me with your redeeming love. Open my eyes to clearly see the needs of those around me, and then open my hands to serve them. Each day, strengthen me with your Spirit, so that I might choose to wear an apron, not a bib. This I pray in your name. Amen."

Dear Lord, Help us not to judge but rather to listen and to help others. Sometimes our efforts seem small. Help us realize that anything we do to help someone in need is done for you. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 16
Ahaz Reigns in Judah
1 In the seventeenth year of Pekah the son of Remaliah, Ahaz the son of Jotham, king of Judah, began to reign. 2 Ahaz was twenty years old when he became king, and he reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem; and he did not do what was right in the sight of the Lord his God, as his father David had done. 3 But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel; indeed he made his son pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the nations whom the Lord had cast out from before the children of Israel. 4 And he sacrificed and burned incense on the high places, on the hills, and under every green tree. 5 Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, came up to Jerusalem to make war; and they besieged Ahaz but could not overcome him. 6 At that time Rezin king of Syria captured Elath for Syria, and drove the men of Judah from Elath. Then the Edomites went to Elath, and dwell there to this day. 7 So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria, saying, “I am your servant and your son. Come up and save me from the hand of the king of Syria and from the hand of the king of Israel, who rise up against me.” 8 And Ahaz took the silver and gold that was found in the house of the Lord, and in the treasuries of the king’s house, and sent it as a present to the king of Assyria. 9 So the king of Assyria heeded him; for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus and took it, carried its people captive to Kir, and killed Rezin. 10 Now King Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria, and saw an altar that was at Damascus; and King Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the design of the altar and its pattern, according to all its workmanship. 11 Then Urijah the priest built an altar according to all that King Ahaz had sent from Damascus. So Urijah the priest made it before King Ahaz came back from Damascus. 12 And when the king came back from Damascus, the king saw the altar; and the king approached the altar and made offerings on it. 13 So he burned his burnt offering and his grain offering; and he poured his drink offering and sprinkled the blood of his peace offerings on the altar. 14 He also brought the bronze altar which was before the Lord, from the front of the temple—from between the new altar and the house of the Lord—and put it on the north side of the new altar. 15 Then King Ahaz commanded Urijah the priest, saying, “On the great new altar burn the morning burnt offering, the evening grain offering, the king’s burnt sacrifice, and his grain offering, with the burnt offering of all the people of the land, their grain offering, and their drink offerings; and sprinkle on it all the blood of the burnt offering and all the blood of the sacrifice. And the bronze altar shall be for me to inquire by.” 16 Thus did Urijah the priest, according to all that King Ahaz commanded. 17 And King Ahaz cut off the panels of the carts, and removed the lavers from them; and he took down the Sea from the bronze oxen that were under it, and put it on a pavement of stones. 18 Also he removed the Sabbath pavilion which they had built in the temple, and he removed the king’s outer entrance from the house of the Lord, on account of the king of Assyria. 19 Now the rest of the acts of Ahaz which he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? 20 So Ahaz rested with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the City of David. Then Hezekiah his son reigned in his place.

Dear God, Thank you for sometimes giving us big answers that we didn’t have the courage to ask for. Please help us to trust you enough to make our requests as big as you are. Help us to remember that we belong to you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply