Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 16

Whatever life brings, God is here to help us through it.

When we keep scripture in our hearts, we are never far from God.

The same God who blesses us is right here to help us right the wrongs, solve the problems, and weather the storms this life invariably brings.

God opens the door of hope when we can't reach the handle.

Joy isn't the absence of pain -- it's the presence of God.

God is still speaking. Today, be quiet and listen.

"Lord, where we are wrong, make us willing to change; where we are right, make us easy to live with." --Peter Marshall

Wait, and be still, patient: keep God first and everything else will follow.

How Best To Hear God by Deana Weyman
The world-wide, ever-increasing pace of life in general — encouraged by the onset of technical advances which allow for immediate access and interaction with others through a simple phone device — is drastically changing our lives.
Social media extend and multiply that access, allowing us to be recognized personally around the world. Although some of it can be helpful, most of it is surface recognition that has little depth or meaning, especially when it interrupts a real social get-together, such as a business meeting, a meal, or a family gathering.
But lately, I've noticed an increase in comments from people looking for respite from the faster pace of life, all of them wishing that it would slow down. However, we are unwittingly caught up in it. Texting is so much faster and cheaper than phoning. Let's confirm that pickup time now … oh, and what are you wearing? See how well it works? No voice contact required.
No matter how young and/or technically capable we are, we can process only so much information in depth at one time.
Back in the last century, when our teenagers were studying, they frequently tried to convince us, their parents, that they were perfectly capable of doing their homework while tuned in to their favourite radio station. Thankfully, we eventually won out. Studies have shown that the human brain is better able to absorb, understand, and memorize information in peaceful surroundings. Taking information in is one thing; learning it is something else.
So, too, when our bodies and minds are quiet, we are better able to narrow the spiritual space between ourselves and God. He has told us, "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10 NIV), and He will do the rest.
Luke 5:16 – But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. (NIV)
Mark 6:31b – [Jesus] said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (NIV)
In light of this, let us all make an extra effort to find our own personal quiet place daily, to get away from the fast pace of life for some respite, and share some quiet time with God. If we use this time also to simply listen, He will take it from there.
Prayer: Dear Father Lord, we so badly need Your peace, yet we are increasingly filling every waking moment with information that we think is important, and sharing it technologically around the world with increasing speed. We ask You to show each one of us how to slow down and share more precious time alone with You. Thank You for hearing our prayers for a closer walk with You. Amen.

A Different Approach by Tom
It is Monday morning.It is early Monday morning. You are sleeping soundly and deeply and peacefully. You are shaken from your slumber by your alarm on the nightstand next to your bed. In your grogginess you search for the alarm and turn it off as you glance at the clock. You groan in disbelief that it is time to get up and flop your head back on your pillow. Then, you remember, “I work for the Lord! I get a pay check from the company, but I serve the Lord Christ.” Your approach to the day is totally different.
You did not get much sleep last night. One of your little ones had a nightmare then had a difficult time getting back to sleep. Once he was finally settled down, your other little one woke up wanted to play. as the day goes on you perform your duties as best you can. Getting them fed for breakfast, then again for lunch, then your husband calls and tells you he needs to works a couple of hours longer. You slump down in a kitchen chair almost in tears, when these words printed on a card and stuck on the refrigerator, “Whatever you do…” (Colossians 3:17). You know the verse. You put the card there for just such times. Your sigh changes to a deep cleansing breath as you remind yourself: “I work for the Lord. I serve the Lord Jesus.” You smile when the little ones come running in saying, “Mommy, we’re hungry.” “Yeah, Mommy, we’re hungry.”
The summer break seemed much too short as you get your classroom ready for a new group of students. Faculty meetings, after school activities, and parent conferences are what awaits you. It almost overwhelms you until you remember, “I work for the Lord! I get a pay check from the school board, but I serve the Lord Christ.” Your whole disposition has changed as you look at the list of new students.
Your football team lost, your car would not start this morning, you electric bill is the highest of the year, and your son just called saying he had lost his job and wants to move back home. Your boss hands you a project that she wants finished by the end of the day. Your wife just called saying her mother is coming for long visit. Your shoulders slump as your turn your chair to face the window daydreaming about last summer’s vacation. That’s when you are reminded, “I work for the Lord! I take orders from my employer, but I serve the Lord Christ.” You spin your chair around and dive into the project.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:17, NIV)
Keep that verse handy this week. You may need it to help you remember that there is a different approach to the tasks that face you.

The Roundabout by Robin Ross
At the end of June, we had a wonderful opportunity to visit the countryside of Italy. We exulted in the sense of history as we visited ancient villages perched atop extinct volcanic buttes with steep cliffs and walls for protection from invasion. With family as interpreters, we were introduced to Italian traditions, culture, and language. Many stores closed at 1 p.m. and reopened at 4 p.m. or as late as 7 p.m. People were still sitting outside restaurants after midnight. One store would sell fresh bread, while another would sell meat, and another vegetables, all within walking distance. We never did see a supermarket, and everything was closed on Sunday.
In Italy, the price of fuel is high, so most cars are small, many use diesel, and almost all have standard transmissions. Having driven only automatic for years, standard was a challenge. Another challenge was the roundabouts! In the middle car of a three-car convoy, a couple of times, we found ourselves at a loss as to where the lead car had gone. Pre-occupied with avoiding traffic coming from the left and starting in the right gear, when it was clear to go, we would look back at the lead car, which had either disappeared or become indistinguishable from other black cars going off in every direction. Not being sure of which exit to take, we were forced to choose, and twice we chose wrongly.
What we noticed after taking one wrong turn was that we were on a very narrow, restrictive street that did not afford us the opportunity to stop or turn around in the heavy traffic. We were stuck going in the wrong direction, and we had no way of going back to try a different exit. Fortunately, the car following us was equipped with a GPS, and we were eventually able to be reunited with the lead car.
I considered how this event was such an analogy with life as we must live it. The choices that we make are so often ones that we must stick with — ones that change the direction of our life with no going back. We make bad moral decisions, choosing enticing actions that look good, but prove to be destructive and disastrous. In all our decisions, failure is possible, and we may feel like idiots for the choices that we have made. However, unlike travelling those restrictive streets, we can always turn around and go in God's direction. We have a God for Whom all things are possible. When we turn to Him, He has promised that He can bring good even out of our failures.
Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (NKJV)
With such a promise, we must never continue to live feeling like failures.
Prayer: Lord, we thank You that You are able to use even our mess-ups for Your glory. Rather than living in the shadow of our mistakes, bring us out into the sunshine of Your love and forgiveness. In Christ's name, we ask it. Amen.

One of the World's Greatest Miracles Author Unknown
Moses and the Israelites were in the desert, but what was he going to do with them? They had to be fed, and feeding two to three million people requires a lot of food. According to a Quartermaster in the Army, it is reported that Moses would have had to have 1500 tons of food for each day.
Do you know that to bring that much food each day requires two freight trains, each a mile long. They would have to have firewood to use in cooking the food. This would take 4000 tons of wood and more freight trains, each a mile long, just for one day. Think about it - they were forty years in transit, in a desert.
And oh yes! They would have to have water. If they only had enough to drink and wash a few dishes, it would take 11 million gallons each day, and a freight train with tank cars, 1800 miles long, just to bring water!
And another thing! They had to cross the Red Sea at night. Now, if they wanted a narrow path, double file, the line would be 800 miles long and would require 35 days and nights to get through. So, there had to be space in the Red Sea, 3 miles wide so that they could walk 5000 abreast to get over in one night.
But, there is another problem. Each time they camped at the end of each day, a camp ground two-thirds the size of Rhode Island was required, or a total of 750 square miles long.
Do you think Moses figured all this out before he left Egypt? I think not!! You see, Moses believed in God and God took care of these things for him.
Now, do you think God has any problem taking care of all of your needs?
"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

GOD'S Rosebushes by "J.J."
When I went to one of my local all-in-one stores, I went into the plant section seeking to find a rosebush. I was looking for one that was like my Grandmother’s, who inspired me as a child. She would have such wonderful roses and would have them flourish around her. So, with that in mind I came across this sad, poorly looking rosebush. It looked so unloved and alone sitting by itself. I picked it up and placed it in my cart, knowing with some tender loving care it would perk up. As I gave it attention, water and plant food it bloomed the sweetest smelling roses ...taking me back to my childhood and my loving Grandma.
I thought about it in relation to us humans. How GOD will pick us up when we are feeling down. How GOD will encourage us and show us love when we may feel unloved. How GOD will love us when no others will. How GOD will protect us, giving us food and shelter. How GOD loves us unconditionally and forever. How we bloom and flourish under HIS mighty love! How we are ever so happy with GOD in our lives! We are all his rosebushes, we flourish and prosper under GOD when we seek his face. When we are in need, all we have to do is to look up , with our hands stretched, and HE is there! It’s just as if we are the rosebushes stretching up for the sunlight and God is the sun shining the life giving light upon us. GOD is there smiling upon us, loving us! We serve a mighty and wonderful GOD!

John 15:1-8 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

God's Wings Author Unknown
An article in National Geographic several years ago provided a penetrating picture of God's wings...
After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick.
When he struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings.
The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies.
When the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover of her wings would live.
"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge" (Psalm 91:4)
Being loved this much should make a difference in your life. Remember the One who loves you and then, be different because of it.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Watch for opportunities to update things that are outdated or to fix things that are broken. This is a sign in the natural realm of a necessary process before you can move forward with clarity and purpose in the spirit realm. Be diligent to wrap up the old season so that there are no loose ends to be dealt with before stepping into the new spiritual year, says the Lord. Proverbs 13:4 The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

Walk with Me as you would walk with a dear and trusted friend. I will lead you in the way of spiritual experience that will result in greater understanding, faith, and maturity. You are in charge of this walk. You can choose your own path. You can choose not to walk with Me, but you would be missing out on a vital opportunity to know Me, says the Lord. Psalms 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Just when you think the changes you have made are sufficient, you will begin to see that your transformation is far from over. Outward corrections have been a sign of the need for internal work. You will soon see that the essence of the time ahead of you is spiritual and significant. Allow this work to lead you into complete unity with Me, says the Lord. Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Now is the time to begin to settle into the changes that have brought order. You are being positioned for maximum strength and effectiveness both in the natural realm and in the spirit. What seems like loss was simply dross, for you are being purified on every level. And, you will begin to realize the power and anointing that comes with greater purity, says the Lord. Stay the course! Daniel 12:10 "Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand."

Many of you, My people are vacillating in your position of faith. Establish yourself in unwavering faith in order to transcend your flesh or carnal nature. It is through righteousness and by My power that you overcome the works of darkness. You must walk in the light to get free and stay free, says the Lord. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Self pity is your enemy. Get up out of that place of weakness and infirmity and allow My strength to sustain you. You have to change your mindset before your body can respond to strength and wholeness, says the Lord. You are not a victim. Let victory lead the way into each day. Nehemiah 8:10b Then he said to them, "Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I see you and I know you. I know the struggles that you are going through. I know those things that the enemy is bringing against you. I know the seductions that he will use against you. So, if you will stay close to Me I will show you through the process of discernment his tactics against you. I will empower you to resist him so that he will flee from you. This is My desire, it is My will, I desire to see you in a position of victory, says the Lord. Trust Me, obey Me, believe in My ability to help you come through. Be aware, be aware, I will help you win, says the Lord.

I am releasing the strength and power of the anointing of this season to rest upon you. And, when this anointing comes in its full measure you are going to be changed. That spiritual oil will flow through you and ignite you and cause your spirit man to come to attention and come alive. Then out of your innermost being will flow the rivers of living water that I have prepared at this time. Be encouraged. Rise up to receive that which I have given to you. Be ready to be changed and ignited for this new season, says the Lord God Almighty.

Brighten Your Corner by Helen Steiner Rice
We cannot all be famous
or be listed in "Who's Who",
But every person, great or small,
has important work to do.
For seldom do we realize
the importance of small deeds,
Or to what degree of greatness
unnoticed kindness leads.
For it's not the big celebrity
in a world of fame and praise,
But it's doing unpretentiously
in an undistinguished way
The work that God assigned to us,
unimportant as it seems,
That makes our task outstanding,
and brings reality to dreams.
So do not sit and idly wish
for wider, new dimensions
where you can put into practice
your many good intentions.
But at the spot God placed you
begin at once to do,
Little things to brighten up
the lives surrounding you.
If everybody brightened up
the spot where they're standing,
By being more considerate,
and a little less demanding,
This dark old world would very soon
eclipse the evening star,
If everybody brightened up
the corner where they are!

My first thought in the morning
Is to thank God for the day,
And for the many blessings
He will send along my way.
If the faith that rests within me
Remains steadfast, firm and strong,
Then I know that peace and joy
Will be mine the whole day long.
Petty troubles will not vex me
Cause me anger or distress,
For God's loving presence guides me
To a gentle peacefulness.
Nor will I fear the future
Or what's in store for me,
For God's love will be forever
Through all eternity.
Author Unknown

Trust in [God] at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. - Psalm 62:8

Psalm 63:1-4 "O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen You in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory. Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands."

Isaiah 46:4 – [The Lord says,] "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Psalm 121:1-2 – I lift up my eyes to the hills — where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth. - Psalm 100:1

There’s a season for everything and a time for every matter under the heavens: . . . a time for planting and a time for uprooting what was planted. - Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:1

Deliverance from Deep Waters by Kathy Schultz
God is here with me, guiding me, and holding me, today! He is changing me into His image. This is not a news flash, but a basic fact, a fact I know well, but one I was forgetting. Recently, I found this message stated again in a new and exciting way. Let me explain.
I found myself in some very troubled waters, and it was way over my head. I did not know where to turn or what to do. Most of us have times like these, but somehow, it seemed as if I just kept getting into deeper and deeper water.
I shared the problem with a good friend who sympathized with me and prayed. I told God that I could not understand what was happening, but knew that He did. "Please God," I prayed, "reveal yourself to me, tell me what to do." I really wanted God to totally change the circumstances. The prayer helped, and I went away feeling better. My situation was that I knew someone was not pleased with me, and I wanted to change their perception. I began to think of how I could defend myself and formulated a plan. Vindication became my goal.
I asked another Christian friend for advice because I knew she was knowledgeable in this area.
A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel (Proverbs 1:5 NKJV)
She advised me to do and say nothing. "God knows your heart," she said, "and in this situation, it would be wise not to confront the issue." I was not happy with this counsel, but I had asked for advice. Now I needed to know if this was God's answer.
Amazingly, it did not take long for confirmation to come. It came from my daughter. She told me to wait on the Lord and agreed with my friend's advice. The second confirmation came from a Christian speaker who said Christians should not cause strife.
It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Proverbs 20:3).
I did not want to quarrel, but to vindicate myself. I was beginning to see how my plan might cause strife.
In God's mercy, he even sent another confirmation. It came from the friend who prayed with me. She brought me a copy of an article that appeared in her daily Devotion book. It was titled, Integrity Upheld from "Experiencing God Day-By-Day" by Henry Blackaby.
In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever (Psalm 41:12).
The author wrote that Joseph, Jesus' earthly father, was a man of integrity. God knew the truth, that Joseph had treated Mary honorably. Very likely the people in his community did not understand. The article said God may be the your only witness and the only one who understands your motives.
I began to think how difficult it must have been for Joseph and for Mary as well. He must have wanted to explain, but he must have known it probably wouldn't change the people's perception. God had a plan for Joseph, and his part was to trust and obey. Just as the hymn states, trust and obey for there is no other way to find happiness in Jesus.
Joseph probably realized later how blessed he was when Jesus sat at the table or worked with him at the workbench. The difficult situation became a blessing, an honor, one I can't even imagine. The article stated that our confidence is not in vindication from others, but in God. God would uphold me and set me in His presence.
How I needed to hear this message!
Another speaker, an expert gardener, said in order to have successful growth you need plants native to the climate and soil where they are planted. Some plants are meant for cold weather and others for the heat. Only God knows how we are designed. He is the One that gives us the stresses that will cause our growth. I could see how I needed to grow in Him. I now wanted God to use this situation to strengthen me in Him. I decided to change the goal, not the situation.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Thankfully, we have a wonderful Savior that uses others to encourage and give us direction. My friends had been used to teach and counsel me, just as the scripture says.
Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel each other (Colossians 3:16).
No news flash - God guided and held me through the troubled waters and even changed me in the process. Guess what? He is there to guide and hold you as well. He may even change you. But whatever He does, if you will allow Him, you will grow in character and strength. He will work it for your good.

Dear God, help us make time each day to steep in your love for us and to pour out that love to others. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 32
1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. 3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. 4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. 5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. 6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. 7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. 8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. 9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about. 11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

God, I trust you to give me all I need today, tomorrow, and all my days. The way will be clear, and all my needs provided for. I am grateful to rise and find peace in living. Thank You.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply